BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-06-2007, 01:37 PM   #1
heavydropabmw
Rep
Drives:

z4m / 135i / 335i Which car for me?

Alright, this includes a lot of ifs-ands-or buts, but I assume almost everyone on this forum knows more than me, so I can take all the advice I can.

I am deployed right now in Iraq, and should be home in about 6 more months. I have to decide between just getting the car in the states, ordering it while deployed to get this special overseas deal, or take European Delivery. Here are the cars I am looking at, and be mindful that this will be my first BMW, and I just learned stick, so I am a newbie

135i - I have been obsessed with this car since I stumbled upon it. The price seems right, I personally like the styling, the power should be awsome compared to what I am used to. The cons? I wont be able to test drive it or have anyone I know test drive it before I come home, so I will miss out on that deal, and I dont know if I can take ED, who knows, it is unknown. The smaller back seats I kinda like, I dont really mind people not having much room, i mean im in the army, we are used to not being comfortable.

335i - I am in love with this car too. With the possible discounts, I could get this car for an amazing price. I know it is an awsome car, has won countless awards, and is a nice size as well. Should perform much the same as the 335i, and has a few years under the belt, so I know its a solid car.

z4 M coupe : I just read about the amazing deals on the M coupe, and I am pretty pumped. I really like the style, the rarity, and the price I could possibly get it for. A 2 seater is no problem, tho it is something i have to consider.

Overall, I love all these cars. Keep in mind a few things: I am new to sticks, I am in the army so I need some room for my gear to travel around, I will be getting this thing pretty dirty while I am out in the field. Money wise, I think I should be pretty good, with about 25-30k to burn, and making payments is fine with me because I have no other bills. I am stationed in North Carolina, so good weather, maybe some rain, but my home is in Colorado, so snow and ice. I also will have to leave this car back a year when i get deployed again. Anything you guys can offer would be awsome. Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2007, 01:42 PM   #2
Disasterpiece
I Want 1
Rep
Drives:

If i was in your situation id go for the 335i, in think it would be the best car for you!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2007, 04:31 PM   #3
kamakazitp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2000 Celica

m couple doesn't have enough room, plus getting it all dirty, no.

335i will have a bit more space than a 135i so, theres that. resale on a 335i will be higher, something to consider.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2007, 04:43 PM   #4
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

I'd go for the 135......you sound like a young guy......don't know how much gear you have, but you'll have trunk and back seat nonetheless....same engine as 335, but less $.....save the difference, invest wisely, and buy a piece of real estate post deployment....135 is going to be a very special car!!!

Please be careful out there!!! I don't support this administration's policy in Iraq, but I certainly have love, respect, and support for our brave troops!!!!!!

=
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2007, 01:06 AM   #5
heavydropabmw
Rep
Drives:

Thanks for the advice! I will be 21 when I finally come home, and in terms of gear, I will normally be hauling around about 200+ lbs of field gear and weapons, but it doesnt take up much space. I pretty much ruled out the z4 m coupe cause it is really small but i do like it, but the 135 is still my #1
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2007, 02:09 AM   #6
silversprint
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4M

what does in the field mean? These cars don't do well on anything other than smooth paved roads.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2007, 05:42 AM   #7
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversprint View Post
what does in the field mean? These cars don't do well on anything other than smooth paved roads.
good point

=
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2007, 06:17 AM   #8
128er
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Z4M
-Steptronic
-Premium Sound
-Xenons

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2007, 09:30 AM   #9
heavydropabmw
Rep
Drives:

I dont mean field as in the tank trails we normally cruise, just a few dirt roads to a range or something other, thats another point, i will be leaving this car in a large parking lot for days on end when we are training, and with all the people with big trucks and not caring, there is a big possibility of getting bumped or scratched.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2007, 09:38 AM   #10
Fast Kiwi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Si Z4R & Si X3

I think the 1 has the most potential but your right about the Z4M and the deals on them. we have a couple left here and BMW never does this type of pricing so its a good oppurtunity to jump on an other wise much more expensive car..

march of dimes event at road america a couple weeks ago.. DO IT!! lol
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 08:11 PM   #11
Sephiroth
4-6-8
India
Rep
Drives: for the fun of it

The 335i has a few more standard features but above all is a little bigger, if you can afford then get it over the 135.

The Z4M is a totally different car, more like a different animal. It might be better to test drive one before buying.