BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-25-2012, 06:40 AM   #67
Dan Parker
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Golf R

I picked up a golf r last month for a daily driver and was lurking around other forums to see what TTS brake pads people were using and came upon that one.
      02-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #68
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Golf R is available in US? When I was refused first time I tried to buy the 1M through diplomatic sales channels as well as others, I was almost decided to buy a Scirocco R, in blue by the way. I still wonder how that car drives.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #69
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Golf R is available in US? When I was refused first time I tried to buy the 1M through diplomatic sales channels as well as others, I was almost decided to buy a Scirocco R, in blue by the way. I still wonder how that car drives.
Yup, Golf R is available (congrats Dan!). I recon it would drive somewhat differently than the Scirocco R given it is AWD vs. FWD for the latter, though a couple of the EU rags I've read seem to suggest the Scirocco is a tad more fun (in whatever manner that is defined). IMO a tad pricey, but the Rs always have good following so I am sure it will have no problem selling (especially since it is offered in 2- and 4-doors, for a base price of $35K and $37K respectively).

Here is a MT article/road test from this week:
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/..._r_first_test/
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #70
Dan Parker
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Golf R

It's a great car. I got a 4 door in dark gray. I don't want to sabotage this thread so here's a video that will do the talking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdHiQLypkpc&feature=youtube_gdata_player