BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

04-03-2009, 03:20 PM   #111
tjockey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

You sure you're not referring to Obama's policies...

Here we go again......
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 03:27 PM   #112
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5/E92 335/HUMMER H2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLM View Post
You've had them 48 hours, more lies from Riss! The exhaust was mounted to your downpipes, the photos are there for all to see.
I got them yesterday in my office. In the morning. Quit saying we lie. You change your story 20 different times. Can you tell me you did not say at Cobb 100% they will not fit? Then they were installed at Stett....I was ON THE PHONE WITH YOU. When you were telling me the downpipes caused the oil too leak. I clearly stated oil doesn't pass through downpipes. You then had a reduce power ONE THE PHONE WITH ME STILL. That you realized your DDV kit "you" installed was not even attached. You have no clue what your doing when working on your car. Then you blame us when YOU make a mistake. You regurgitate information given too you by others, and pass it off like you know what your talking about.

Claims by you: "could the oil leak be caused by downpipes" (this is a no brainer. Anybody that would be on here blasting a company as if they knew what they were talking aboout would know that the downpipes are an extension of the exhaust that oil does not pass through)

"I'm getting a limp mode" - first blaming the catted dp, and then we sent you out an 02 SIM, then you blamed the 02 SIM on not work, then while on the phone with you I told you to go over your car and make sure everything was snug. You then realize the limp mode is caused by the DDV Kit "you" installed was clearly off the car. However that is our fault as well

Your name calling, and lack of class will not goat me. So do yourself a favor and stop for the sake of the forum. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 03:29 PM   #113
Add1ct
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i, 335i

I think we just went from sparklers to bottle rockets!
      04-03-2009, 03:46 PM   #114
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Crimson/Coral 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riss Racing View Post
I got them yesterday in my office. In the morning. Quit saying we lie. You change your story 20 different times. Can you tell me you did not say at Cobb 100% they will not fit? Then they were installed at Stett....I was ON THE PHONE WITH YOU. When you were telling me the downpipes caused the oil too leak. I clearly stated oil doesn't pass through downpipes. You then had a reduce power ONE THE PHONE WITH ME STILL. That you realized your DDV kit "you" installed was not even attached. You have no clue what your doing when working on your car. Then you blame us when YOU make a mistake. You regurgitate information given too you by others, and pass it off like you know what your talking about.
No, you got them Wednesday. I cannot specifically recall whether I said the exhaust wouldn't fit or the downpipes wouldn't fit 100%. But in the end Stett did install them and the O2 sensors were definitely too close, so although they could be put on, they probably shouldn't have been installed. Furthermore, the DDV problem did not arise until I was at the track on 3/21. I was not on the phone with you then. You called me after I posted my issue with the DDV at the track and offered to send me more parts, but I never confused any issue with the DDV and the downpipes. The car never went into limp mode with the downpipes prior to the track. So I don't know what exactly you are talking about. I did have the SES light which was on after the downpipes.
Quote:
Claims by you: "could the oil leak be caused by downpipes" (this is a no brainer. Anybody that would be on here blasting a company as if they knew what they were talking aboout would know that the downpipes are an extension of the exhaust that oil does not pass through)
The inlet to the rear turbo came off and caused the oil to appear. And I asked about what aspect of the downpipe installation could cause an oil leak, as I quoted above. I never claimed nor would I have expected an oil leak in the downpipes themselves as it is clear there is no where for oil to go there.

Quote:
"I'm getting a limp mode" - first blaming the catted dp, and then we sent you out an 02 SIM, then you blamed the 02 SIM on not work, then while on the phone with you I told you to go over your car and make sure everything was snug. You then realize the limp mode is caused by the DDV Kit "you" installed was clearly off the car. However that is our fault as well.

Your name calling, and lack of class will not goat me. So do yourself a favor and stop for the sake of the forum. Thank you

Maybe you should read all I posted. You will realize you are jumping to conclusions and are repeatedly making claims about what I said that you can't back up.

Yes, Stett and I mistakenly jumped to conclusions about what was causing the SES problem even after the O2 sim was installed. But after all the problems I had from you guys, which are all detailed in this thread, can anyone not see why it would be easy to assume the problem was with the parts? Clearly your poor design with the O2 sensors intersecting one another is not a good thing. And this was a first for Stett as he has installed your catted downpipes before. So either you changed the design for the worse, or there was a manufacturing problem. If the downpipes fitment had been the only problem, I would have been much more patient, but the delays in shipping, the wrong downpipes being shipped, the poor turnaround time getting the right ones, the lies about what day you would ship the right ones, the poor fitting exhaust, all these things add up.

I have stated quite clearly that my problems with the DDV could all have been caused by my initial installation. I do think there are areas of the design that could be reworked to eliminate the chances of people making those mistakes.

