Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
OP has already owned a 1m, an m5, and a gullwing. He has been around long enough to show his maturity and respect for powerful cars.
I am perfectly aware of that. But ain't nothing wrong with a kind reminder. That's why I started out with "You know it, but I repeat it for your own well being: [...]". I expect him to give the notorious Kimi answer

Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 07:37 PM   #24
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
I share a lot of your sentiments with my car and many of what you note is why I dropped an S65 into it.
We both know that S65 is an easier engine to control, more linear therefore more predictable and with less snap character due to its lower (and again linear) tq delivery. It is a more mature, balanced engine so by dropping it in your build you altered the very nature of 1M as it is designed as a rodeo bull on crack but of course you wanted to do that in the first place. S65 means a lot of good things but doesn't necessarily mean more fun.

I personally am very happy with the N54T as the engine of choice for the 1M, imho it complements the car well at stock or similar power levels. Just because it can be modded to absurd levels of power so easily and cheaply doesn't mean that we should go ahead and do so. I bought the car thinking that N54 is the perfect choice for it rather than some others who bought it 'despite' its utilitarian and merely N branded engine.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 11:14 PM   #25
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo
Quote:
I share a lot of your sentiments with my car and many of what you note is why I dropped an S65 into it.
We both know that S65 is an easier engine to control, more linear therefore more predictable and with less snap character due to its lower (and again linear) tq delivery. It is a more mature, balanced engine so by dropping it in your build you altered the very nature of 1M as it is designed as a rodeo bull on crack but of course you wanted to do that in the first place. S65 means a lot of good things but doesn't necessarily mean more fun.

I personally am very happy with the N54T as the engine of choice for the 1M, imho it complements the car well at stock or similar power levels. Just because it can be modded to absurd levels of power so easily and cheaply doesn't mean that we should go ahead and do so. I bought the car thinking that N54 is the perfect choice for it rather than some others who bought it 'despite' its utilitarian and merely N branded engine.
I had the n54 for several years and I do love the motor.

I can tell you the s65 in a full built 1m bodied car is very much a raging bull.

My comparison to your post was more in response to the people who always tell me I could get more Hp with turbo upgrade or single turbos etc. or those who ask why I don't super charge.

It really is about balance that makes a good car and I completely agree that around 400hp is perfect.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2014, 10:40 AM   #26
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

VR TE37SL 18x9.5 et22 Arrival

Wheels Arrived
Attached Images

08-17-2014, 11:11 AM   #27
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-K
Wheels Arrived
the question is-----are they staying silver??
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 01:34 AM   #28
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
I had the n54 for several years and I do love the motor.

I can tell you the s65 in a full built 1m bodied car is very much a raging bull.

My comparison to your post was more in response to the people who always tell me I could get more Hp with turbo upgrade or single turbos etc. or those who ask why I don't super charge.

It really is about balance that makes a good car and I completely agree that around 400hp is perfect.
How's the weight difference/balance with the S65 in the 1? I'm very interested in the same route as you took as I plan to track the 1M more than DD it. I can save the original engine for future value purposes.

If you don't mind, could you PM me about some details of your build, budget, difficulties...Pros/cons...etc? Would love to hear from you.
      08-18-2014, 01:39 AM   #29
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Nevermind bro. Just found your build thread. You sir are FxxKing awesome!!!
      08-18-2014, 12:41 PM   #30
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

BAD NEWS,

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
Hi,

they are originally HyperBlue volk rays which is original paint from the factory and are actually the ones that inspire me with my HyperBlue BBS Ri-D,

Tried the wheels today..
awful..
looks great and my style, its always has been.. but the rub of the ad08r was too bad, i bought this wheels 3 times already back and forth.. and didn't even think carefully when buying the new tires…

had a long day thinking, think i'm gonna use the stock wheels, this sound sucks and i felt i already disappoint you guys a lot by staying stock on wheels, but the 1M is a future classic, classics are best in stock.. as the wheels is good already.. I have upcoming shipments of suspension and intake kits, then we'll see from there..

about going to being unique, i've tried but there is only one 1M in my town which boost down the competitiveness in moding the car.. I would only imagine it will be crazier if its in the capital.. I believe all the rest of 49 1M is there.. if I'm not mistaken...

