BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-01-2010, 09:53 AM   #1
Maxim
Faithful to BMW and only BMW
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 128i M

iPod Docking Issue NEED HELP ASAP

My 2008 128i has iPod docking and everything was working fine until recent iPod software update. Now the car simply tells me to insert iPod and nothing is working. I use to use just the regular USB cable that came with iPod (no AUX). I took my car for a recall and also told the BMW to fix the iPod issue. After two days they called me said that I MUST use the "Y" cable to be able to use my iPod. They are making me purchase the cable (which is not a big deal) but the biggest concern for me is that I lose sound quality when using "Y" cable because it plugs in both, into USB and the AUX unlike my "previously working" situation where I ONLY plugged iPod into USB without AUX and was able to control iPod from the head unit.

Did anyone faced a similar issue? Do you guys use the "Y" cable in your 1 series?
P.S. Its not an iPod because both iPods were working fine UNTIL I updated software with iTunes.
Appreciate 0