BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

09-13-2010, 05:29 AM   #45
banglemangle
Lieutenant
Azerbaijan
Rep
Drives: bmw135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taymaishu View Post
Lol! Nice bull dust kiddo No LIDAR operates in any unvisible spectrum. Seeing as though you're so in tune with how the systems operate, then you'd know that LIDAR uses much shorter wavelengths of the electromagnetic spectrum (compared to Radar/doppler pings), typically in the ultraviolet visible range. Hence when the beam narrows (say, when the target comes closer to the source), the source of the beam becomes visible.

Do as Johnny Walker, and keep walking.

Try harder next time kiddo

Yeah - just thought the fine was fair enough in the end. Has your beauty been sold yet? Was hoping for another SH drive day this year!
Are you going to resign from the forum again, or just get this thread deleted like the last one?

Last edited by banglemangle; 09-13-2010 at 06:34 AM.. Reason: banglebungle
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2010, 06:47 AM   #46
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2010, 08:10 AM   #47
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by banglemangle View Post
Are you going to resign from the forum again, or just get this thread deleted like the last one?
Thank you for the offer, but proving another forum member wrong is hardly reason for me to 'get this thread deleted' boy
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2010, 11:18 PM   #48
TBestW
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Obviously not one that i'm involved in, but now a 4th generation family business is in marine navigation systems, radar and weather modelling.
My partner comes from several generations of lawyers but I can tell you right now that he doesn't have a clue when it comes to law!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 01:22 AM   #49
BMWRX
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 CP

Garage List
2017 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Try harder next time kiddo
Quote:
Thank you for the offer, but proving another forum member wrong is hardly reason for me to 'get this thread deleted' boy
Kiddo? Boy? Aren't you only in your early/mid-20's yourself Taymaishu? All you need now is to refer to somewhat as "son" and we'll start thinking you're a crusty old man.
      09-15-2010, 02:08 AM   #50
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRX View Post
Kiddo? Boy? Aren't you only in your early/mid-20's yourself Taymaishu? All you need now is to refer to somewhat as "son" and we'll start thinking you're a crusty old man.
I refer to the mental age here.

Then again, i am starting to get wrinkles
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 05:09 AM   #51
banglemangle
Lieutenant
Azerbaijan
Rep
Drives: bmw135

Quote:
I refer to the mental age here.

Then again, i am starting to get wrinkles
Too many collisions - lol
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 07:16 AM   #52
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by banglemangle View Post
Too many collisions - lol
And too many people who aren't good with people - lol

Thought of the day: Asperger's syndrome is an autism spectrum disorder that is characterized by significant difficulties in social interaction. Completely unrelated, of course.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 09:00 PM   #53
TBestW
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
And too many people who aren't good with people - lol

Thought of the day: Asperger's syndrome is an autism spectrum disorder that is characterized by significant difficulties in social interaction. Completely unrelated, of course.
Does "social interaction" include interaction with members of an online forum? And would starting a thread announcing to everyone that you are leaving the forum be a fair indicator that there are "significant difficulties"?

Just asking.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 09:33 PM   #54
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBestW View Post
Does "social interaction" include interaction with members of an online forum? And would starting a thread announcing to everyone that you are leaving the forum be a fair indicator that there are "significant difficulties"?

Just asking.
Come on Guys and Gals..Enoughs enough..

Give the guy a break.. Pretty piss pore replies to Alex, as he seems to have left the past behind..

BUT some of you immature forum members (And you KNOW WHO you are..), just have to keep egging him on for a negative response.. FAIR GO GUYS..
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 09:45 PM   #55
Gazmoses
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 123D M-Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post

Give the guy a break.. Pretty piss pore replies to Alex, as he seems to have left the past behind..

BUT some of you immature forum members (And you KNOW WHO you are..), just have to keep egging him on for a negative response.. FAIR GO GUYS..

Here here leave the kid alone guys... at the same Tay don't leave yourself open by whining about things.

Everyone needs to build a bridge and GTFOI coz this saga really is getting old.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 10:48 PM   #56
BBK
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Quote:

Agreed that maybe some have gone too far, but Tay has to man up to some of the things he has said, which basically started the whole thing.

For a long time I have noticed the way he talks to others, the way he comes across like he knows everything and that he is always right. Claiming others to get off their high horse, whilst he sits way up above the rest of us on his.

If his attitude on these forums wasn't a problem, then maybe there wouldn't BE a problem.

I feel like the members taking this too far are only reacting to what has already been done, and there has been no closure to it. Tay coming on and posting a thread looking for sympathy by saying he is leaving, then coming back anyway without reason just added fuel to the fire.

If we are to look at ourselves and grow up, then everyone on either side of the fence has to do the same.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 11:52 PM   #57
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
Agreed that maybe some have gone too far, but Tay has to man up to some of the things he has said, which basically started the whole thing.

For a long time I have noticed the way he talks to others, the way he comes across like he knows everything and that he is always right. Claiming others to get off their high horse, whilst he sits way up above the rest of us on his.

