BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-21-2009, 01:22 PM   #23
Pamlico
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumac View Post
Why is tire rack reimbursing you for the install? Was it one of their recommended installers that did the job?
They're reimbursing me as the problem was caused by an error on their part. The O-ring and washer were mistakenly not installed when the tire/wheel/TPMS sensor/valve were assembled. The tire had zero PSI upon delivery and would go flat again within a few hours after being reinflated.

I was told I could use anyone to check the tire but a highly rated recommended installer is nearby. They removed the tire from the rim, inspected the sensor & valve and discovered what was missing. A new O-ring and washer was installed, tire remounted, wheel rebalanced and all now seems fine.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2009, 11:23 PM   #24
Mnst3r
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 135i Msport 6MT

So my local tire place took the sensors out of stock bmw wheels and putting them into my tsw wheels and then I get a call... We ran into an issue... The tech switched one of the front and rear wheels around and test drove the car... You can guess what happened.. The rim rubbed into the LF strut and the tire got serious wear... Before I could say anything to the news.. They told me that they are replacing the rim and tire and the switch over is all free of charge.. It sucks being back on stock wheels until the new equip comes in but at least they are willing to fix the problem without me asking..
      11-15-2009, 03:17 AM   #25
Mnst3r
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 135i Msport 6MT

UPDATE:
My wheels are finallly changed over and I reset the TPMS so now I am on aftermarket wheels and tires with sensors from my stock wheels. They actually look good.