BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-24-2012, 03:29 PM   #1
gnpower
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M Sport 135i

3rd party warranty

Just like my other early 1er's, my warranty runs out sooner than later. Has anyone thought of purchasing from a 3rd party? I've had some quotes done from BMW, carchex, AAA and Direct Buy Warranty, but price vary significantly between them. Does anyone have experience wth this? How do you know which companies are out to help and which are out to screw you?
      01-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
1Fasst1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 135i, Jet Black 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnpower View Post
Just like my other early 1er's, my warranty runs out sooner than later. Has anyone thought of purchasing from a 3rd party? I've had some quotes done from BMW, carchex, AAA and Direct Buy Warranty, but price vary significantly between them. Does anyone have experience wth this? How do you know which companies are out to help and which are out to screw you?
I purchased a 3rd party warranty when I bought my 09 135. It still had two years of factory warranty left, but buying at the time of purchase was cheaper. The company is 1st Choise MBC. It gives me four years and 60,000 miles of coverage after the factory coverage expires. This was for around 1,250 dollars. I cant tell you if the company is good or a rip-off and hope I dont have to find out. Like most extended warranties it has limitations which exclude wear and tear items such as brake pads, belts hoses, lights ,ect. It does cover any mechanicle items like the eng. turbos, starter trans and drive train ect. as well as any electronic items related to the drivability othe car. I am sure it will be a hassle to deal with any warranty co. but the cost of BMW parts and labor charges its worth trying. Good luck
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
rogm
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135I

I got one with Carchex, seem like a good deal to me, I drive about 800 miles per week so I got one to cover me till 140k...
Appreciate 0