BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

04-03-2009, 05:38 PM   #133
bimmerboy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

im sorry but as a vendor you are acting VERY unprofessional. Why not settle this thru PM's? No need for going back and forth on a public forum....
      04-03-2009, 05:43 PM   #134
tjockey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Well if you were so viciously attacked, you'd want to defend yourself too I'm sure.....but I'd have to agree it would better serve both parties to have a private discourse....if Keith can let it go.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 05:49 PM   #135
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Crimson/Coral 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riss Racing View Post
Sigh Keith the exhaust you sent back tips were damaged. We just threw a quick new coat when repairing. I still haven't said that was your exhaust. Does it look fimilar I will warn you I have plenty of pics/video as this conversation progresses. Please contiune.....If you think I was going to sit back and let you bad mouth my company we have poured our hearts/soul into building your are mistaken. Unlike you I do not pop off at the mouth not knowing what I'm talking about. I will continue to back up everything stated too you on the phone. Here lets do this. ANY FORUM MEMBER (mind you the customer here last night was a forum member) ( who I have told not to say anything yet) that would like to come down and get Keiths products installed. Please contact me. Keith lets get a pool of them together and you can pick your favorite.
Actually I have quite clearly shown that I did not say the downpipes were leaking oil and that I did not blame the DDV when I was on the phone with you. You are the one that doesn't know what he is talking about when you repeatedly bring that up.

I don't know what the point of the exhausts pictures is. If it's not mine it's pointless. And you have no way to prove that you are showing mine anyways. Plus if you recoated it that also means you could have reworked the sections that didn't fit right. You have since admitted to a manufacturing problem with the flanges. Many others have made comments about the number of adjustments needed after installation, even when installed by Daniel. It's clear there are issues. Also, the tips looked fine when I shipped them back, if there's a problem with them, take it up with FedEx. You told me when you received it that it was dinged up but that it was ok.

You could provide photos of other things, like the catted downpipes and their O2 sensors and the reservoir mounted like you say it can be. But you chose not to. Instead you go off on tangents and attack me personally. It's getting tiresome. I am one customer, who you might have noticed has gotten a lot of support in this thread, and you have chosen to make personal attacks against me and have thus kept this thread at the top. So good job on that.

I have from the beginning in this thread acknowledged my mistakes with the DDV. You seem unable to even conceive of the idea that you guys can make mistakes. If you will show a picture of the intake mounted with the unmodified C-clamp bracket I will publicly acknowledge my mistake. Unfortunately since the downpipes and exhaust have left my possession there is not much more to say about those. A picture of properly installed downpipes would be helpful. It won't prove anything about my situation, my pictures speak for themselves, but it might reassure other potential customers of yours that mine was an exception, and not the rule.

I've recently moved my photos to Google's web albums. Photos can be found here, here, and here.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 05:55 PM   #136
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjockey View Post
This whole thing is beginning to smell of some ulterior motive, such as a smear campaign...Sounds like there are some other issues involved than just a vendor complaint.

Sounds like somebody has an agenda....
Are you talking about yourself? Next time you decide to go from dissatisfied customer to fanboy, do yourself a favor and go back and delete the pissed off posts that you wrote.

Quote:
As of now, RR has not been able to provide any useful input.
Quote:
When the RR downpipes were installed, the car showed a CEL while driving home. Took it back to Eurotech of Knoxville and put a new O2 sim on at RR"s suggestion but didn't resolve the problem. The car has been at the shop for 3 weeks now and still no solution from RR

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 05:57 PM   #137
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Well if you were so viciously attacked, you'd want to defend yourself too I'm sure.....but I'd have to agree it would better serve both parties to have a private discourse....if Keith can let it go.
And I have been viciously attacked and am defending myself. But Anthony needs to stop posting his false claims against me.

