BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-17-2014, 03:24 PM   #1
2011 135i MSport Conv
Rep
Drives: 2011 M Sport Conv Lemans Blue

2011 135i E88 Conv. with Nav drops radio presets

My M Sport Convertible periodically drops the radio presets I have programmed. It has also dropped the settings for the programmable keys. I can't see a pattern to the problem. I restart the car and the stations are gone, or others have been substituted in the memories.

Is this a known fault?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 02:39 PM   #2
2011 135i MSport Conv
Rep
Drives: 2011 M Sport Conv Lemans Blue

Back from the dealer. There is a service bulletin covering this problem which says low voltage is the problem. They checked the error codes and sure enough, low voltage was an issue. A new battery was installed, and when I got the car back, presets I had actually lost were again displayed. Another symptom which was not covered in the service bulletin is the Display Brightness setting by the iDrive control. I would set it for maximum and when the car woke up from sleeping, the brightness would be set back to the nominal setting. Now the setting is maintained at max after wake up. It looks like it is repaired. I now believe that the performance of a few other computer controlled features were effected by the low voltage problem. All seems well.
Appreciate 0