BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-11-2010, 09:28 PM   #1
digital12
Private
Rep
Drives:

HPFP Being Replaced

Hi All,

My AW 2008 with 24000KM is getting a new HPFP tomorrow.

I dropped off the car this morning after not driving it for 2 weeks after my engine light went on.

It happend right after I filled up... I gave it some gas and basicly the car felt like it was old Hot Rod, almost stalled on me, and holly cow was it running ruff. It felt like it was missing lots of power.

The dealer had my car all day, my service person said they tried to update the software 3 times, and it did not fix the issue.

The service person said they needed to keep the car overnight to replace pump.

BMW of Mississauga is really good..... they didn't offer a loaner, but I also did not ask for one. I do have another car to get by.

Does the the software thing make any sense to anyone?

Any ideas if the software upgrade fix anything else, and what I should look out for?

Thanks

Guido
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 11:56 AM   #2
ModlessG
Private
Rep
Drives:

Yep the software update is just to buy time. In the mean time you probably have less power. It happens gradually at first you really don't notice it. Then eventually at about 4000 rpm it feels like the traction control just kicked on. Take it back in and demand a new hpfp it will run better.
Appreciate 0