BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-03-2018, 09:14 AM   #221
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaberry View Post
Sorry, i know in OP it said there will be 135is 6spd manual, but did those ever come to the US and did anyone buy them? Also was 135is 6sp manual convertible ever offered for sale in the US? I didn't see that being answered in OP and I thought it was a relevant question in the 135is thread. Apologies if I asked the wrong thing in the wrong thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
Wrong thread...
But your question is answered on the first post of this thread (OP).
This car is a US market exclusivity. So, in short, yes it went to the US.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 09:50 AM   #222
teaberry
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i M Sport Convert 6spd

Now I know , and is there somewhere that I can see how many say 2012 or 2013 135i (or 135is) were shipped/sold in US with manual vs DCT? I had a heII of a hard time finding late model 135i cars on the used market in the last few months, especially convertible. I have yet to see a 2013 convertible with 6spd manual listed anywhere let alone a 135is convertible manual
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 10:01 AM   #223
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Now I know , and is there somewhere that I can see how many say 2012 or 2013 135i (or 135is) were shipped/sold in US with manual vs DCT? I had a heII of a hard time finding late model 135i cars on the used market in the last few months, especially convertible. I have yet to see a 2013 convertible with 6spd manual listed anywhere let alone a 135is convertible manual
Quote:
They're super rare cars in any form.

I have never seen a 135is, coupe or convertible. Let alone a manual lol

Have never seen the Canadian equivalent to it, although MightyMouse has one (he lives far from me).

Super rare cars, in the 1M realm of rarity.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 10:29 AM   #224
teaberry
Rep

I had the pleasure of test driving a white 135is convertible with DCT locally before I confirmed I wanted a 135i convertible to replace my 987 Boxster. Sadly it was overpriced for a used vehicle at a shady used car dealer and the vehicle was poorly maintained (lots of warning lights, throttle/turbo had some strange hesitations during acceleration). I also saw maybe 2 other 135is convertibles during my search in the last few months daily online, but no manual. I did love the IS steering wheel (not sure if it's standard) but it's shaped differently from the 135i I bought coming my way. I'd like to look into retrofitting that style wheel on my 135i.
Quote:
They're super rare cars in any form.

I have never seen a 135is, coupe or convertible. Let alone a manual lol

Have never seen the Canadian equivalent to it, although MightyMouse has one (he lives far from me).

Super rare cars, in the 1M realm of rarity.
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      10-03-2018, 10:59 AM   #225
TridenTBoy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135is

Garage List
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Quote:
I had the pleasure of test driving a white 135is convertible with DCT locally before I confirmed I wanted a 135i convertible to replace my 987 Boxster. Sadly it was overpriced for a used vehicle at a shady used car dealer and the vehicle was poorly maintained (lots of warning lights, throttle/turbo had some strange hesitations during acceleration). I also saw maybe 2 other 135is convertibles during my search in the last few months daily online, but no manual. I did love the IS steering wheel (not sure if it's standard) but it's shaped differently from the 135i I bought coming my way. I'd like to look into retrofitting that style wheel on my 135i.
I'd just get the performance steering wheel at that point. It's expensive and hard to find but it lights up, has a display, and yadda yadda. Looks cool. I wanted one. (Even though I have a DCT and it auto-upshifts on me - so what's the point of shift lights...)
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 12:08 PM   #226
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Here is a list of 135is convertibles and Canadian M Sport Edition convertibles. It doesn't say if they're manual or DCT, but you can probably check any of the VINs on the list in a VIN decoder to see what transmission it has.

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show...&postcount=329

I know of a member here who has a 135is convertible with a manual transmission, so they definitely exist.

Quote:
The standard steering wheel on the 135is is the M steering wheel which is the same as the steering wheel on a 135i with the M Sport package. The steering wheel on the 135is you saw that was shaped differently was probably an aftermarket steering wheel.

here is a link to some steering wheels. Some specifically for the 1 series.

https://www.getbmwparts.com/c-steering-wheels-12

Here are a couple of pics. The first one is the M steering wheel for the 1 series. This is the wheel that comes on the Sport or M Sport package. The second one is the BMW Performance steering wheel, possibly the one you saw on the 135is convertible.
Attached Images

10-03-2018, 02:18 PM   #227
swunder
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135is, x3 m40i, V70R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Here is a list of 135is convertibles and Canadian M Sport Edition convertibles. It doesn't say if they're manual or DCT, but you can probably check any of the VINs on the list in a VIN decoder to see what transmission it has.

I know of a member here who has a 135is convertible with a manual transmission, so they definitely exist.

The standard steering wheel on the 135is is the M steering wheel which is the same as the steering wheel on a 135i with the M Sport package. The steering wheel on the 135is you saw that was shaped differently was probably an aftermarket steering wheel.

Here are a couple of pics. The first one is the M steering wheel for the 1 series. This is the wheel that comes on the Sport or M Sport package. The second one is the BMW Performance steering wheel, possibly the one you saw on the 135is convertible.
Not that I'll ever do this but would the Blue Stripe Performance wheel match the Blue stitching in the seats of the 135IS? That could be pretty dope.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 02:41 PM   #228
teaberry
Rep

Esteban thanks for the info. Because so many used DCT were listed as "manual" and without the right interior pic to see the shift knob, I had to sometimes run through a VIN decoder and even that doesn't seem to show the difference in 6spd manual vs DCT? It required me to look at every single 135i convertible posted for sale online and each picture to make sure.

You are right about the steering wheel. I just went out to look at that 135is for sale (still for sale) and compared it to the one I bought in California (right pic) and the steering wheel looks the same. For some reason, in person, I thought it was thicker and smaller...and that's coming from a mk7 GTI which already has a nice small steering wheel (w/ flat bottom).

*According to that list I test drove #88 on that list of 258. Kinda cool, too bad the car is kinda broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post

Attached Images

Last edited by teaberry; 10-03-2018 at 03:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 02:56 PM   #229
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
When searching for a 135is, you also need to search for 135i since I noticed many is are inaccurately listed and dealers don't really understand the difference. If you see the "is" wheels, normally once you see the trunk lid you realize they mislisted it.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 03:09 PM   #230
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Here's the list of 135is coupes and this list does show if the car has the DCT or if it's a 6-speed manual, unlike the vert list above which doesn't tell you what transmission the car has.

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show...;postcount=332