BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-04-2015, 09:54 PM   #1
lainmike0710
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '10 e82 128i

Yellow Brake and DSC Light

I am currently having an issue with my yellow "BRAKE" and yellow DSC (round arrow around an exclamation point in triangle) light coming on at completely random times at the exact same time for no reason whatsoever. It doesn't matter how long I have been driving, sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes 2 hours, the damn things will pop on and the second they do, if I stop and turn the engine off and start it back up and drive like 5 feet they go back off again only to come back at random again when they feel like it. The manual has no explanation of just these two lights together so I was wondering....ANY IDEAS???
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 12:09 AM   #2
Huecifer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 128i

i don't remember if this was the exact combination of lights, but I was getting a weird problem like this one time when i knocked my car out of alignment. When's the last time you had yours properly aligned (i.e. by the dealership or someone using the dealership method)? I distinctly remember that because the alignment was so off, when the lights came on the hill holder and something else stupid stopped working (maybe traction control).

Got it aligned and the lights went away. Just be vigilant about the dealerships around here. P&W SUCKS. HARD. They wanted to replace all these modules (for more than $1k) and i had to tell them to do the alignment first TWICE and see what happened before they ordered any parts. I brought the car in telling them i know i knocked the car out of alignment (hung it up on an old sewer grate on a corner in shadyside), and they still wanted to replace all these failing parts before trying the alignment first. FOOLS.

Also welcome to Pittsburgh, where you need an alignment at least twice a year.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 02:29 AM   #3
lainmike0710
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '10 e82 128i

Haha about PW but what's funny is I was thinking that except I've had it aligned twice by Sewickley who I actually do recommend each time was after new tires but in October, some butthead ran a red light at the corner of Smallman and 11th and I nailed them airbags and all. Lights have been coming on since repairs BUT there was no damage to anything wheel/steering/axle related just front left (headlight, fender, hood) so I'm really at a loss. Shouldn't need an alignment but I'm gonna have Sewickley read the lights and see what's up.