BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-31-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
blutattoo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
CL RC6 Brake pads

Installed these pads before latest track day after being disappointed by longevity of street/track combo pads on my Brembo BBK.

These are definitely track only pads as the noise when cold is significant, but man oh man are they freakin outstanding on the track. Even without heat in them they work fantastic so you don't have to worry about warning them up. Bite is way stronger than the Ferodo DS2500's that I ran before. Much less pedal effort to get stopped and I didn't find the limit all day. Zero fade and I mean zero. The pedal effort never changed after the entire day. With other pads by the end of the day I could find where the abs would engage, but I kept going deeper and deeper and still never activated abs. I'm sure they would be completely compatible for slicks and/or r compound tires. According to the instructions no bedding is required, so they made for an easy swap at the track. According to the marketing material they are suppose to be very rotor friendly and last significantly longer than other track pads but I'll have to wait and see about that. If you are looking for some track only pads these would be a fantastic option if you don't mind spending the coin (about 480 w/shipping).

Purchased from HPAutowerks and the link is below if you're interested. Big thumbs up for these.

http://hpashop.com/Brembo-Monobloc-6...brake-pads.htm
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2013, 11:47 PM   #2
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutattoo View Post
Installed these pads before latest track day after being disappointed by longevity of street/track combo pads on my Brembo BBK.

These are definitely track only pads as the noise when cold is significant, but man oh man are they freakin outstanding on the track. Even without heat in them they work fantastic so you don't have to worry about warning them up. Bite is way stronger than the Ferodo DS2500's that I ran before. Much less pedal effort to get stopped and I didn't find the limit all day. Zero fade and I mean zero. The pedal effort never changed after the entire day. With other pads by the end of the day I could find where the abs would engage, but I kept going deeper and deeper and still never activated abs. I'm sure they would be completely compatible for slicks and/or r compound tires. According to the instructions no bedding is required, so they made for an easy swap at the track. According to the marketing material they are suppose to be very rotor friendly and last significantly longer than other track pads but I'll have to wait and see about that. If you are looking for some track only pads these would be a fantastic option if you don't mind spending the coin (about 480 w/shipping).

Purchased from HPAutowerks and the link is below if you're interested. Big thumbs up for these.

http://hpashop.com/Brembo-Monobloc-6...brake-pads.htm
They are one of the best race pads out there and performance is equal of not better than Hawk DTC, PFC01 and other top pads.
Appreciate 0