Thank You,
      08-18-2014, 12:41 PM   #31
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Nevermind bro. Just found your build thread. You sir are FxxKing awesome!!!
hahaha he is indeed fxxKING awesome ..!
      08-18-2014, 12:50 PM   #32
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Oz or I could have been your father.

You know it, but I repeat it for your own well being: stock ///M cars already feature a LOT of power. Handle it with due respect and care. It's merciless brute force. You don't wanna know, or even experience, the Newton and g-force figures of a hard impact. Actually, you know what, it ain't bad to sometimes get behind the wheel of a low hp car: it allows you to put things into perspective and fathom with fascination how powerful ///M cars actually are (and how lethal an accident can be). One of my other cars has 75hp. Fun to drive. Subsequently stepping into the 1M and firing up the engine = being beamed into another world.
Haha!, Hi just got the chance to really open the threads, after a long holiday! sorry guys!

YESS!!, I love driving with a low hp car and a car that I basically won't care about getting a scratch or etc..
those times when I just want to drive break free and go crazy through the streets.

Never dropped the MDM.. only at empty streets and streets I know..

In the end of the day… age doesn't matter in cars..
70% of my friends are made from cars..
and funny are my close friends all are 10 years older than me,
it doesn't matter, car talk has its own magic.. don't know how either..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Exactly! I am not a fan of big power in 1M personally, I don't see the use of it unless drag racing is the aim of life or we are talking about serious racing and track records. Even in that case, remember how close was the stock car's lap records to comprehensive tuned cars', that says a lot! My car already is damn close to 400 hp crank without any mod to the engine, without an intake or down pipes. I bought stickier tires right after first 500 km. thinking that it needs tires that handle its torque better rather than more power, so that I could drive it in MDM or DSC off as much as I wished to but without putting myself or others in trouble.

I wish it had a tad less weight, that's all my real wish list for the 1M, rest is personal taste really (exhaust sound, certain cosmetic details etc.).

The car is very well balanced as it is with few and minor imperfections which are not intrusive or grave enough to distract its driver from having fun no matter where you drive or how slow/fast you are moving.

There is no doubt that in the future bone stock cars will worth way more than modded 1Ms and rightfully so, followed by ones that were subject to only carefully selected and executed 'non-intrusive' mods (like a good exhaust and trunk spoiler etc.). I don't mean anything like people should not mod their cars according to their taste, I mean that there is a price or two to pay for that which we should acknowledge.
Exactly what i've been thinking today..
using the stock wheels and just getting the stance better and better handling in terms of performance by coil overs.

The 1M is already special from the outside looking clean and stock.. funny was always before the car came I am too busy looking for wheels, without really realising the car and having a look when it actually came in stock…

plans are still limitless but for now, I will do clean mods, because same here, I appreciate stock old cars and value them more than modified ones,,,

Quote:
OP has already owned a 1m, an m5, and a gullwing. He has been around long enough to show his maturity and respect for powerful cars.
Ohh trust me, i am a newbie,, having the desire of cars and racing but yet doesn't show any talent .. haha
I drive slow..trust me slow..

anyways, thank you for the kind words.
      08-18-2014, 04:48 PM   #33
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
good move Jay! I love the stock look of the 1M. it's already a unique car....and you're right there is something quite lovely about a stock classic!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 11:04 AM   #34
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
good move Jay! I love the stock look of the 1M. it's already a unique car....and you're right there is something quite lovely about a stock classic!
True on that,
Keeping the stock look, but just fixing the height and also the stance maybe some little spacers will help..
then will just do some mods inside to keep the engine alive and exciting to drive… all of my friends never believe me, but i know this is a definite future classic right here mate!
      08-20-2014, 11:12 AM   #35
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

KW & Intake Kit

Had
KW V3 in my AW 1M, so figure out trying something new and for better stance..
KW Clubsport 2-way and also teaser of the intake kit!

Soon to be installed !

Current items to be installed:
-BMS Oil catch can
-KW CS Suspension
-Intake Kit
Attached Images

08-20-2014, 01:28 PM   #36
ALEJANDRO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: White 1M 2012

Is that an M Grouppe carbon intake??
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 01:40 PM   #37
Die ///M Rakete
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
After 35-40 you will find yourself thinking on stuff like a camber plate or +1 size tires for around a year or two before executing them.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 05:41 AM   #38
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Could you give me your opinion on the v3 and clubsport difference after you have it installed? Contemplating the two setups too and would be nice to get some feedback from someone who has experienced both on the same car.

I want the comfort of the v3 on the street but I want a more aggressive setup for the track. If the club sport is the best of both worlds then I'll go with that.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 08:14 AM   #39
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, i3 & track built Astra OPC

Quote:
Could you give me your opinion on the v3 and clubsport difference after you have it installed? Contemplating the two setups too and would be nice to get some feedback from someone who has experienced both on the same car.

I want the comfort of the v3 on the street but I want a more aggressive setup for the track. If the club sport is the best of both worlds then I'll go with that.
You will lose out on the comfort with justifiability available with the V3 as the clubsports run tightly wound competition springs (& helper springs) all round, I run clubsports on my track car and the DDC on the 1M, mind you the DDC is a V3 just made easier for adjustment sake at the touch of a button. Where you gain in one area you will lose out in another. But then you may be able to live with the firmer ride.....
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 03:39 PM   #40
131tch
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i DCT '11

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
I noticed the box said e92 m3, will a kw from an e90 m3 work on a 1m
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 11:48 AM   #41
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEJANDRO View Post
Is that an M Grouppe carbon intake??
Yes you are correct sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIN M View Post
Glad to hear I'm not the only one
haha!

Quote:

Still on progress sir !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_in_London View Post
You will lose out on the comfort with justifiability available with the V3 as the clubsports run tightly wound competition springs (& helper springs) all round, I run clubsports on my track car and the DDC on the 1M, mind you the DDC is a V3 just made easier for adjustment sake at the touch of a button. Where you gain in one area you will lose out in another. But then you may be able to live with the firmer ride.....
here's the expert brother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 131tch View Post
I noticed the box said e92 m3, will a kw from an e90 m3 work on a 1m
Thanks
Ya i believe e92 m3 and e82 1m share many parts,
not sure about e90 m3 though, but could be the same brother !
      08-25-2014, 12:39 PM   #42
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

KW Clubsport + Gruppe M Installation

Actually there are other bunch that is installed today,
the car is currently still spending the night at the workshop, the rear suspension haven't been swapped out, while front is done.

I have to admit that the gruppe M looks damn amazing, and especially me who always open hood after a drive, whenever i'm home. so the bills doesn't hurt that much because its worth it.

install:
-Gruppe M CF Intake
-KW Clubsport
-BMS Oil catch tank
-Roque Engineering stud kits
-Macht schnell 5mm rear spacers (maybe if can and don't rub)

Hope everything goes well and fits well so I could bring 'em home tomorrow!
Attached Images

Last edited by Jay-K; 08-25-2014 at 12:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 12:26 PM   #43
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep

KW installed

The new stance

loving the clubsport, the ride height is amazing and so far i have no clearance problem, I still drive the car anywhere..
the car feels like it is able to cope with harder sudden turns, brilliant stuff

and oh, i can't stop falling for the new height its just too damn goodie.

i'll take proper pictures i promise
Attached Images