If his attitude on these forums wasn't a problem, then maybe there wouldn't BE a problem.

I feel like the members taking this too far are only reacting to what has already been done, and there has been no closure to it. Tay coming on and posting a thread looking for sympathy by saying he is leaving, then coming back anyway without reason just added fuel to the fire.

If we are to look at ourselves and grow up, then everyone on either side of the fence has to do the same.
WELL... This exactly my point mate.. With posts like this, how is this ever to die down.

I am not making ecxcuses for past posts, but if you really knew Alex, you would realise that he is not a smart ass..he is a genuinely nice young man.

He was just biting back, as any one of us would, to cynical remarks that have been made towards him and this has really just snowballed now, with critics on his ass after every post he makes..

AND I am not posting to DEBATE this issue.. I am posting to stop the HATERS debating this issue...
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 12:01 AM   #58
BBK
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Quote:
WELL... This exactly my point mate.. With posts like this, how is this ever to die down.

I am not making ecxcuses for past posts, but if you really knew Alex, you would realise that he is not a smart ass..he is a genuinely nice young man.

He was just biting back, as any one of us would, to cynical remarks that have been made towards him and this has really just snowballed now, with critics on his ass after every post he makes..
The only way this will die down, is for Tay to man up and admit that maybe this isn't everyone elses fault and the actions/words that have been said in the past have made some people attack him.

He is a victim of his own actions, aswell as other members here.

I fear things will not be resolved unless he faces the facts head on and does something about it, instead of ignoring it or getting the threads deleted.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 12:05 AM   #59
harpoon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

my sister has aspergers. Stop typing for a while eh
      09-16-2010, 12:44 AM   #60
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
The only way this will die down, is for Tay to man up and admit that maybe this isn't everyone elses fault and the actions/words that have been said in the past have made some people attack him.

I fear things will not be resolved unless he faces the facts head on and does something about it, instead of ignoring it or getting the threads deleted.
What a waste of time this has been..

Didnt realise this forum was full of "perfect" unforgiving members..
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 01:47 AM   #61
BBK
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Quote:
What a waste of time this has been..

Didnt realise this forum was full of "perfect" unforgiving members..
Nobody has claimed to be perfect... I was just trying to point out that some things need to be resolved before people can move on.

If you can't see why this won't go away until it has been then I give-up for now...
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 03:14 AM   #62
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I agree with and respect your sentiment Zuzu, but along with many others I can see where BBK is coming from.

Let me start by saying I'm NOT perfect, but I can be forgiving. Among many other things though this annoyed me;
Following soon after another member’s awakening post about the death of his friend - and the thoughtful responses and debate that followed, Alex again made a post about how much quicker than every body else he was at “Akuna Bay”. I was surprised back then that he was posting at all after his dummy spit and resignation. He may well be a better driver than the others that were on this run and his 125 may well handle better than a 135. I don’t know. I haven’t seen him drive and I haven’t driven a 125. However, it’s just as likely that the other guys were not prepared to go as fast as him on public roads. Full respect to them.

Alex is a very enthusiastic poster, probably the most active on the Australian forum. From what I can read he can also be very generous and helpful. Maybe it’s just the Australian “tall poppy syndrome” but much of the time however I wish he’d stop to think before banging some of those posts out. I certainly don’t want to chase Alex away, I’d just like him to regain some respect by; pulling his head in a little, acknowledge that the “Thanks for the ride” post was nothing more than a weird publicity stunt/cry for attention and then keep on here with helpful posts and actions. He’d gain huge respect from many here.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 04:09 AM   #63
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:

How about you stop poking your nose in?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 04:11 AM   #64
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMc View Post
I agree with and respect your sentiment Zuzu, but along with many others I can see where BBK is coming from.

Let me start by saying I'm NOT perfect, but I can be forgiving. Among many other things though this annoyed me;
Following soon after another member’s awakening post about the death of his friend - and the thoughtful responses and debate that followed, Alex again made a post about how much quicker than every body else he was at “Akuna Bay”. I was surprised back then that he was posting at all after his dummy spit and resignation. He may well be a better driver than the others that were on this run and his 125 may well handle better than a 135. I don’t know. I haven’t seen him drive and I haven’t driven a 125. However, it’s just as likely that the other guys were not prepared to go as fast as him on public roads. Full respect to them.

Alex is a very enthusiastic poster, probably the most active on the Australian forum. From what I can read he can also be very generous and helpful. Maybe it’s just the Australian “tall poppy syndrome” but much of the time however I wish he’d stop to think before banging some of those posts out. I certainly don’t want to chase Alex away, I’d just like him to regain some respect by; pulling his head in a little, acknowledge that the “Thanks for the ride” post was nothing more than a weird publicity stunt/cry for attention and then keep on here with helpful posts and actions. He’d gain huge respect from many here.
Thanks for the sentiment, but your post to me, proves what you're trying to say about "Tall Poppy Syndrome".

You know when i joined this forum in Q2 last year it was fantastic.

