BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-19-2017, 07:42 PM   #1
Mr Gasser
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i 09 M-Sport Black on Black

Removed center console and now some things are not working

I took out the center console to install a sunglasses tray and to reroute the 12v lighter socket. And its still out of the car for overnight.

Question is now my satellite icon is gone and my a/c blower does not work could be other things not working but those are the two biggest right off the bat.

Should I be worried? Of is it because the console is out and some of the connectors are not plugged in?

Did not see anything that could cause this though, just the ipod connector/aux socket, input port assembly and the two connectors to the snifter.

Is it some BMW thing that if anything is amiss something else would go wrong like unplugging a Christmas light, they all go out?

Thoughts?

Hope I making this clear.

I checked the radio connection, the green fiber wire looks good, not unplugged. The satellite radio looks good, did a battery neg battery reset, same problem.

So when I re install the console everything should be back to normal?
Am I just a big worry wart?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 07:46 PM   #2
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Not sure. But I had a situation where my HVAC controls went dead after I was messing around with the center dash when I was installing the Bimmertech rear view camera retrofit. I freaked as I thought I toasted that module. But after calming down, I checked the fuse box and found the fuse blown for that circuit. Replaced it and all has been good since. Not sure what happened that caused a short.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2017, 06:48 PM   #3
Mr Gasser
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i 09 M-Sport Black on Black

OK Update, when I placed the left front panel back on, there was a connector, that had the fiber optic wire. THAT WAS IT.

Its all working now, so now you know....
Appreciate 0