I've recently moved my photos to Google's web albums. Photos can be found here, here, and here.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 03:52 PM   #115
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No, you got them Wednesday. I cannot specifically recall whether I said the exhaust wouldn't fit or the downpipes wouldn't fit 100%. But in the end Stett did install them and the O2 sensors were definitely too close, so although they could be put on, they probably shouldn't have been installed. Furthermore, the DDV problem did not arise until I was at the track on 3/21. I was not on the phone with you then. You called me after I posted my issue with the DDV at the track and offered to send me more parts, but I never confused any issue with the DDV and the downpipes. The car never went into limp mode with the downpipes prior to the track. So I don't know what exactly you are talking about. I did have the SES light which was on after the downpipes.

The inlet to the rear turbo came off and caused the oil to appear. And I asked about what aspect of the downpipe installation could cause an oil leak, as I quoted above. I never claimed nor would I have expected an oil leak in the downpipes themselves as it is clear there is no where for oil to go there.

Maybe you should read all I posted. You will realize you are jumping to conclusions and are repeatedly making claims about what I said that you can't back up.

Yes, Stett and I mistakenly jumped to conclusions about what was causing the SES problem even after the O2 sim was installed. But after all the problems I had from you guys, which are all detailed in this thread, can anyone not see why it would be easy to assume the problem was with the parts? Clearly your poor design with the O2 sensors intersecting one another is not a good thing. And this was a first for Stett as he has installed your catted downpipes before. So either you changed the design for the worse, or there was a manufacturing problem. If the downpipes fitment had been the only problem, I would have been much more patient, but the delays in shipping, the wrong downpipes being shipped, the poor turnaround time getting the right ones, the lies about what day you would ship the right ones, the poor fitting exhaust, all these things add up.

I have stated quite clearly that my problems with the DDV could all have been caused by my initial installation. I do think there are areas of the design that could be reworked to eliminate the chances of people making those mistakes.
Quote:
Yes, Stett and I mistakenly jumped to conclusions about what was causing the SES problem even after the O2 sim was installed.

Quote:
I have stated quite clearly that my problems with the DDV could all have been caused by my initial installation. I do think there are areas of the design that could be reworked
So let me get this straight. You can't even install the kit correctly. However you want to tell us how to redesign the product?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 04:00 PM   #116
tjockey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I suggest pistols at twenty paces...
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 04:07 PM   #117
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep

Haha, good one Anthony. This is from the people that sold a plenum without ever test fitting it against the intake package they were selling at the time. Then they claim it fits with the reservoir mounted on the fender in the C-clamp bracket, but to date neither them nor any one of their customers has posted a picture of it mounted that way. Oh, and they thanked me for my input in designing a fix for it. Apparently I was good enough to help with that.

I'm going to do some experimenting with the DDV tonight and the clamps I had. I want to see exactly how tight that rear fitting gets. One problem I had was also with a bolt that stripped. That is not something that could have been helped, or easily remedied right away. But it probably added to my issues later on.

I've recently moved my photos to Google's web albums. Photos can be found here, here, and here.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 04:19 PM   #118
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Haha, good one Anthony. This is from the people that sold a plenum without ever test fitting it against the intake package they were selling at the time. Then they claim it fits with the reservoir mounted on the fender in the C-clamp bracket, but to date neither them nor any one of their customers has posted a picture of it mounted that way. Oh, and they thanked me for my input in designing a fix for it. Apparently I was good enough to help with that.

I'm going to do some experimenting with the DDV tonight and the clamps I had. I want to see exactly how tight that rear fitting gets. One problem I had was also with a bolt that stripped. That is not something that could have been helped, or easily remedied right away. But it probably added to my issues later on.
Are you kidding me? We built the plenum with the entire intake package installed on the car! However the C-Clamp that was so needed was sent to a total of 6 clients. Of several hundred intake packages sold. Glad we made 100 based on your feedback We will go ahead and redesign every product that has been working fine for two years on over a thousand cars. Based on your extensive experience in product design for the N54
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 04:22 PM   #119
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Here's how they say it works:

Here's another view where they claim that bracket will go:

All we need is a good picture with the reservoir in that position to show us how it goes. That's all. If it fits, I apologize. If it doesn't...

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 04:45 PM   #120
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Ok Keith,

Here we go lets redesign the products we will start with the plenum. I first need to ask my lead fabricator. To step aside for you.

Who is....

Certified Master Welder. 30 years expierence (working at major companies such as Boeing/Vulcan/ & Many high end auto manufacs)

Certified Under water welder. (From COOE)

Certified machinest.

If you would like I can go ahead and scan all these certs in as well. This is one of a few fab guys we have working on these products.

