BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-09-2009, 05:20 PM   #1
synop
Rep
Drives: Citroen "yet"

RWD question

First of all, sorry if I placed the topic in the wrong sub-forum.. I just thought this might be the most right one.

But to the point...
I'm from the Netherlands and I really want to buy an 1er, but the thing is that I often go to Norway and Poland, also in winter times. And as I've seen the roads can be really icy in Norway, so in Poland. However the RWD is excellent under normal weather conditions, I'm still a bit scared of it in winter time, since I haven't got any experience with it. I've heard alot of "scary" stories around it, like it would be nearly impossible to drive a RWD car in the snow.

Now I'd rather like to know from you guys, who drive an 1er, how much of it is true? Is it really true that rear wheel driven cars are doing much worse in snowy weather conditions?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 12:56 AM   #2
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

My 1er was abousolutly fine in a 1 foot snowfall we had here over the winter. I think so long you have a good set of rubber on the car its all good.

Appreciate 0