BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-06-2008, 01:08 PM   #1
Graemeb
Rep
Drives:

Pics request..

Does anyone have any shots of an M Sport car wearing 17" wheels? I'm going to stick with the standard 17s as I drive quite a bit in winter and cant find run-flat winter tyres anywhere that fit the 18s. (And since mine will be a company car there's nooooo way I'm paying for spare rims)!

Thanks guys..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 04:34 PM   #2
taylor82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

These are the std 17's on the 123d m sport, i've seen them and driven on them and they're fine, just not as good looking as the 261's (see bottom) IMHO. I'm also going for the 123d but i've gone with the 18's, i'm not too concerned about the couple of weeks a year when the roads are bad, it hasn't bothered me too much in the last six years with my current car on 18's. There has only been one time where i had to reverse up a slight hill on a country lane for about 1/2 mile (luckily no one else on the road due to blizzard conditions!). I say go for the 18's, otherwise everytime you see a 1XX coupe with them you'll be kicking yourself, granted you won't see too many coupes though, i still haven't seen one on the road!
Anyway, congrats on the order, i'm sure you'll be happy regardless, i'm literally counting the days till mines ready, it really doesn't help being on here while hearing about everyone else getting their new 1ers

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 06:00 PM   #3
Graemeb
Rep
Drives:

Thanks for the advice mate, the only issue I have is that my job is to manage clients across the N.Yorks Moors (i.e. the land the Gritter forgot)! I spoke to BMWUK today and they've told me it's OK to fix non run flat tyres so long as I carry a spare, so maybe I'll stick with the 18s and use non run flat winters between Dec and Feb.. Think I'll get some comparative snaps then make a choice.. Many thanks, Graeme.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 10:09 PM   #4
johnyguy
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graemeb View Post
Thanks for the advice mate, the only issue I have is that my job is to manage clients across the N.Yorks Moors (i.e. the land the Gritter forgot)! I spoke to BMWUK today and they've told me it's OK to fix non run flat tyres so long as I carry a spare, so maybe I'll stick with the 18s and use non run flat winters between Dec and Feb.. Think I'll get some comparative snaps then make a choice.. Many thanks, Graeme.

hey i maybe missing a few things here sorry for that i just have a question is it the 17 inch wheels comes with runflat as well?

and the 17 inch wheels means all the 4 tires are the same size i mean wall thicknes?

i am in the US and i think even the 17" comes with run flat tires!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 09:24 AM   #5
Crowley
Major
Rep
Drives:

Speaking of this .. anyone know where the spare is stored or is there no spare for any 135?

thanks,
Crowley

The last words on the powerplant should go to a clearly overwhelmed Hormazd Sorabjee, editor and publisher of Autocar India: “There is something simply magical about BMW’s in-line six. It has a creamy smoothness that makes velvet feel like sandpaper.”
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 09:53 AM   #6
plien69
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

No spare, due to the fact that the 1 series has run flat tires.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 10:01 AM   #7
Crowley
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by plien69 View Post
No spare, due to the fact that the 1 series has run flat tires.

Ahh .. I read that wrong .. was thinking the 17s were NOT runflats ..

thanks for the correction,
Crowley

The last words on the powerplant should go to a clearly overwhelmed Hormazd Sorabjee, editor and publisher of Autocar India: “There is something simply magical about BMW’s in-line six. It has a creamy smoothness that makes velvet feel like sandpaper.”
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 01:37 PM   #8
Graemeb
Rep
Drives:

Sorry for any confusion- the issue that I had was that it's pretty easy to get run flat WINTER tyres for the 17" wheels, but seemingly impossible to get tyres that are both winter AND run flat for the 18" wheels. (Although you can get tyres that are either winter OR run-flat).
Appreciate 0