BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
Iron Man
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Lifestyle Limited Edition Pkg

Does anyone have more information as to when the Lifestyle Limited Edition package will be available? The only thing I've seen so far is Spring 2013.

Right now, I am leaning towards getting a 128i with this package.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 01:57 AM   #2
simianspeedster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 840i Coupe

I'm curious as well because I'm leaning towards a 128i Coupe with this package. My dealer is trying to dig up more info, but nothing yet.

What's most confusing is what happens if you try to combine this package with M-Sport. I assume the 18" wheels stay, but the seats change, the suspension changes and some interior bits (steering wheel and headliner). I'm betting the window trim goes from chrome to black and who know about the badging (door sills, etc.)

I'm probably aiming for a 128i Coupe w/Lifestyle, Performance Suspension and Sport Seats (i.e skip M-Sport).

If any one you run across pricing/availability details, please pass them along.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 06:37 AM   #3
Iron Man
Major
United_States
Rep

Yeah, I thought I saw on BMW Blog, where they said the package price will be $2700 and it can be coupled with the MSport package. I wonder what stays and what goes then (MSport steering wheel, but Lifestyle wheels maybe)? I wanted the MSport and Lifestyle packages together. Maybe the door sills will be interchangeable, lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #4
simianspeedster
Captain
Rep

$2,700 is a little steep, but I'm almost certain the cost will be reduced when you combine Lifestyle with the Premium Package. Even BMW can't charge you twice for leather seats (well, let's hope not)!

I thought about combining M-Sport with Lifestyle, but the more I look at the details, the less sense it makes to me. The Sport Seats can be ordered as an individual option and I'm likely to add the Performance Suspension which scraps the Sport/M-Sport suspension bits. From there, the only things that would appear to be missing sans M-Sport are the black window trim (which I'm not fond of anyhow), the steering wheel, shifter and headliner, none of which are deal killers for me.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #5
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
Does anyone have more information as to when the Lifestyle Limited Edition package will be available? The only thing I've seen so far is Spring 2013.

Right now, I am leaning towards getting a 128i with this package.
This might help a little bit...

BMW 1 Series Coupe and BMW 1 Series Convertible Limited Edition Lifestyle Announced
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782456

I don't really know why the Lifestyle Limited Edition package is not listed in this pdf. But your bmw SA should be able to supply you with the latest pdf with the details of the Lifestyle Limited Edition package.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2013 BMW 1 Series (E82 E88) OrderingGuide.pdf (655.0 KB, 485 views)
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #6
Iron Man
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
This might help a little bit...

BMW 1 Series Coupe and BMW 1 Series Convertible Limited Edition Lifestyle Announced
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782456

I don't really know why the Lifestyle Limited Edition package is not listed in this pdf. But your bmw SA should be able to supply you with the latest pdf with the details of the Lifestyle Limited Edition package.
Thanks. I've read the thread and have that .pdf file, but neither have any specifics (price, ordering, etc.) on the new package. I thought BMW would provide more info in Detroit, but I never saw another announcement after the December one. Oh well, just have to wait I guess.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #7
simianspeedster
Captain
Rep

I talked to my dealer yesterday and the tricky bit for this package is that it's not being introduced with a model year change, so it's not in the previously published 2013 ordering guide. He's seeking more info from BMW and checking on timing/availability for ordering. I also thought all of that would become public info as part of the "official" release at Detroit. Thankfully, I have a little time because my current lease is up in 4 months, so I'll try to be patient.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #8
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Arrow ZED Lifestyle Edition Pkg...

Quote:
Originally Posted by simianspeedster View Post
I talked to my dealer yesterday and the tricky bit for this package is that it's not being introduced with a model year change, so it's not in the previously published 2013 ordering guide...
Ok, I got in touch with my BMW source and here IS the info you all been waiting for!!

Pay no attention to the Military/Dip prices.

Look at the option code: ZED Edition under the packages options(3rd one).

2013.BMW.1-series.price.list.from.16.January.2013_copy.pdf
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #9
simianspeedster
Captain
Rep

Thanks a bunch, Dackel -- very helpful. So all is revealed!

It was confusing for BMW to show that Space Grey coupe in the Limited Edition preview photo because it appears to have options that are not available with the package (Style 261M wheels and M-Sport body kit).

So ZED can't be combined with M-Sport, but it already has the black headliner and a sports steering wheel. It also includes larger and wider wheels and tires (18x8 w/215s front, 18x9 w/245s rear), but no suspension upgrade to take advantage of the extra grip. I'm still hopeful ZED can be combined with the Performance Suspension and Sport Seats to split the difference, because those are the glaring omissions from M-Sport on a 128i.

Interestingly, the ZED package allows the choice of chrome or black window trim, which is cool for those of us who care, and it includes the price of metallic paint (Mineral White, Space Grey or Black Sapphire) and matching floor mats. I'm also hopeful that the combination of ZED and Premium will result in some savings because BMW is otherwise double-dipping for the cost of leather.

Here's the remaining mystery: what is 345 Chrome Line Interior? When the ZED package was announced in December, the interior trim was described as "FineLine Stream wood trim." I sure hope BMW just renamed it or something because Chrome interior trim sounds odd.

The ZED-equipped convertible at the Detroit Auto Show had wood: http://wot.motortrend.com/files/2013...on-cockpit.jpg
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 09:04 AM   #10
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:

It was confusing for BMW to show that Space Grey coupe in the Limited Edition preview photo because it appears to have options that are not available with the package (Style 261M wheels and M-Sport body kit).
Sometimes early pre production models spec's change when they actually go into SOP (start of production). Thats the only thing that pops into my mind.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #11
Iron Man
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone
Quote:
I talked to my dealer yesterday and the tricky bit for this package is that it's not being introduced with a model year change, so it's not in the previously published 2013 ordering guide...
Ok, I got in touch with my BMW source and here IS the info you all been waiting for!!

Pay no attention to the Military/Dip prices.

Look at the option code: ZED Edition under the packages options(3rd one).

Attachment 809187
Yes, thanks for the info Dackelone. You are "the Man"!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #12
Iron Man
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks a bunch, Dackel -- very helpful. So all is revealed!

So ZED can't be combined with M-Sport, but it already has the black headliner and a sports steering wheel. It also includes larger and wider wheels and tires (18x8 w/215s front, 18x9 w/245s rear), but no suspension upgrade to take advantage of the extra grip. I'm still hopeful ZED can be combined with the Performance Suspension and Sport Seats to split the difference, because those are the glaring omissions from M-Sport on a 128i.

Interestingly, the ZED package allows the choice of chrome or black window trim, which is cool for those of us who care, and it includes the price of metallic paint (Mineral White, Space Grey or Black Sapphire) and matching floor mats. I'm also hopeful that the combination of ZED and Premium will result in some savings because BMW is otherwise double-dipping for the cost of leather.

Here's the remaining mystery: what is 345 Chrome Line Interior? When the ZED package was announced in December, the interior trim was described as "FineLine Stream wood trim." I sure hope BMW just renamed it or something because Chrome interior trim sounds odd.

The ZED-equipped convertible at the Detroit Auto Show had wood: http://wot.motortrend.com/files/2013...on-cockpit.jpg
How to order this pkg does seem a little confusing. Looks like you can order it with the Premium pkg, but you are paying double for the leather, since there is no discount (I don't see it at least). I want the Sports suspension as well, but looks like I will have to order separately. How much does it cost to install the BMW sports suspension by itself?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #13
simianspeedster
Captain
Rep

We're in the same boat, Iron Man. I don't think the regular Sports Suspension can be ordered a la carte, so I'm asking my dealer about adding the Performance Suspension which everyone says is better anyhow. I believe the latter, when ordered with the car, is installed at the port during delivery prep.

But looking at the config guide again, it appears I misspoke before. I now think ZED can be ordered with M-Sport on the 128i (not the 135i though) but unless BMW discounts the combined price, there's even more double dipping because you're double paying for wheels/tires and interior trim. Hopefully the online configurator will be updated soon so we can figure all of this out.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #14
Iron Man
Major
United_States
Rep

I wonder at what point we will start to see this ZED package on the BMW USA website in their 1-series configurator? If the SOP is supposed to be next month, would have thought we would see something by now. I am going to my dealer this weekend, I guess we'll see what they say.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #15
simianspeedster
Captain
Rep

In my experience, BMW's website is often behind on changes like this and, specifically, changes to the 1 Series configurator seem to come dead last. During last year's MY switchover, the 1 Series configurator was the last to be updated and it didn't happen until 5-6 weeks into the MY (dealers were already selling 2013s off the lot). Lame.

Here's an odd thing I noted: according to the updated 1 Series order guide, Blue Water Metallic goes EOP this month, but it was already removed from the configurator a while back. Similarly, it appears that the Light Burl Walnut interior trim goes EOP this month (according to the guide), but it's still on the configurator. And as you noted, the ZED package and the Mineral White paint options are nowhere to be found even though they supposedly start production soon.

It might be a while -- I say talk to your dealer.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #16
andrey_gta
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Has anyone found the part numbers for the trim??? I want to update mine to some lifetyile pieaces

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #17
Upora
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '13 135i Limited Edition

Has anyone tried to order the limited edition yet? I'm in talks with my dealer right now, but its kinda hard to communicate right now because of my job.

I asked about the tobacco interior with the m sport package, and he said it was a no go....

I just want a freaking 135i with brown interior and my damn sport package, is that too hard to ask for?!!! GRRRRR damn you EOP Terra Leather!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 11:49 PM   #18
simianspeedster
Captain
Rep

Your dealer is correct that the Lifestyle package (ZED) cannot be ordered with M Sport (ZMP) but a 135i with ZED has most of the M Sport features already. All 135 models come with the body kit and sport suspension standard, and many of the M Sport trim details are similar (shadowline is available with ZED and the black headliner is included in ZED). The biggest difference is the absence of sport seats with ZED, but those are available as a separate option. Obviously the steering wheel, shifter and and dash trim are different, but that's the whole point of ZED (it's all cosmetic).

With this info in mind, is there anything a 135i with the ZED and sport seats options is missing for your purposes?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 03:49 PM   #19
Upora
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Your dealer is correct that the Lifestyle package (ZED) cannot be ordered with M Sport (ZMP) but a 135i with ZED has most of the M Sport features already. All 135 models come with the body kit and sport suspension standard, and many of the M Sport trim details are similar (shadowline is available with ZED and the black headliner is included in ZED). The biggest difference is the absence of sport seats with ZED, but those are available as a separate option. Obviously the steering wheel, shifter and and dash trim are different, but that's the whole point of ZED (it's all cosmetic).

With this info in mind, is there anything a 135i with the ZED and sport seats options is missing for your purposes?

if thats the case, how hard ids it to mod interior trimline? cause i absolutely am not kosher with the wood trim.. i want glacier silver....
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #20
Upora
Enlisted Member
Rep

Screw it, just ordered the limited edition!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 10:21 PM   #21
simianspeedster
Captain
Rep

Congrats! I can't wait to see pics when it arrives. I almost did the same because I really like the interior details. It sounds like you would have preferred the metal dash and door trim but I saw it in person and it felt kind of cheap to me (no offense intended for others who like it). The fineline wood that comes with the ZED package looks great in photos. Keep us posted!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 12:33 AM   #22
Upora
Enlisted Member
Rep

Gotta wait 6-8 weeks with me!! Haha. Ugh, let the clock ticking commence
Appreciate 0