Look, from the beginning of this thread I was up front that I felt burned by them. I stated that so anyone reading this thread would be aware of any potential bias. I then went over everything. I wanted to make it clear that it was a number of issues compounded together, that I was not just judging them harshly over one particular problem. There were multiple shipping problems, communication issues, excess time getting refunds, etc. Perhaps I was just unfortunate. But considering that others have posted with some similar stories, that may not be the case.

tjockey, you've had your own issues. You can choose to blame them on luck, your installer, yourself. That is your choice. It's odd that you attack us in this thread and call us names and then say that's not appropriate, but whatever.

I've recently moved my photos to Google's web albums. Photos can be found here, here, and here.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 06:03 PM   #138
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5/E92 335/HUMMER H2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboy View Post
im sorry but as a vendor you are acting VERY unprofessional. Why not settle this thru PM's? No need for going back and forth on a public forum....
We have tried to settle this through PM's / emails / phone calls. He is the one starting this post and keeping this going. We were told by a moderator to address this. We were staying out of it until that happened. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 06:06 PM   #139
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Look, clearly Keith didn't fabricate the pics of his exhaust hitting everything under the car. And clearly he isn't just making up stories about stuff not fitting and issues he's had just for the fun of it.

I think this situation is like the Roger Clemens situation. If they had just copped to a rare mistake (just like if he had just copped to his lack of judgement using the roids) then this would've passed a looooong time ago. They could've refunded Keith his money, and moved on. But continuing to deny what is clearly shown in multiple photos is just not smart. I've never bought anything from them, but I can read and I can see issues in pictures. It's too bad for both parties that it had to come to this, but I can't blame the OP.

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 06:07 PM   #140
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLM View Post
And I have been viciously attacked and am defending myself. But Anthony needs to stop posting his false claims against me.

Look, from the beginning of this thread I was up front that I felt burned by them. I stated that so anyone reading this thread would be aware of any potential bias. I then went over everything. I wanted to make it clear that it was a number of issues compounded together, that I was not just judging them harshly over one particular problem. There were multiple shipping problems, communication issues, excess time getting refunds, etc. Perhaps I was just unfortunate. But considering that others have posted with some similar stories, that may not be the case.

tjockey, you've had your own issues. You can choose to blame them on luck, your installer, yourself. That is your choice. It's odd that you attack us in this thread and call us names and then say that's not appropriate, but whatever.

I'm attacking you? Have you read what you have been posting? Cursing like a sailor. Attacking my company, and me personally in every fashion of the word. I am simply responding too everything you have posted and addressing the issue. We were told by a moderator to do so or we would have never posted in this thread to begin with like we didn't at the start. The problem now is you have been proven wrong in every claim you have made. So now what else is there to talk about? You are getting a refund we have showed you what you reqested. Would you like to stop now? I'm more than willing. If you continue this banter I will continue to respond to every claim you make with facts. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 06:08 PM   #141
bimmerboy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

in that case.... i guess i will sit back and enjoy the show!
      04-03-2009, 06:12 PM   #142
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLM View Post
There were multiple shipping problems, communication issues, excess time getting refunds, etc. Perhaps I was just unfortunate. But considering that others have posted with some similar stories, that may not be the case.
Hey Keith man...just remember one thing...
By the same logic you used about, "others have posted with similar stories", that others have posted similar stories NOT having issues as well and enjoying their products. And by and far the MAJORITY have not had problems.....not taking sides but just something to think about man....

Last edited by adrean8j; 04-03-2009 at 06:15 PM.. Reason: clarification...
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 06:24 PM   #143
Adam@Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Interlagos Blue BMW M5

Garage List
Quote:
This whole thing is beginning to smell of some ulterior motive, such as a smear campaign...Sounds like there are some other issues involved than just a vendor complaint.

Sounds like somebody has an agenda....
Hi Tjocky,

You're absolutely right. Its not adding up. This is what I came to with my conclusion.

