BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

04-03-2009, 07:55 PM   #155
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5/E92 335/HUMMER H2

THIS IS YOUR INSTALL ON THE EXACT SAME PRODUCT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLM View Post
A picture is worth a thousand words.

Here's how they say it works:

Here's another view where they claim that bracket will go:

All we need is a good picture with the reservoir in that position to show us how it goes. That's all. If it fits, I apologize. If it doesn't...
THIS IS HOW THE INSTALL WITH THE EXACT SAME PRODUCTS SHOULD BE INSTALLED....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riss Racing View Post

EXHAUST/DOWNPIPES INSTALLED CORRECTLY

I'm not sure what else there is too say. You say they don't fit. Every single product you have installed hasn't fit. However hundreds upon hundreds of people/members on this forum have the exact same products installed with no issues. So is everybody wrong or could it be your failed install. There is nothing wrong with not being a pro installer. However bashing a company, and turning it into a slander crusade is. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 07:59 PM   #156
Evolved
Bad Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Evo

Quote:
Kept our mouths shut? Did you not read the above posts? We didn't post until we were advised too by a moderator. We did everything we could, and refunded the second the exhaust shipped back, and we just got the catted downpipes back that we will refund. Even though we proved the fitment, and refunded the damaged exhaust. "almost no damage" please read our refund policy clearly stated when you place an order. If anything this post has proven how far we will go for a customer. Thanks.
Defending your product is one thing and you certainly should be doing that. However you could have done so in a much more professional manner.

And the fact that a mod told you to do so is mind bending. I've been on many message boards over the years and I have never heard of a moderator encouraging a vendor to have a public dispute with a member. It's the last thing that a mod, or a vendor for that matter, should want.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 08:06 PM   #157
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolved View Post
Defending your product is one thing and you certainly should be doing that. However you could have done so in a much more professional manner.

And the fact that a mod told you to do so is mind bending. I've been on many message boards over the years and I have never heard of a moderator encouraging a vendor to have a public dispute with a member. It's the last thing that a mod, or a vendor for that matter, should want.
I agree with you. As you can see in the start of this thread we did not respond at all. We were told to do so after "Elite" was banned. To address the issue. We have no reason to want to respond in a public manner. How does this help us in any way? It does not. We would much rather do so in PM/Email/Phone like we were before Keith started this thread. Then continued to bash us. We have not cursed like he has. We have simply stated facts as we were advised too do. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 08:09 PM   #158
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer_tx View Post
The mods should have closed this thread already... There is absolutely nothing informative about this thread anymore, and KeithLM really seems to have a motive in bashing Riss Racing

I think tjockey is on to something

I didn't have any of the issues that Keith ran into, and it is pretty weird that Keith had every single part not fit. either he is an idiot at installing the parts, or he is the most unlucky person in the world...
+1 on closing this thread.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #159
takrdown
Other car was a submarine
Rep
Drives: i4M50 (waiting), 2013 R56 JCW

I think this has gone on long enough. This whole thing seems odd to me and isn't helping anyone. At this point I don't believe either party in the thread so Im going to forget I ever read it. No harm no foul on anyone.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 08:16 PM   #160
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolved View Post

C'mon Evolved....are you serious? Have you read 99% of the threads RR has made since they became involved with 1addicts? I would venture to say that 99% of the time they have been absolutely positive. This is not a "he who shall not be named" associated with that "CF company" that also shall not be named. Since these forums and word of mouth are the LIFEBLOOD of a small business like this it is imperative that he defend his company. Not to mention in these economic times. This is affects all aspects of his business in some way I am sure....think about it. I would even venture to say that the majority of the RR parts sold have been thru word of mouth and the forums, not print media and sure as hell not thru t.v. adverts....sooooo...what would you do in this type of situation? AFTER you decided to refund...AND the customer is still slandering you all over the forums, community you make your money in? Hopefully Keith gets his money..this thread gets locked and they work on rebuilding a reputation tarnished by one persons bad luck, incompetence, or whatever the heck happened........judge not lest ye be judged...

Last edited by adrean8j; 04-03-2009 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: grammar
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 08:18 PM   #161
takrdown
Rep

Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
C'mon Evolved....are you serious? Have you read 99% of the threads RR has made since they became involved with 1addicts? I would venture to say that 99% of the time they have been absolutely positive. This is not a "he who shall not be named" associated with that "CF company" that also shall not be named. Since these forums and word of mouth are the LIFEBLOOD of a small business like this it is imperative that he defend his company. Not to mention in these economic times. This is effecting all aspects of his business I am sure....think about it. I would even venture to say that the majority of the RR parts sold have been thru word of mouth and the forums, not print media and sure as hell not thru t.v. adverts....sooooo...what would you do in this type of situation? AFTER you decided to refund...AND the customer is still slandering you all over the forums, community you make your money in? Hopefully Keith gets his money..this thread gets locked and we work on rebuilding a reputation tarnished by one persons bad luck, incompetence, or whatever the heck happened........judge not lest ye be judged...
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #162
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

I've been a member of this forum for way too long now. I've seen the rise in RR's popularity on here.

The biggest problem I ever saw was too many Fan-Boyish posts about how awesome their products are. Now I can understand people wanting to be happy with what they've spent their money on, and they're very excited.

But the thing I realize now is, KeithLM is the first person I've seen who has had any problems with these parts.

I've read countless reviews about people who "Just got my catless DPs installed!111" etc. I never remember seeing someone complain about running into problems installing parts though.

I respect Riss for staying out of this thread as long as they could. Obviously something needed to be said though, and with the mods asking for RR to intervene, they had to.

Keith, you've done nothing but find the downside in everything they've done. The fact that you're getting a FULL refund after this is quite impressive if I say so myself, especially with the damage you did to that exhaust...

Write me off as another fan boy, but know this, RR hasn't seen a dime of my money, I've got ZERO motivation behind posting this except I feel a good company is getting shafted by someone who can't install the parts correctly.

Last edited by InsaneSkippy; 04-04-2009 at 08:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 09:10 PM   #163
AlBel1214
Major
Rep
Drives: past 135i, now c6, future M3??

Agreed with the posts above but I would def. not say Riss has a tarnished rep now b/c of one persons thread... If people are that easily influenced by 1 bad review then they obviously just do not care or try do the real research on a product...I mean hell not everyone thinks BMWs are great but the rep of BMW sure isn't tarnished...

-----LS3 C6-----
z51 suspension, NPP dual mode exhaust(wild2mild),20% tint, zr1 replica wheels, gloss black fender stripes
R.I.P SGM 135i w/ some mods
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 09:38 PM   #164
HebbNH
Resident Cacodemon Expert
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 135i 6MT

Wow, this thread turned into a complete shitstorm today. Interesting read, at least . Hoping to see everything get resolved peacefully, although it looks like there's not much chance of that.
BMS JB4 | BMS DCI | ETS intercooler | ETS charge pipe | HKS SSQV III | CP-E downpipes | BMWP exhaust | P3Cars vent gauge | LUX V3 angel eyes | Weisslicht smoked LED sidemarkers | Blackline LCI taillights | Slek Designs front lip | BMWP grills | Seibon M3 hood | iCarbon CSL trunk | iCarbon rear diffuser | BMWP suspension | Yokohama Advan Neova AD08s | Work Brombachers - FLOSS edition | H&R spacers | TC Kline studs | Project Kics R40 lugs
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 10:11 PM   #165
SlickShift
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW E90 M3 ZCP, '21 X5 ZMP

It's funny...we were just talking about customer dissatisfaction in my Operations Management class and our professor was saying that customers like KeithLM are called "terrorists." It only takes one person to change the minds of hundreds. Like others have said, don't let one dissatisfied customer ruin the reputation for an entire company.
Retired: '00 323i, '06 325Ci, '09 135i, '06 Z4M Roadster, '93 525i, '76 2002, '14 X1, '14 M235i, '16 X4, '16 435i
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 11:32 PM   #166
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickShift View Post
It's funny...we were just talking about customer dissatisfaction in my Operations Management class and our professor was saying that customers like KeithLM are called "terrorists." It only takes one person to change the minds of hundreds. Like others have said, don't let one dissatisfied customer ruin the reputation for an entire company.
he's right; I am now apprehensive of buying
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 04:36 AM   #167
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlBel1214 View Post
Agreed with the posts above but I would def. not say Riss has a tarnished rep now b/c of one persons thread... If people are that easily influenced by 1 bad review then they obviously just do not care or try do the real research on a product...I mean hell not everyone thinks BMWs are great but the rep of BMW sure isn't tarnished...
True to a certain extent but also untrue....
You have to look at the size and breadth of the target audience. In BMW's case an audience of millions world-wide. So to compare it would be better to say a 'group' or 'organization' that had a problem with BMW and started out just complaining about their problems and then in turn people who recognize that group take notice. In our case here the target is a little more acute and focused so the effects of just one person are felt. Small business versus big business.

People ARE easily influenced that IS the issue. To be fair and balanced lets look at some of the POSITIVE reviews for RR; some of them are very....ummm well lets just say some them sound like a bad used car sales t.v. advert on a saturday afternoon. My point is that after reading SOME of those reviews, and reading the giddy responses to them, people were obviously jumping on the bandwagon (those same reviews had an obvious lack of hard data BTW...full of butt dyno's). Now myself and others 'called out' some forum members on their shallow reviews. Anyway what I am saying is that just as many can be driven away as can be convinced. Word of mouth. That is how the small businesses get the majority of their customers. (This goes for whether they ship to another vendor...or if they sell it themselves)
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 08:47 AM   #168
takrdown
Rep

I think you're my new favorite poster....again...well said

Quote:
You have to look at the size and breadth of the target audience. In BMW's case an audience of millions world-wide. So to compare it would be better to say a 'group' or 'organization' that had a problem with BMW and started out just complaining about their problems and then in turn people who recognize that group take notice. In our case here the target is a little more acute and focused so the effects of just one person are felt. Small business versus big business.

People ARE easily influenced that IS the issue. To be fair and balanced lets look at some of the POSITIVE reviews for RR; some of them are very....ummm well lets just say some them sound like a bad used car sales t.v. advert on a saturday afternoon. My point is that after reading SOME of those reviews, and reading the giddy responses to them, people were obviously jumping on the bandwagon (those same reviews had an obvious lack of hard data BTW...full of butt dyno's). Now myself and others 'called out' some forum members on their shallow reviews. Anyway what I am saying is that just as many can be driven away as can be convinced. Word of mouth. That is how the small businesses get the majority of their customers. (This goes for whether they ship to another vendor...or if they sell it themselves)
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 10:50 AM   #169
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

This effects our business is a few ways. I try to look at the positive in every negative. The truth is the difference from our business and many others are every single person working at RR truly loves their job. Of course we care about profits etc...However, to be perfectly honest we were well off long before we started RR. This company was started out of passion, a love for these cars, and this market. We do not throw up the allusion of caring about customers like most major companies do. We truly care about our clients. Many members on this board can confirm the fact that we pour our hearts into these products. We have built true friendships with many members of this forum, and many like it. Over 100 phone numbers in my personal cell are members from here, e90post, n54tech, and so on. We are on here helping at 1am on a Sunday if thats what it takes to keep our customers happy. At the end of the day we care about what Keith says. Myself, and our employees have done everything in our power to make him happy. After all this if Keith called me right now for help for something unrelated I would do everything I could do help him. I feel terrible that Keith is this unhappy. At some point we failed to do something to make him happy. We are not perfect. Just like any company we make mistakes. Thats why HR departments, and attorneys exist. But I will do anything in my power to reverse any mistake made by us. We will own up too it and spend hours on the phone, in email, in pm, on this public post to correct the issues. In this case our products were fine. Some minor issues yes. But nothing that couldn't have been corrected by simply listening too what we said and applying it. Keith once again I am sorry things turned out this way. You will be taken care of all the way too the end. No hard feelings, and anything you need in the future don't hesitate to ask. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #170
tjockey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
This effects our business is a few ways. I try to look at the positive in every negative. The truth is the difference from our business and many others are every single person working at RR truly loves their job. Of course we care about profits etc...However, to be perfectly honest we were well off long before we started RR. This company was started out of passion, a love for these cars, and this market. We do not throw up the allusion of caring about customers like most major companies do. We truly care about our clients. Many members on this board can confirm the fact that we pour our hearts into these products. We have built true friendships with many members of this forum, and many like it. Over 100 phone numbers in my personal cell are members from here, e90post, n54tech, and so on. We are on here helping at 1am on a Sunday if thats what it takes to keep our customers happy. At the end of the day we care about what Keith says. Myself, and our employees have done everything in our power to make him happy. After all this if Keith called me right now for help for something unrelated I would do everything I could do help him. I feel terrible that Keith is this unhappy. At some point we failed to do something to make him happy. We are not perfect. Just like any company we make mistakes. Thats why HR departments, and attorneys exist. But I will do anything in my power to reverse any mistake made by us. We will own up too it and spend hours on the phone, in email, in pm, on this public post to correct the issues. In this case our products were fine. Some minor issues yes. But nothing that couldn't have been corrected by simply listening too what we said and applying it. Keith once again I am sorry things turned out this way. You will be taken care of all the way too the end. No hard feelings, and anything you need in the future don't hesitate to ask. Thank you!

I, for one, will vouch for all the above....What about the other guys who have had such positive results...Let's hear from you too.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 11:45 AM   #171
dcafs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Riss:

I will never ever purchase another one of your products!

That's based on 2 things.

1) The poor fitment of your oil catch can rubbing up against the positive battery post, plus a torn o-ring.

2) The way you are engaging in this thread as damage control to prevent lost sales.

The wise thing to do would have been to accept that some customers are going to have negative experiences with anyone's products, and to simply refund their purchase.

My concern here is that by engaging in a damage control campaign against a disgruntled customer......that disgruntled customer could be me someday and in fact was.

I just didn't think it was worth fighting over an o-ring and badly fitting bracket, but I have not forgotten.

This behaviour of yours on a public forum is deplorable and only serves to reinforce my decision not to purchase your products.

Congratulations!

You should pat yourself on the back for driving away potential customers not just from the OP's comments in this thread, but your own.

People tend to remember their few negative experiences more than they do the many positive ones.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 11:54 AM   #172
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Quote:
I give you credit for some of things in this post. Long overdue is you admitting that there were issues with the parts, but kudos for finally owning up to it. The pics tell a different story about the "parts being fine" but in the end you refunded his money which is the right thing to do.

The only outstanding issue out of this whole debacle that I can see now is that Keith is out a bunch of money for labor, but I guess that goes with the territory of modding cars these days.

BTW, the tips in that last exhaust pic don't look nice. The paint is matte and looks like soot on the tips and they appear to be missing paint in the tops of the tips. Just an opinion, perhaps to help you change them for next time.

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 12:05 PM   #173
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackjackMulligan View Post
I give you credit for some of things in this post. Long overdue is you admitting that there were issues with the parts, but kudos for finally owning up to it. The pics tell a different story about the "parts being fine" but in the end you refunded his money which is the right thing to do.

The only outstanding issue out of this whole debacle that I can see now is that Keith is out a bunch of money for labor, but I guess that goes with the territory of modding cars these days.

BTW, the tips in that last exhaust pic don't look nice. The paint is matte and looks like soot on the tips and they appear to be missing paint in the tops of the tips. Just an opinion, perhaps to help you change them for next time.
Thanks for the feedback. The tips were damaged in transit. We just threw a quick coat on them. We did not have the sent out to our coaters as you can see how they look when shipped by Keiths pic post.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 12:09 PM   #174
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcafs View Post
Riss:

1) The poor fitment of your oil catch can rubbing up against the positive battery post, plus a torn o-ring.

2) The way you are engaging in this thread as damage control to prevent lost sales.

The wise thing to do would have been to accept that some customers are going to have negative experiences with anyone's products, and to simply refund their purchase.

My concern here is that by engaging in a damage control campaign against a disgruntled customer......that disgruntled customer could be me someday and in fact was.

I just didn't think it was worth fighting over an o-ring and badly fitting bracket, but I have not forgotten.

This behaviour of yours on a public forum is deplorable and only serves to reinforce my decision not to purchase your products.

Congratulations!

You should pat yourself on the back for driving away potential customers not just from the OP's comments in this thread, but your own.

People tend to remember their few negative experiences more than they do the many positive ones.
Please read the post in full. We did not get into this post until WE WERE ADVISED TO DO SO BY A MODERATOR. How do we benefit from posting in this thread? We do not that is why we stayed out of it until we were TOLD TO POST. If you have a fitment issue with the catch can please shoot me an email so we can resolve this no problem. We refunded him the exhaust right when we got it back. We also offered to pay for labor that stett was going to do, and offered to pay for a sensor that we did not break. We also sent out a FREE 02 SIM when he didn't even need one. The CEL was caused by an incorrect install by the client of another product. We then after all of this are issuing a full refund, and refunded all of his shipping charges back and forth. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 12:10 PM   #175
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjockey View Post
I, for one, will vouch for all the above....What about the other guys who have had such positive results...Let's hear from you too.
Thank you for the support!
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 12:31 PM   #176
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
However, to be perfectly honest we were well off long before we started RR. This company was started out of passion, a love for these cars, and this market.
Whether or not you were well off BEFORE starting RR is irrelevant. This type of behavior by the OP still effects the company's bottom line. Which in turn could effect the blue collar workers in your employ. That is the point I am trying to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcafs View Post
Riss:

Congratulations!

Um...have you even read all the threads in their ENTIRETY? This includes the OTHER threads created by the OP.....read them and THEN point the finger (and refer to my previous two posts...and my comment about being judgemental).'s
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread