BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-11-2009, 02:44 PM   #1
bimmerfan3
Rep
Drives: looking for...

Welcome lamps on 135i

Hey guys on my 135i I have the headlights position on "auto" all the way counterclockwise but sometimes even at night when I unlock my doors the welcome lights don't come on.

I'll get just the puddle lights and interior lights but the odometer lights don't turn orange nor do the angels, tail lights, and license plate lights turn on. I have the welcome lamps turn on in idrive too by the way.

I don't believe the light sensor has anything do with this or am I incorrect? I thought as long as I have the welcome lamps enabled in idrive and have the headlights position set to auto everything should turn on no matter what.

I have a 135i with comfort access and premium package along with the idrive. anyone else have this issue that sometimes even at night all the lights don't turn on when you press unlock?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 03:23 PM   #2
135iUSN
19 X5 1998 M Roadster
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i Alpine White / Terra

Garage List
1998 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
not sure, have some of the same opts as you, and no issues here. check in idrive setting for welcome lamps or something like that.
      07-11-2009, 09:48 PM   #3
bimmerfan3
Rep

Well I think I figured something out and it's probably the same on every 135i

So the times that the welcome lighting doesn't work is only after I tried to unlock the doors without actually getting into the car and starting it and then getting back out and trying to unlock the doors again.

I know my explanation might be kind of vague so I'll give you an example.

I get to my car and press unlock. All the welcome lights come on and it works fine. I lock my doors from outside the car and all the lights turn on. I try to unlock the doors again and the welcome lights turn on again no problem. I again press lock and lights turn off.

Now I can do this process like 4-5 times maybe and eventually when I press unlock only the puddle lights come on with the interior lights. No angels eyes or taillights. When this happens I go into my car press start once just to have the radio on turn it off and go back out of my car. Press lock. As soon as I press unlock welcome lighting works again.

So long story short each time my welcome lighting didn't work I got into the car pressed start to turn on radio and stuff. Go back out and lock it and then when I try to unlock the car welcome lighting works fine.

I just don't understand why the welcome lighting doesn't work 100% of the time no matter how many unlock/lock cycles I do without getting into the car, starting it, and then getting back out and locking the doors for welcome lighting to reactivate.

I would appreciate it if other people could try this on their cars and see if they get the same results.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2009, 10:46 PM   #4
CT135
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2009 135i Coupe  [0.00]
just get in and drive it!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2009, 11:54 PM   #5
bimmerfan3
Rep

haha yeah I don't mean to be picky but I just wanted to make sure my welcome lamps were working correctly and that nothing was wrong.

for most people I don't think anyone will experience what I did since why you ever need to unlock/lock repeatedly more then a few times without actually getting inside the car and eventually starting it and getting out.

I just wanted to see if anyone else does experience with their 1 series. if you unlock/lock over a few times eventually the welcome lamps don't turn on until you get into the car start it and get out and then it works
Appreciate 0