So lets get started with the Bridge Port 2 speed Mill.....Please give me your professional feedback so we can get this banged out for you.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #121
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep

Wow Anthony, it just gets worse and worse, doesn't it? All you have to do is post a single good picture that shows the reservoir installed according to your claims with the plenum in place also. That's it. One picture. I don't see what being a master welder has to do with squeezing these parts under the hood and taking a photo.

Until you or one of your customers is willing to provide a photo, what are we to believe? Why do you refuse to provide a photo? What possible reason could there be? How do you gain anything by refusing this simple request? If bandwidth is an issue send me the photo, I'll host it.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 04:55 PM   #122
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Now lets all compare the install difference between the KeithLM special and a pro install done with the exact same products on a customers car last night.

Like you said pics are a thousand words. Anything else? Would you like more pics? Give me a minute they are uploading.....
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 05:00 PM   #123
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep

And the reservoir is mounted where? In front of the filter. So is that with a bent C-clamp or the new updated C-clamp? Those pictures don't even show the bracket.

And in the past I've also asked for a picture without the filter on so I could see the relationship between the intake and the plenum. That's something else that hasn't happened, along with the new DIY that is now weeks overdue.

I hope to god for your customer's sake that you cleaned out the inside of that intake. Mine had loose bits hanging in it.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 05:09 PM   #124
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Now lets move along too the "poor quality exhaust. Lets start where the downpipes connect all the way back"

NOW THATS AN AMAZING WELD IF I DON'T SAY SO MYSELF

Now whats left keith? What else would you like to prove besides the fact you can't install products? Then blame a company that has it on hundreds of cars with the products installed?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 05:15 PM   #125
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep

First, where are all the dents? Second, those tips look different.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 05:15 PM   #126
mynew135
assistant to the regional manager
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 05:22 PM   #127
tjockey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Hey, the man said he was going to refund the money. Shut the fuck up and move on
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 05:22 PM   #128
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
First, where are all the dents? Second, those tips look different.

Keith,

With your extensive experience you should know what a heat cycle is. When you run a car the polish will bronze. Tips that are gloss tips that are painted will matte. Did I state that was your exhaust? Does it look fimilar too you or something
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 05:27 PM   #129
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riss Racing View Post
Keith,

With your extensive experience you should know what a heat cycle is. When you run a car the polish will bronze. Tips that are gloss tips that are painted will matte. Did I state that was your exhaust? Does it look fimilar too you or something
I thought it was implied that it was mine, but it's clearly not. Unless the heat cycle caused the coating to fall off the welds.

Interesting point you bring up though. I wasn't aware the semi-gloss black coating would become a matte black, which I definitely did not want. When we initially talked about the coating I turned it down because I didn't want the matte look. When I received the exhaust with the black tips I thought you had come up with a different method for the coating, one that would not look matte, so I was pleased with your initiative. I would not have been happy had I kept your exhaust and the tips turned matte on me when that was specifically what I did not want.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 05:29 PM   #130
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjockey View Post
Hey, the man said he was going to refund the money. Shut the fuck up and move on
In case you didn't notice Anthony keeps posting and mocking me. Nor have I received the refund yet, but I'll post when that comes.

Notice how Anthony dodged the issue of the reservoir bracket? He thought he had me with his "professional install" photos. But of course, he only showed what I've been saying, it can't fit where they told us to put it. Even his so-called professionals don't bother trying that.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 05:31 PM   #131
tjockey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

This whole thing is beginning to smell of some ulterior motive, such as a smear campaign...Sounds like there are some other issues involved than just a vendor complaint.

Sounds like somebody has an agenda....
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 05:31 PM   #132
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I thought it was implied that it was mine, but it's clearly not. Unless the heat cycle caused the coating to fall off the welds.

Interesting point you bring up though. I wasn't aware the semi-gloss black coating would become a matte black, which I definitely did not want. When we initially talked about the coating I turned it down because I didn't want the matte look. When I received the exhaust with the black tips I thought you had come up with a different method for the coating, one that would not look matte, so I was pleased with your initiative. I would not have been happy had I kept your exhaust and the tips turned matte on me when that was specifically what I did not want.

Sigh Keith the exhaust you sent back tips were damaged. We just threw a quick new coat when repairing. I still haven't said that was your exhaust. Does it look fimilar I will warn you I have plenty of pics/video as this conversation progresses. Please contiune.....If you think I was going to sit back and let you bad mouth my company we have poured our hearts/soul into building your are mistaken. Unlike you I do not pop off at the mouth not knowing what I'm talking about. I will continue to back up everything stated too you on the phone. Here lets do this. ANY FORUM MEMBER (mind you the customer here last night was a forum member) ( who I have told not to say anything yet) that would like to come down and get Keiths products installed. Please contact me. Keith lets get a pool of them together and you can pick your favorite.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread