BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-31-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
utfenix335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i; 2015 X5 50i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Bimmerfest East 2012 Caravan

Posted this info on e90post, thought i'd share it with you all here too.

Hey all, so this is the official caravan details for the one I'm setting up.

The road captains will be limiting our cruising speed to 75-80 mph in order to keep the pack together all the way up to Aberdeen . Bear in mind we will be taking video and pictures while cruising up to our meeting points, so safety in a prime concern. So long you stay behind the road captains, you can move from lane to lane as you please. To stay in touch, please make sure you have a two way radio charged and ready to go. We want to create a video that looks like this:

The plan is to start from College Park's Ikea at 9 am sharp and cruise up to White Marsh Ikea. A camera car(s) will be sent up to the Maryland Rest area on I-95 between DC and Baltimore where it will wait for the caravan to show up. The road captains will lead us through the Baltimore Harbor Tunnels so we have all tunnels filled with BMWs. Although some off us don't have Easy Tags, this will be the point where some of us will get separated. Take your time and rendezvous in White Marsh Ikea. Once we arrive there, we will wait for everyone to assemble. Once gathered, we will depart again. Estimated time of arrival at Cal Ripken Stadium is about 10:30-10:45.
Appreciate 0