BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-22-2013, 05:39 AM   #23
davefromfla
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M440ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryakanisachoad View Post
Somebody in this thread ran a 13.2 with only a BMW Performance Power kit and all-seasons. I'm not sure of the specs but it looks like the PPK turns up boost up by around 1.5 lbs. which isn't much.

I wonder if that car has DCT and if that would make much of a difference?

That 6 speed STEP is pretty good in sport mode. I wonder if I could get some high 12's with my current set-up? I should probably go find out when the weather warms up a bit :-).
That was me. The tires were not all seasons- Continental DW summers, not DWS. Don't need all seasons in Florida. Currently have Michelin PSS. Yes, I have DCT transmission. Launched best by just flooring it. Doing that, DCT revs to about 2500 RPM, then dumps the clutch. Shifted with paddles at 6500 RPM after launch.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #24
135iMike
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 White 135i

Quote:
One more question: what sort of 1/4 mile do you think my 1 can run the way she's set-up? Do you think it's possible for it to do low 13's?

I forgot to mention that my car has pretty light weight forged wheels. They're like 21 lbs - I think that would help a little?

Any guesses? I live in Brooklyn and we don't have tracks here lol. 'tho I guess I could go to Englishtown in New Jersey.
I'm out on Long Island and am definitely hitting up Etown this coming spring!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #25
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911, 130is, E39 M5, E36 M3

Quote:
You appear to have a broad depth of knowledge of automobiles and auto racing. I recall another post you made in a different thread were you showed off your motorhead credentials.

I'll do a little reminiscing: I had an '89 962 cab a '91 962 c4 and the car I miss 2nd most of all cars I've owned - an '87 930 turbo. The car I miss most is an ' '89 XR4ti which I modified into the closest I could get to a Sierra RS500 Cosworth. That car was fun!

Thanks for strolling down memory lane with me :-) !
Not a problem, I'm always in for obsessing over analog feel cars.

My next car choice will likely be a last year 993 911 C2S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTB View Post
The oil cooled cars are definitely special - I have owned a number of them. Technology does, however, move forward. The 930, nostalgia aside, is basically a blunt instrument. The 964 was neat, especially a cup car or RS America and the 993 is probably one of my favorites. That being said, my tt once well setup, was quicker and dynamically superior while being just as involving to drive - both on track and street.

It is popular to hate on the 996 and newer models. Don't judge unless you have had reasonable exposure. They are great cars.
Just to be completely clear, I have no interest in cars getting faster. No matter the speed of the car, you get used to it. Dynamic engagement and feedback is something that constantly changes based on the roads you drive. I can't see myself ever getting tired of that.

As to specific Porsches, 996 is simply too unreliable with a horrible Fisher Price™ interior. I know a few who were able to get it where they wanted with a LS engine swap, but that kind of defeats the point. 997 is pretty excellent all around. No problems there. 991 with its EPS and the rest is a GT car to me now, which means I have lost all interest.