BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-24-2011, 08:28 AM   #1
bigmondy
Rep
Drives: 118i M Sport 3 Series Coupe

Question 2012 Convertibles. M Sport. White. Recomendations needed.

Should I get the silver fleck thread lid for it - or just go for the iconic black?

I think the silver thread will make the top blend more with the rear diffuser which I am assuming is still grey and will hide marks better.

I am buying in November and would prefer to have the diesel for the running costs - however - will it be more clunky sounding given that it is a soft top?

Have the fog lights been removed on the m sport's?

Can the LED eybrow be used as a "day time running light" on it's own - as I can't afford the angel eyes?

What are the must have optional extras please?

Any help appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 10:39 AM   #2
pinmagic
The Only Sane One Here
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Convertible

The Moonlight top (w/silver threads) is sweet. Love mine. Not sure what model you're looking at, but there are no fog lights on 135's because there's no room for them - something in the engine bay prevents putting them there.
      06-24-2011, 11:37 AM   #3
bigmondy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinmagic View Post
The Moonlight top (w/silver threads) is sweet. Love mine. Not sure what model you're looking at, but there are no fog lights on 135's because there's no room for them - something in the engine bay prevents putting them there.

Thanks Sir. How do you keep the top clean? If I wash the bodywork with a pressure jetter with the foam spray and wax mix - will that affect the top?

I was going to go for the 118d - but it depends if I am advised its noisy - although my current 118d 1 series m sport hatchback is quite quiet with the stop start....... oh wait a minute ..... does that mean there might be fogs?

Edit: just realised I joined here when I bought the above car - I realise I havent contributed that much and promise to do something about that following my next purchase in November.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 10:27 AM   #4
KHN5448
D-POWER
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Current - BMW 330D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmondy View Post
Should I get the silver fleck thread lid for it - or just go for the iconic black?

I think the silver thread will make the top blend more with the rear diffuser which I am assuming is still grey and will hide marks better.

I am buying in November and would prefer to have the diesel for the running costs - however - will it be more clunky sounding given that it is a soft top?

Have the fog lights been removed on the m sport's?

Can the LED eybrow be used as a "day time running light" on it's own - as I can't afford the angel eyes?

What are the must have optional extras please?

Any help appreciated.
Silver thread definetely is a better option for the lights the fog lights are in all 1ers apart from the 135i the m sport body kit looks like the bmw 3 series facelift body that just came out if u get the other models es se sport you get the air curtain body kit with different fog lights and 2 big slits on the bumper near the wheels to let air vent, I went for the 120d as MPG and performance is just perfect 350NM of torque and 177(bmw claim but most engines are 180-185 standard) also i notice 0 to 60 wasnt accurate took me 7.4 in my mates 120d auto in steptronic mode.

I Got alot of options on my 1er but I think the must haves for me where the 261M alloys comfort package and an upgrade to the speakers( The Standard alloys on the m sport are ugly 17" you woulnt even take em if they were free i paid 400 quid for the upgrade in tires and alloys which is a bargain and standard speakers have no subs and poor quality upgrade worth it) If you have a wee bit of cash in the pocket i would reccomend the Pro Sat nav HU With internet because you get BMW new Idrive and you can set up the car far easier such as if u want DRL ON HOW LONG FOR N Other tinkerings but it costs I live in my car so Internet was a no brainer.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 10:40 AM   #5
KHN5448
D-POWER
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Current - BMW 330D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmondy View Post
Thanks Sir. How do you keep the top clean? If I wash the bodywork with a pressure jetter with the foam spray and wax mix - will that affect the top?

I was going to go for the 118d - but it depends if I am advised its noisy - although my current 118d 1 series m sport hatchback is quite quiet with the stop start....... oh wait a minute ..... does that mean there might be fogs?

Edit: just realised I joined here when I bought the above car - I realise I havent contributed that much and promise to do something about that following my next purchase in November.

I would definetely say get 120d n iv said it before espicailly if you already have a 118d hatch because the convertible weighs more with the roof mechanisms and wasnt too much of a price diff MPG wasnt too much diff either. However saying that the 118d engine is very very good and the torque in the engine pulls the car along smoothly.

as for the fogs YES there will definetely be fogs on the car.

But theres 2 different fogs M Sport has different fogs n body kit then the ES SE AND SPORT. Id say get the M Sport even tho its suppose to be stiffer rides over pot holes and bumps very very good. BUT YOU SHOULD TAKE A FEW 1ers out on a test drive a few being about 7 but remember this is the most expensive thing people pay for after a House so make sure u let the dealer know that LOL my dealer seemed like he wasnt even bothered until i told him that line LOL then he turned on His charm and a 9% discount on the car with 10% discount on all options( He told me this is the standard discount BMW Dealers can give there customers on the options so make sure u push for that)
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2011, 06:55 PM   #6
bigmondy
Rep

Thanks for the great advise KHN.

Really helpful.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #7
bigmondy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHN5448 View Post
10% discount on all options( He told me this is the standard discount BMW Dealers can give there customers on the options so make sure u push for that)
I am going to try this with the dealer next week Sir.

Thanks again for the advice.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 09:32 AM   #8
bigmondy
Rep

Not budging on the 10% for the extras - has anyone felt this was a deal breaker?
Appreciate 0