1. Look at his pictures of the plenum he has posted. It shows the plenum 7 inches higher than its supposed to be an the next pictures shows the filter fitting inside the plenum? Did you just take a picture of the plenum sitting on top of the filter to show that is the way it fits? Also, now the plenum is installed on the car? What was the first picture for? I advise anybody to do a search, they can find numerous installed pictures of the plenum on the car with no problems.

2. Shows pictures of the exhaust hitting all parts of the car. Trying to prove that it doesn't fit? Trying to tell everybody on the forum our parts don't fit? Trying to damage our reputation/parts/service. There are hundreds of sets on 135i's worldwide. 25 on the original group buy that have them installed and Keith's exhaust is the ONLY one that hits in EVERY spot on the car?

3. He says we are viciously attacking him? How have we attacked him? In what way have we said anything "threatening" compared to what he has posted on us. The blatant LIE on his signature? We are proving a point. The plenum is a 5 min. job. I know of over 50 people on this post alone that have installed it with no issues but when Keith installs the plenum it fits 7 inches higher than its supposed to...

4. Previous forum member "Elite" completely blasts us with KeithLM's posts continuously. There is no sign of relation to the two of them until "Elite" is banned. KeithLM replies "Elite" has seen our products "first hand" and knows they don't fit after he's off the forum. He has never purchased a product from us or even owns a 135i.

5. I do not make claims saying a customer has ulterior motives until we tried EVERYTHING in our power to make the client happy. Full refund, repair, custom coating, free shipping, offer to pay for free o2 sim/o2 sensor, free ddv hoses, phone support, email support, PM support, public post board support, etc.

Anybody who's worked with us knows we pride ourselves in customer service. We get busy from time to time, but we always do anything in our power to come to a positive conclusion.

Here are pictures of the exhaust he returned to us with quite a few dents. Same thing with the catted downpipes.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 06:54 PM   #144
Evolved
Bad Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
Hey Keith man...just remember one thing...
By the same logic you used about, "others have posted with similar stories", that others have posted similar stories NOT having issues as well and enjoying their products. And by and far the MAJORITY have not had problems.....not taking sides but just something to think about man....
Which is all the more reason why RR should have kept there mouths shut, refunded the money and moved on.

Instead, that one unsatisfied customer has turned in to dozens of non customers.

Also those photos that are above my post show almost zero "damage".
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 07:04 PM   #145
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolved View Post
Which is all the more reason why RR should have kept there mouths shut, refunded the money and moved on.

Instead, that one unsatisfied customer has turned in to dozens of non customers.

Also those photos that are above my post show almost zero "damage".
Kept our mouths shut? Did you not read the above posts? We didn't post until we were advised too by a moderator. We did everything we could, and refunded the second the exhaust shipped back, and we just got the catted downpipes back that we will refund. Even though we proved the fitment, and refunded the damaged exhaust. "almost no damage" please read our refund policy clearly stated when you place an order. If anything this post has proven how far we will go for a customer. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 07:05 PM   #146
1013mm
aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: pokingly flush

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
If the exhaust is installed underneath the car of course there are going to be dents/scratches.
      04-03-2009, 07:08 PM   #147
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzhang View Post
If the exhaust is installed underneath the car of course there are going to be dents/scratches.
Um..no...
Unless you are bottoming out on every pothole in the world your exhaust should not really have anything in the way of dents...just my .02
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 07:10 PM   #148
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzhang View Post
Really? I would be pretty upset if I bought an exhaust, and the mandrel bent pipes for perfect flow were dented causing abruption. Whats the point of mandrel bending? May as well get a crush bent exhaust. It takes a lot of force to dent 3 inch 304 stainless steel tubing. Or tools being used that shouldn't be. Such as a hammer.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 07:28 PM   #149
AlBel1214
Major
Rep
Drives: past 135i, now c6, future M3??

I don't blame the guys at Riss for defending themselves...just b/c they are a vendor does not mean they should sit back and let people have things like "Be warned, if you criticize Riss Racing they will lie about the things you have said."
in thier signature...

that is just absurd/immature...

