BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-19-2016, 06:15 AM   #23
derekh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: ---

So the deal is i have found a 128 sportpack manual, but its got a few more km on it than i would prefer. it has 130k km on it which is about 80k miles. Any large services or regular wear items coming up that i should know about before i commit to make sure i factor that into the price?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 03:23 PM   #24
iantm
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 128i Cabrio

Back when the 1's were new, I was a dealer tech and had some time behind the wheel of the 128i and 135i. When I decided to replace my X3, I wanted something that was smaller and more fun. I tried the Ford Focus, Audi A3, VW Jetta, and a 128i coupe. I liked the A3, but loved the 128i. The one I drove wasn't in a color scheme I was crazy about, so I told a friend who runs a car lot. He found me a 128i cabrio in alpine white with coral red leather and the sport package for me for less than what I was planning to pay for the coupe. It's not a manual (I wanted a manual, but my wife can't drive stick - so an automatic was a fair compromise), but I've been really happy with the performance. It's not as fast as a 135i (I've intentionally avoided driving a 135 since I drove that first 128i), but I'm really happy with the car. I've had the car 8 months so far. I've had to replace the valve cover gasket (not a whole lot of fun), starter motor (a lot easier than I was expecting), and a battery. I've been pretty happy with the car so far.
Appreciate 0