Drives: Black '12 135i - Sold

Great pictures.
      08-24-2011, 12:19 PM   #24
PaulTheHero
Driving a bmw makes you smile everyday.
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 545i E60

Awesome car Awesome trip Awesome track !

Really like your write up. My compliments!
Makes me feel if i'm on one of my weekends @ the ring.
Tiergarten hotel i slept serveral times met alot of great people. Sometimes waking up with a terrible hangover haha.

The photos you made are great. This must be an great experience, to do this with your own car. That you are going to drive in the usa. Now you can proubly put a ring sticker on the back! And say you have driven there with your 1M. Awesome!

Greetz
      08-24-2011, 07:11 PM   #25
Plautos
Private First Class
Brazil
Rep
Drives: 1M

Such a small world!

I was in Green Hell the same date you did!

Me and my friends were having lunch in the same hotel you stayed. I saw you there that day wearing the M shirt!

I also have a picture of your car doing the Karussell on my facebook… and I think I have a video of me tailing you with a Megane R26R.

In Brazil the 1M is being homologated… I think in a few more months I will be able to put my hands on one… unfortunately it will be a white one… Brazilian BMW importer decided to import only whites and blacks…

Anyway… nice trip and congratulation for the car!

See you around!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 09:14 PM   #26
1mGator
1mGator
United_States
Rep
Drives: Valencia 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver View Post
Great pictures.
Thanks .. love your avatar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulTheHero View Post
Awesome car Awesome trip Awesome track !

Really like your write up. My compliments!
Makes me feel if i'm on one of my weekends @ the ring.
Tiergarten hotel i slept serveral times met alot of great people. Sometimes waking up with a terrible hangover haha.

The photos you made are great. This must be an great experience, to do this with your own car. That you are going to drive in the usa. Now you can proubly put a ring sticker on the back! And say you have driven there with your 1M. Awesome!

LOL .... I felt the same way about the ring sticker, have to drive the ring to put it on the car. Ditto on the hangover, fortunately the day AFter driving. It was special to do this with my son .... hope to get back there sooner than later.

Greetz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plautos View Post
Such a small world!

I was in Green Hell the same date you did!

Me and my friends were having lunch in the same hotel you stayed. I saw you there that day wearing the M shirt!

I also have a picture of your car doing the Karussell on my facebook… and I think I have a video of me tailing you with a Megane R26R.

In Brazil the 1M is being homologated… I think in a few more months I will be able to put my hands on one… unfortunately it will be a white one… Brazilian BMW importer decided to import only whites and blacks…

Anyway… nice trip and congratulation for the car!

See you around!!!
That's cool .... I bet the Megane was fun to drive! Please send me the pic if you can as I could not find a photographer that got us going through the Carousel .... would love a clip of the video if you can as well. Good luck in getting one . and oh, you will love the Alpine White .... we have an X5 in that color and it is awesome ..... at least you may be able to do the "M" stripes on your car.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 04:41 AM   #27
comar1979
130i Treiber
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 130i

Garage List
Very nice
# BMW 130i /// + SPARCO Assetto Gara 8x18 bronze + KW + PP SteeringWheel II +PP Exhaust +PP Kidneys + PP AirFilter + PP Style Flaps + PP SS Kit + AC-Schnitzer Gear Knob + MorVision Diffusor + LCI Blacklines high + GroundZero-Audio #
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 07:01 AM   #28
Plautos
Private First Class
Brazil
Rep

I think that´s you... I´m not sure... these are 13/08 pics...

http://www.uedn.de/showimage.php5?im...1/DSC_0006.jpg

http://www.racetracker.de/index.php?...10&tagsort=BMW

these are 14/08... here are you! swiss plate!

http://www.racetracker.de/index.php?...08&tagsort=BMW

Last edited by Plautos; 08-25-2011 at 07:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 09:21 AM   #29
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

To the OP -

From that video you posted above, do you remember going through the gate and heading down the first straight to T13 (the first complex with the armco barrier on the actual apex)?? There was a white Mini Cooper D with black stripes that followed you out of the gate and went past not long after?

That was ME !!!

I have you on an iPhone video because my passenger saw you at the gate and decided to film you! I'll get the video and post it up. Your car looked fantastic. I wish I knew you were a forum member as I'd have come over to give you a proper lap of the 'Ring!

Incidentally, that Audi S3 you see parked in the armco on the left hand side - he spun that right in front of me turning too fast on the wrong part of the track at Metzgenfeld 2. He tanked past me on the entrance to it, turned in too late and got on the slippery side of the track. I could see he jumped off the throttle when he started to understeer wide and the 4wd system just spun the rear end around. It demonstrates how fine a line it is between the correct line and the very wrong line. He's lucky it wasn't wet on that corner, otherwise he would have just gone straight on instead of spinning and gone head-first into the barrier. As it was, he damaged the entire right side of his car (I saw it being trucked back) and his wheels were pointing in slightly odd directions!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 10:13 AM   #30
Bme30
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
E92 fan I do remember you too (I'm 1mGators son), I remember the audi passing and then in the wall moments later. Its great that there are so many people on this forum that were that day.