-----LS3 C6-----
z51 suspension, NPP dual mode exhaust(wild2mild),20% tint, zr1 replica wheels, gloss black fender stripes
R.I.P SGM 135i w/ some mods
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 07:34 PM   #150
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

The mods should have closed this thread already... There is absolutely nothing informative about this thread anymore, and KeithLM really seems to have a motive in bashing Riss Racing

I think tjockey is on to something

I didn't have any of the issues that Keith ran into, and it is pretty weird that Keith had every single part not fit. either he is an idiot at installing the parts, or he is the most unlucky person in the world...
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 07:44 PM   #151
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep

Where to begin? You have made up stories about my claims. I never, not once, said that the downpipes caused the oil leak. My immediate concern was if there was something caused by the installer during the installation. I never blamed Riss Racing for that. Second, you have greatly exaggerated what I said about the DDV. You even lied about when I said I had those problems. I never once tied an issue with the DDV to the downpipes and I have always acknowledged that my installation most likely contributed to the problems I had later on. To say differently is a lie.

You have questioned my intelligence, reasoning ability and class and your responses have been full of sarcasm and eye rolling.

Adam, the point of that picture with the plenum resting on the filter is to show that with the reservoir mounted per your instructions and the intake and filter as far over as they can go, the plenum will not fit. You have yet to show differently. And that is a simple thing you can prove.

I have done my best to show the problems with the downpipes and exhaust. There is nothing more I can do there. If you have a picture of any catted downpipes mounted, show them. People can make their own judgment then. I have yet to hear a reasonable explanation of how they could be mounted such that they line up perfectly with the stock exhaust and yet have the O2 sensors meet the way they do if there is not either a design or manufacturing issue with the pipes.

Anybody can make a mistake. It's important when you do that you own up to it. I acknowledged openly that I made mistakes with the DDV and that other issues arose beyond my control that can in no way be blamed on Riss. Could I have avoided any future problems if I did not mistakes and the other problems didn't occur? Probably. Could minor design changes to the DDV charge pipe have helped to prevent that? Possibly. We will never know. But I told my story fully and honestly. People can look at that and judge for themselves, and perhaps even pick up on areas in the installation where they need to take extra precautions.

Now consider this. What if you had told me on 2/6 that my products would be shipping in two weeks, not one? What if when I received the catless pipes you had made a reasonable effort to get the catted pipes out to me sooner than you did? Especially when I was in the midst of convincing you that the plenum/reservoir didn't fit per your instructions. What if you had chosen not to send me the red intake in the state it was in? What if when I called you on a Monday and you said the downpipes would ship on Tuesday and you had actually done that? Do you think things might have gone differently when installation problems occurred? And that's only a small list of the problems I had to deal with. And you don't even own up to any of those. Instead you choose to attack me for mistakes I may have made, as well as mistakes you have made up that I never did make.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 07:45 PM   #152
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlBel1214 View Post
I don't blame the guys at Riss for defending themselves...just b/c they are a vendor does not mean they should sit back and let people have things like "Be warned, if you criticize Riss Racing they will lie about the things you have said."
in thier signature...

that is just absurd/immature...
They lied, people should know. If they acknowledge that and apologize, I will remove it.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 07:47 PM   #153
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep

I am going to take a step back from this thread. I will not read nor post to it for the next 24 hours except if I receive my refund, then I will post that in a timely manner as I believe that is only appropriate.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 07:50 PM   #154
miro2296
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Montego Blue BMW 135i

opc orn:
BMW 135i/6 Speed/Montego Blue/Formula One Ceramic Tint/JB4 G4/AA Sport Intercooler/19 inch Iconz 880Z(19X8.5 & 19X10)/PSS 225/35 & 265/30/E93 M3 front sway bar/TRW front and rear Control Arms/BMS Drop In Filter/Dinan Exhaust/BlackLines/Upgraded \\\M RSFB
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread