BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-31-2009, 10:10 AM   #23
CPSOX
Rep
Drives: 135i Le Mans Blue M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterra View Post
I don't see how learning how to drive MT would make her less safe (I actually think the opposite) but its all good man I was just kiddin. Safety is good- if more people took the art of driving more seriously we'd all be safer (not a knock to your AT at all)
If she were beginning to drive, I'd totally agree....but fact is, at 30 yrs w/ work, family and everything else, learning to drive MT is at the bottom of the totem pole in the order of priorities. The long term "benefits" isn't worth the short term learning curve....especially when the only reason is so I can have a MT in my car.

That all gets thrown out the window when I can see an M in my future
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2009, 10:35 AM   #24
Monterra
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 X1 msport sdrive28

Right on- enjoy the whip nice work on the config.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2009, 10:42 AM   #25
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPSOX View Post
Picked it up 2 weeks ago....love it so far.

Lemans Blue
Black Boston Leather
Glacier Silver Aluminum Trim
M Sport Package
Auto w/ paddles
Heated Seats
Navigation
Smartphone Integration
HD Radio
iPod
Premium Hi-Fi
BMW Assist w/ Bluetooth
Hi neighbor. I picked up my 135i from Levin on 7/3. I knew about your 135i when I was there. You bought yours from a different CA though.

NICE color. I was torn between the pure red and space gray with red leather. I decided on the space gray because I really wanted the red leather and I didn't like it in a red car.
I did consider the blue too, but I had a metallic blue before in an Eclipse I owned for 10yrs.

Maybe I'll see you around. I'm in the space gray 135i.
On my way to work I was shocked as I pulled onto US30 heading west from Winfield. There was a dark gray 135i right in front of me. For a second it didn't register what it was. I thought, is that a 5 series, cause all I could see was the rear, until I realized it was a 135i. I laughed at myself for not recognizing my own car.
But, I think the 135i I saw was a tad darker than mine, so it could have been the sparkling graphite metallic of '08.

C-ya around.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2009, 11:15 AM   #26
CPSOX
Rep
Drives: 135i Le Mans Blue M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
Hi neighbor. I picked up my 135i from Levin on 7/3. I knew about your 135i when I was there. You bought yours from a different CA though.

NICE color. I was torn between the pure red and space gray with red leather. I decided on the space gray because I really wanted the red leather and I didn't like it in a red car.
I did consider the blue too, but I had a metallic blue before in an Eclipse I owned for 10yrs.

Maybe I'll see you around. I'm in the space gray 135i.
On my way to work I was shocked as I pulled onto US30 heading west from Winfield. There was a dark gray 135i right in front of me. For a second it didn't register what it was. I thought, is that a 5 series, cause all I could see was the rear, until I realized it was a 135i. I laughed at myself for not recognizing my own car.
But, I think the 135i I saw was a tad darker than mine, so it could have been the sparkling graphite metallic of '08.

C-ya around.
I've always had great experiences at Levin, especially w/ Bruce. They get down to business on the first go-round. I'm not interested in the back-and-forth "CA/Manager/That's just how it is" routine....took 1 email and a phone call to confirm and the deal was done.

I've seen maybe 3 1's on the round besides mine. One was in the O'Hare parking garage....so it's not surprising you didn't even recognize it!

How did you know about mine? They did say that all the mechanics were complimenting it, though I'm sure they say that about every 528i that buzzes through too....I'm a sucker for a little praise.

Either way, hope to see you around
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2009, 11:28 AM   #27
amiller212
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Le Mans Blue 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPSOX View Post
Yes, I ordered leather and assist a la carte. Just didn't think the extra ~$1k was worth moving the seat 1 cm per hour. I've found that the manual seats are just as, or even more adjustable than the auto's. My wife's 335i has the Premium package, I don't miss the other little goodies....yet.

Manual guys - My wife needs to be able to drive my car safely and soundly. Yes, I could teach her to drive MT, but that would not make her life any safer. My family comes before my ego or reputation on an internet forum

Now, when I hit the stage of life where I can afford 3 cars.....
I feel the same way about the seats. My car is going to have the manual version as well! I tested both on my test drives and I just loved how low the manual seats got. They were a perfect adjustment range for me.

I actually didn't get the leather. I really dig the coral red leather but I just didn't have the guts to get it with Le Mans. Leatherette for me! We'll see if how much I end up regretting that. In hindsight, my interior is looking very very black. I'm digging your aluminum trim a lot.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2009, 11:40 AM   #28
Juke
Registered
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW 328iA xDrive M Performance

Very nice
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2009, 01:13 PM   #29
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

07-31-2009, 01:14 PM   #30
allies_jh
Dr. J
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
2012 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2the3 View Post
Very nice, I'm surprised you got Bridgestones, most M-sport package cars have Dunlops.
I have Bridgestones too.