BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-22-2010, 08:34 AM   #1
UsualSuspect
Lieutenant General ***
United_States
Rep
Drives: this way and that way...

NEED HELP with BMW warranty...

What's up everyone? I just bought my 135 last week and it was delivered to me via auto transport yesterday at 6am from Hillsboro, OR and they picked it up Thursday afternoon...incredible service!

Anyways...

I was told by that I needed a new HPFP and my car has 4400miles So I brought it to Herb Chambers BMW and they said they're not honoring the warranty because the exhaust has been modified, intake pipes and diverter valves also. But there are only stock parts on the car besides BMW performance parts.

Where should I go and I'm waiting to hear back from the gentleman I bought the car from on what exactly is on the car, because he told me there wasn't any mods like that just a BMW high flow air filter. DAMN!

Last edited by UsualSuspect; 06-22-2010 at 09:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2010, 09:00 AM   #2
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsualSuspect View Post
What's up everyone? I just bought my 135 last week and it was delivered to me via auto transport yesterday at 6am from Hillsboro, OR and they picked it up Thursday afternoon...incredible service!

Anyways...

I was told by that I needed a new HPFP and my car has 4400miles So I brought it to Herb Chambers BMW and they said they're not honoring the warranty because the exhaust has been modified, intake pipes and diverter valves also. But there are only stock parts on the cars besides BMW performance parts.
Where should I go and I'm waiting to hear back from the gentleman I bought the car from on what exactly is on the car, because he told me there wasn't any mods like that just a BMW high flow air filter. DAMN!
Sorry to hear about that....good luck with the warranty, my suggestion is to return to stock (if you can at all), and try another dealership.... lesson learned on your end, make sure you're aware of what you're buying...

Not sure what the laws are in your state, but you might be able to do something about essentially 'un-doing' your deal as the warranty was non-existant.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2010, 10:14 AM   #3
UsualSuspect
Lieutenant General ***
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
Sorry to hear about that....good luck with the warranty, my suggestion is to return to stock (if you can at all), and try another dealership.... lesson learned on your end, make sure you're aware of what you're buying...

Not sure what the laws are in your state, but you might be able to do something about essentially 'un-doing' your deal as the warranty was non-existant.
Thanks. I just spoke to another dealership and they told me to bring it on over.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2010, 10:19 AM   #4
ML
Change for a Nickle?
Rep
Drives: 2006 M3, Mazda truck

I've never dealt with them but your experience seems to be consistent with that of others at that particular dealer.
      06-22-2010, 12:36 PM   #5
m_thompson
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M-Sport 128i, 328xi, 3.0CS

Garage List
2009 128i  [0.00]
1972 3.0CS  [10.00]
This subject has been discussed on many forums many times. The consensus is usually that they cannot refuse to honor the warranty for parts that are not affected by the modificaitons. In your case they might say that you modified the fuel injection, and that the HPFP is part of the injection, so no warranty on that. If your radio died they can't refuse to fix that.
      06-22-2010, 01:01 PM   #6
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

VERY typical for Herb Chambers to deny service, btw.. I've heard dozens of stories of denied service regarding them. They are the worst dealer (by far) in the area for that.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2010, 02:17 PM   #7
RoninWheels
Mr. Brand Loyalist
Rep
Drives: 1M,M2cs

The dealer cannot refuse warranty. the dealer would have to inform the manufacturer.. to which they would 'flag' your vehicle as modified....

good luck with the next dealer.
      06-22-2010, 02:34 PM   #8
guydude
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 ordered

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
that is BULLSHITTTT!!! They have to legally PROVE YYYYY ur mod's affected the fuel pump....plus they are just being assholes.....PLUS u have a 10YEAR warrenty on that fukcng shitty asss HPFP.......GL dude....try another dealership or contact bmwna! 1-800-831-1117....they have gotten a crap load of phone calls from me....seems to help
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2010, 06:00 PM   #9
UsualSuspect
Lieutenant General ***
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by guydude View Post
that is BULLSHITTTT!!! They have to legally PROVE YYYYY ur mod's affected the fuel pump....plus they are just being assholes.....PLUS u have a 10YEAR warrenty on that fukcng shitty asss HPFP.......GL dude....try another dealership or contact bmwna! 1-800-831-1117....they have gotten a crap load of phone calls from me....seems to help
Thanks guys! I brought it to Norwood BMW at 5pm and they're taking care of it.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2010, 08:51 PM   #10
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks guys! I brought it to Norwood BMW at 5pm and they're taking care of it.
Common for Chambers to deny, but Gallery to be helpful. I always steer folk away from them. They're fantastic to you... until you've signed on the line. After that, fuggetaboutit.

Congrats on the new car. Hope to see you out at Ft Devens with many of the area 1addicts. Swing by Sunday, if you have time, to check it out. Should be 8 or 9 of us there.

By any chance have I met you before.. at some Fanatics meet in the past? Your screen name looks really familiar.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2010, 09:18 PM   #11
UsualSuspect
Lieutenant General ***
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Common for Chambers to deny, but Gallery to be helpful. I always steer folk away from them. They're fantastic to you... until you've signed on the line. After that, fuggetaboutit.

Congrats on the new car. Hope to see you out at Ft Devens with many of the area 1addicts. Swing by Sunday, if you have time, to check it out. Should be 8 or 9 of us there.

By any chance have I met you before.. at some Fanatics meet in the past? Your screen name looks really familiar.
I just might...but I play football on Sundays. I used to go there with my STi until I went to Loudon, NH for track days.

Here's my old STi in case you recognize it. I sold it 3 weeks ago.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2010, 09:34 PM   #12
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Quote:
VERY typical for Herb Chambers to deny service, btw.. I've heard dozens of stories of denied service regarding them. They are the worst dealer (by far) in the area for that.
Is this the one in Sudbury? Interesting, I had a good experience with them a couple of weeks ago, but then again it was only for my required maintainence. Interestingly enough, my car still hadn't told me to bring it in for service, but after 16 months and 14k miles I figured it was time!

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2010, 02:42 AM   #13
UsualSuspect
Lieutenant General ***
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackjackMulligan View Post
Is this the one in Sudbury? Interesting, I had a good experience with them a couple of weeks ago, but then again it was only for my required maintainence. Interestingly enough, my car still hadn't told me to bring it in for service, but after 16 months and 14k miles I figured it was time!
Nope Herb Chambers on Comm Ave.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2010, 07:58 AM   #14
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nope Herb Chambers on Comm Ave.
This was the Chambers I was talking about too.

BMW of Sudbury is brand new (though used to be Foreign Motors West, in it's old location), and operated differently, at least for the time being.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2010, 09:04 PM   #15
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Quote:
This was the Chambers I was talking about too.

BMW of Sudbury is brand new (though used to be Foreign Motors West, in it's old location), and operated differently, at least for the time being.
Yeah, it seemed like they were going above and beyond since they are new. They didn't even give me a hard time about a loaner, even though I leased it at Tulley. What a convenience to take it to Herb though as I work literally 5 minutes from there.....Tulley is an hour from my work, although I've always had great service there as well.

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 05:29 PM   #16
samy813
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Jerez BMW E90

Congrats on your 1er skipper...
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 08:47 PM   #17
UsualSuspect