Plautos...Great find! More is always better! Putting up a clip of that video would be awesome!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 04:07 PM   #31
1mGator
1mGator
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plautos View Post
I think that´s you... I´m not sure... these are 13/08 pics...

http://www.uedn.de/showimage.php5?im...1/DSC_0006.jpg

http://www.racetracker.de/index.php?...10&tagsort=BMW

these are 14/08... here are you! swiss plate!

http://www.racetracker.de/index.php?...08&tagsort=BMW

Thanks so much ... the first one is absolutely us in the Carousel. I appreciated you passing along the sites ....
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 04:12 PM   #32
1mGator
1mGator
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post
To the OP -

From that video you posted above, do you remember going through the gate and heading down the first straight to T13 (the first complex with the armco barrier on the actual apex)?? There was a white Mini Cooper D with black stripes that followed you out of the gate and went past not long after?

That was ME !!!

I have you on an iPhone video because my passenger saw you at the gate and decided to film you! I'll get the video and post it up. Your car looked fantastic. I wish I knew you were a forum member as I'd have come over to give you a proper lap of the 'Ring!

Incidentally, that Audi S3 you see parked in the armco on the left hand side - he spun that right in front of me turning too fast on the wrong part of the track at Metzgenfeld 2. He tanked past me on the entrance to it, turned in too late and got on the slippery side of the track. I could see he jumped off the throttle when he started to understeer wide and the 4wd system just spun the rear end around. It demonstrates how fine a line it is between the correct line and the very wrong line. He's lucky it wasn't wet on that corner, otherwise he would have just gone straight on instead of spinning and gone head-first into the barrier. As it was, he damaged the entire right side of his car (I saw it being trucked back) and his wheels were pointing in slightly odd directions!

Yes, I do remember .... not sure what I was thinking but we went hard out of the gate passing folks and then I said to myself "I don't know my way around here" and looked for a group to follow. You sure took off! We were talking to people after the ring taxi ride to find forum members and Steve79 was the only one we saw but he went out earlier when it was still a little to wet for my taste. I would have loved to follow someone who knew the rack and towards the end of my lap I found an e46M3 to follow that was a good driver ..... fun!

If you can post the video and your trip (if you caught the audi spin) that would be cool. It was cool that there was a motorbike spin also (he was OK) ... was that part of an exchange with the Audi?

Peace!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 01:28 PM   #33
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

holy!!!.... HELL!!!!....

ED w/ these driv'n roads + nurburgring = ///Magnificently Epic
this combo is a must on ED imo

again, thx 4 shar'n adventure, n in full detail might i add

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2011, 03:30 PM   #34
Euro_M_Driver
Private
Rep
Drives: 1998 BMW 3 series M conversio

Awesome pix bro! Trying to do a ED on a Carbon Black X5M. Will post pics when it happens
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 06:14 AM   #35
1mGator
1mGator
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by the infamous... View Post
holy!!!.... HELL!!!!....

ED w/ these driv'n roads + nurburgring = ///Magnificently Epic
this combo is a must on ED imo

again, thx 4 shar'n adventure, n in full detail might i add
Thanks for looking .... highly recommend those roads to everyone ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3NTAL E30 M3 View Post
Awesome pix bro! Trying to do a ED on a Carbon Black X5M. Will post pics when it happens
Awesome .... I have an e46m3 CB/Cinn and love the color ..... good luck!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 09:06 AM   #36
Plautos
Private First Class
Brazil
Rep

here we go! after 4 months! go to 4:30min.

Finally I got an 1M and it is Orange! I´m going to pick it up this saturday.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #37
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

Wow the E30 is sick. Again beautiful pictures and write up.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 09:09 AM   #38
1mGator
1mGator
United_States
Rep

Plautos, congratulations .... I was hoping that was me you passed in the video (great driving) but that was the guy from england .... you will have to post up some of your laps after you get your new toy broken in!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 09:22 PM   #39
rossii
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: with wheels

Cant think of a better way to pick up your car......AWESOME! Yeah I'm jealous......
      12-03-2011, 09:09 AM   #40
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDORPHN View Post
P.S. Are you going to confirm I was correct about the Messerschmidt
I think you mean Messerschmitt
      12-05-2011, 09:03 PM   #41
Plautos
Private First Class
Brazil
Rep

yay! that´s me on sunday!

Oktane Trackday Londrina 2011 04/12 por Thiago Costa [ Tspvc ], no Flickr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBHvKJoTgoU

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mGator View Post
Plautos, congratulations .... I was hoping that was me you passed in the video (great driving) but that was the guy from england .... you will have to post up some of your laps after you get your new toy broken in!

Last edited by Plautos; 12-05-2011 at 09:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 05:04 PM   #42
1mGator
1mGator
United_States
Rep

Wow, that did not take long to "break her in the right way" ///// congrats .... nice video too! Have fun!
Appreciate 0