BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
ldogaigga
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Gladen Audio One 200 and HDME Review

First off I started looking online for the best sound system for my 2008 BMW 135i. I've had many sound systems in the past and was always dissapointed. It would usually be a bad to substandard install, bad equipment, overpriced, or a combination of all the above.

This all changed when I contacted Jacob at [HDME]. I found him on a link here: http://www.highdesertme.com/?p=704
After contacting Jacob through a series of emails, he recommended the Gladen Speaker package made specifically for BMW and a Mosconi One 4 Channel amplifier. After he sent me the quote, he even suggested that I drive from TX to NM. I thought he was joking at first but he assured me that he had customers travel from all different states and even one from Mexico!

So we set a time to do the install and he explained how it would work and was very knowledgeable and explain how all the parts would fit together. I did not even want to take a chance with a local installer as I have been burned many times prior.

So it was about a 10 hour trip to Albuquerque but when I got there Jacob was very friendly and he started to get to work. He also had a part time helper Tyson and let me tell you this guy was amazing at installing the amp and routing all of the necessary wires cleanly, the best I've ever seen.

Jacob went in and installed the speakers and even fixed the constant power issue I had with my headunit, and added a steering wheel interface to my Pioneer radio. When all was said and done, he powered on the system and man what a difference. The speakers came to life and had an unbelievable clarity, no distortion what so ever. Then Jacob went to tuning the system and the drive home was the best longest drive I've ever taken. The highs were crystal clear, the mids were pronounced, and the sub had the right amount of kick in perfect balance with the mid. I didn't think it would be this good, but I expected no less. I am totally satisfied and would wholeheartedly recommend Jacob and his crew to anybody looking for an awesome system at a fair price, namely any BMW owners that have the weak standard or HiFi system.

Pics below:

JL 500/1 install:

Mosconi 120.4 Amp:

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #2
Cobb2819
Some Random Audio Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1981 R80GS/PD

Wayne, glad you're enjoying everything! I got a lot out of the trip also, mainly a new Brazilian street food place...been at least once a week!! Haha. Keep me posted on how things go as the Gladen Audio Kit breaks in.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #3
ldogaigga
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Still sounds good so far, no big differences I can tell yet.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 11:21 PM   #4
Maconer98
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 135i AW/CORAL RED MT

Thanks for the speakers Wayne.

I bought the speaker kit off of Wayne and will be installing them this weekend. The kit will be powered with an Infinity Kappa Four amp. I'll keep this thread posted with my review.
Cold Weather Pkg / Sport Pkg / Active Steering / Comfort Access / Prem Hi-Fi / Bluetooth / Rear PDC / BMW Perf 313s wrapped with Michelin PSSs / Dunlop Winter Sport 3D (winter) on 17'' Motegis / Blacked Out 135i badge / BMW Performance Grills / BMW Performance Power Kit Stage 1 / BMW Performance Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 10:47 PM   #5
nato-main-man-5am
special
Rep
Drives: 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldogaigga View Post
First off I started looking online for the best sound system for my 2008 BMW 135i. I've had many sound systems in the past and was always dissapointed. It would usually be a bad to substandard install, bad equipment, overpriced, or a combination of all the above.

This all changed when I contacted Jacob at [HDME]. I found him on a link here: http://www.highdesertme.com/?p=704
After contacting Jacob through a series of emails, he recommended the Gladen Speaker package made specifically for BMW and a Mosconi One 4 Channel amplifier. After he sent me the quote, he even suggested that I drive from TX to NM. I thought he was joking at first but he assured me that he had customers travel from all different states and even one from Mexico!

So we set a time to do the install and he explained how it would work and was very knowledgeable and explain how all the parts would fit together. I did not even want to take a chance with a local installer as I have been burned many times prior.

So it was about a 10 hour trip to Albuquerque but when I got there Jacob was very friendly and he started to get to work. He also had a part time helper Tyson and let me tell you this guy was amazing at installing the amp and routing all of the necessary wires cleanly, the best I've ever seen.

Jacob went in and installed the speakers and even fixed the constant power issue I had with my headunit, and added a steering wheel interface to my Pioneer radio. When all was said and done, he powered on the system and man what a difference. The speakers came to life and had an unbelievable clarity, no distortion what so ever. Then Jacob went to tuning the system and the drive home was the best longest drive I've ever taken. The highs were crystal clear, the mids were pronounced, and the sub had the right amount of kick in perfect balance with the mid. I didn't think it would be this good, but I expected no less. I am totally satisfied and would wholeheartedly recommend Jacob and his crew to anybody looking for an awesome system at a fair price, namely any BMW owners that have the weak standard or HiFi system.

Pics below:

JL 500/1 install:

Mosconi 120.4 Amp:

Just ran across this thread. Looks like an interesting install!

I'm using the Gladen underseat woofers, but a different mid/tweet model.

Does the Mosconi amp use a channel for each underseat woofer and then a channel for the doors, split using some passive crossover in the door?

Are you still using the OEM amp for the rear deck, or have you disabled those?

What's the giant single channel amp powering?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 09:05 PM   #6
SolidSneak
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 128i Msport

I know this is a year old but I am looking at buying the same setup except ill be getting the DSP 120.4. My question is are you still happy with this setup?
Appreciate 0