BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-10-2010, 12:00 PM   #23
Smallbodybimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyek View Post
nah not a tps issue, I can push in the clutch and rev the thing into oblivion... its just not gettign enough fuel or enough air... and it if wasnt getting enough fuel, that would absolutely cause it to get less air. (ecu would hold back boost)

After they assured me it wasnt a faulty fp, I jumped to the conclusion that it was stuck wastegates (bleeding off too much exhaust gasses and likewise buildign 0 boost). I had this happen in my old subaru, blew out pre-turbo exhaust gasses under heavy boost, and then the thing was a SERIOUS dog until I fixed it.

According to them they said it DID end up being a pump... I'd expect to see symptoms within the next couple days if it was infact NOT the pump. (the problem occured VERY frequently.
Maybe we are not having the same problem then. Because when the issues I described occured, I specifically put the car in neutral, pushed in the clutch, and revved it to the floor as if I was sitting at a light goading some kid in a fart pipe civic, and the car responded with the same symptoms, as if i was ever so gradually stepping on the throttle. The movement of the tach did not match my inputs at all.

But maybe they are right and it is the pump. The 933 pump is the latest available I presume? Let us know if your symptoms return or not.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 09:09 PM   #24
cpt97m3
AutoXer
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyek View Post
no man I am telling you I had to downshift down to 3rd and go 45mph up a hill (at like 5000 rpms.)

in first take off with pedal fully floored (no check engine light at the time) it literally takes about 15 seconds before its ready to shift to second
I've had the same problem with mine several times since they updated to the new SW a few weeks ago. It will go away if I turn the car off and back on again. So I've been doing that at stoplight. I'll have to take mine back in.
      06-14-2010, 09:10 PM   #25
cpt97m3
AutoXer
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallbodybimmer View Post
I have been having same exact issue. I'm 6MT. Every once and a while, never immediatly at startup but only after cruising for a while, out of the blue the engine would have totally reduced power and no response. Im talking 1st and 2nd gear, full throttle (WOT) tach climbs through the RPM as if the throttle was open only 1/8 throttle! Takes like 10-15 seconds to get through 1st or second gear!

Now I would say maybe somehow boost is not being made or somehow being limited, but even if the car was naturally aspirated, why would it take so long for RPMs to climb through a gear? Feels like it only has 80HP or something like that, which I guess it should if your only 1/8 throttle and 2500 RPM.

It seems to do this very consistently once it starts. Even after coming to a halt and waiting at a light, or revving in neutral, same symptoms. The only way I can get it to act normal is to completely shut off the engine and start it again. It has only happened to me like 3 times so far.

I currently have no tune on the car. It has only happened since my last software update. I had the HPFP issues of long starts (still first fuel pump at 37K mi). Took to dealer, They installed latest software and this fixed the long start issues, albeit now immediately after startup I get a rough idle for like 5-10 secs. They did not change the HPFP. Then these no power syptoms started.

I am in the same boat as you and I am not quite sure what course to take. I have never seen a CEL or dash light of any kind when the symptoms are being displayed and I'm almost 100% sure I won't be able to replay these symptoms for the dealer because they are seemingly random.
Yep, that's my issue exactly. Let me know if you find a solution.
      06-15-2010, 07:39 AM   #26
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M240i LCI

sounds like she's dropped her lipstick in the footwell and when it rolls forward it restricts the gas pedal from giving full throttle. Shouldn't let women drive a 135i.........it's NOT a girls car