Since posters like Bangle, mattyv have started to get active/join, and blatantly go on the warpath and flame people such as myself that USED to post to help people out or ask for help, the forums have gone downhill.

You only have to match up the posts of those members to the reactive posts of me and realise where the issue lies.

And if people are just going to continue to flame for no reason, to continue attacking me, just to get the response, then i'm going to keep on leaving myself open to you idiots. At the end of the day, i'm better than you BBK, because at least I can move on and forget - it seems you and the others who cause the trolling comments and negativity on these forums can't.

Used to be a great place before you immature posters (and you know who you are) came along.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 05:48 AM   #65
BBK
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Quote:
Thanks for the sentiment, but your post to me, proves what you're trying to say about "Tall Poppy Syndrome".

You know when i joined this forum in Q2 last year it was fantastic.

Since posters like Bangle, mattyv have started to get active/join, and blatantly go on the warpath and flame people such as myself that USED to post to help people out or ask for help, the forums have gone downhill.

You only have to match up the posts of those members to the reactive posts of me and realise where the issue lies.

And if people are just going to continue to flame for no reason, to continue attacking me, just to get the response, then i'm going to keep on leaving myself open to you idiots. At the end of the day, i'm better than you BBK, because at least I can move on and forget - it seems you and the others who cause the trolling comments and negativity on these forums can't.

Used to be a great place before you immature posters (and you know who you are) came along.
Man... I guess I see why you don't want me to poke my nose in

Mattyv by the way, has been on here a YEAR longer than you! I also have been here longer than you. But I am not saying I am any better, nor add anything more to this forum than anyone else. Saying that it all turned downhill when we came along? Do you even understand why that doesn't make sense?

As far as what I could see, nobody went on the warpath out of the blue. It was building up for quite some time before Bangle turned it up a notch. You came across as arrogant a long time before things turned sour. Do you not understand that they are acting out frustrations because of... YOU?

You completely dismissed my posts above, just like have completely ignored the whole reason this has turned into a sh** fight.

The funniest thing, and probably my biggest issue, is that your selective hearing (reading) ignores the comments that your 'Leaving' thread was just a publicity stunt (thanks TimMC that's a good term) which got exactly what you wanted (kind words from people who know you) and a reaction from the people who find you irritating. Then come back as if nothing happened? Your credibility went south... quickly...

It's probaby not even worth my time posting this, because you will not see our points, and go on thinking that it is everyone else's fault but yours. Maybe... just MAYBE... this issue begins with yourself. It doesn't matter how nice you are in real life, or your good intentions. Seriously, you have come across in many threads before this as a righteous know it all who can do no wrong. And this is probably why people are attacking you.

If you ignore this, then anything that happens in the future is your own doing. I feel like I'm talking to deaf ears.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 06:07 AM   #66
MickyD
(Damned or Belated)
Rep
Drives: Le Mans Blue 120D M Manual

this thread is a perfect example of why I don't really bother with this place anymore, and the perfect example of the Forum Lifecycle, thought it's the fastest I've ever seen the degeneration happen.
I've seen this on numerous other forums (especially car related forums), I know there's a few ex-MINI2'ers here, and the Australian section on that was a perfect example - there used to be dozens of posts a day, heaps of brilliant get togethers, and it was FUN, I made a couple of lifetime friends through that place, but nowadays there's lucky to be 5 posts a week on there, and most of the Australian posters have moved on to another forum (and/or another car).

The below is a fairly dated block of text, but I think it one of the earlier recognitions of this lifecycle. (quite similar to the Storming/Norming/Forming/Performing/Transforming/Mourning cycle of group dynamics as well, not coincidentally)

Quote:
The lessons offered by Usenet are relearned by just about every online forum, usually in the most painful manner possible. This sequence of events, repeated often enough to be called an archetype, runs as follows. With awareness, care, and enough willing, the forum can renew and refresh, cycling through the middle stages indefinitely.

The Beginning, when there were only a few people, and everyone cared and things didn't quite work the way they were supposed to and the inner workings of the software was clear and comprehensible. The unwritten rules and meta-rules make their first appearance, often mirroring the attitudes and personalities of the founders.

The Golden Age, when you could always count on interesting interchanges, most of the personalities are familiar but there are enough new faces for things to be interesting. During this phase the software achieves a relatively stable form, the unwritten rules are written down so that they need not be explained and re-explained, it's a period of growth and discovery.

The Decline, the formation of cliques and factions, incidents of abuse, of intellectual violence and namecalling. The software becomes encrusted with patches and extensions, the unwritten rules are flouted regularly and the meta-rules all but forgotten. It is a time of either shrinking membership, or overwhelming growth.

The Fall, an incident, whether social or technical that makes everybody realize that things aren't like they used to be. It usually leads to a revision or addition to the software as this is the easiest thing to fix.

The Present which is either a Golden Age or the Decline Of Everything Decent and Good, depending on whom you ask.

The Diaspora Is the process of people moving on to found new CommUnities or join others, often spreading mannerisms and ideas from one forum to the broader set that is the InterNet.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread