BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-18-2022, 01:41 AM   #1
angelolotino
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i, 1987 BMW 325is

N55 PS2 Boost Leak?

https://datazap.me/u/angelolotino/lo...ta=4-5-7-15-18

2775: Air mass, plausibility: Air mass too low. (THIS IS THE ONLY CODE I'M GETTING.)

Currently on basemap with wedge, haven't been able to get any revisions since I'm not hitting boost. Any guidance on where I should check, or any common problems that cause this? Is that code a normal code to have on a tuned car? I am noticing an RPM drop to around 500 on cold start, but it goes back up after warming up. I'm able to get clean pulls with no CEL, etc. Only problem is I'm not hitting boost target. Anything helps! Thanks.

135i List:
Injen Intake
Pure Stage 2 Turbo
Evolution Racewerk Chargepipe
ETS Front Intercooler
Precision Raceworks Ignition Coils

Work I've Done So Far: (Was getting boost leak before these installations aswell.)
Duralast New Mass Air Flow Sensor DL-3099
NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plug 97506 x6
Injen Intake
Precision Racewerks Spark Plug Wires
Valve Cover Gasket
Just ordered a boost solenoid to replace, haven't installed yet.

Last edited by angelolotino; 08-18-2022 at 01:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2022, 08:22 AM   #2
ErvGotti
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.00]
That code is a boost leak code, you have a boost leak. Start with the connections from the turbo to the intercooler to the charge pipe. Make sure all silicone couplings are seated properly and that the clamps are seated on the actual pieces and not just clamping on the silicone. Also switching to T bolt clamps might help, I had a boost leak once due to the crap screw clamp supplied with my intercooler
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2022, 11:36 PM   #3
ferocity02
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

I have a nearly identical setup. I tested for leaks by pressurizing the entire intake system starting at the air filter using a custom adapter made from some plumbing bits. You need to unhook and block the PCV port on the Injen pipe first or else you will pressurize the engine block (not good). I got up to 25psi and found a few clamps that needed to be tightened. Only thing this won't test is how well the BOV is sealing.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 10:32 AM   #4
TWO STEP TEX
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelolotino View Post
https://datazap.me/u/angelolotino/lo...ta=4-5-7-15-18

2775: Air mass, plausibility: Air mass too low. (THIS IS THE ONLY CODE I'M GETTING.)

Currently on basemap with wedge, haven't been able to get any revisions since I'm not hitting boost. Any guidance on where I should check, or any common problems that cause this? Is that code a normal code to have on a tuned car? I am noticing an RPM drop to around 500 on cold start, but it goes back up after warming up. I'm able to get clean pulls with no CEL, etc. Only problem is I'm not hitting boost target. Anything helps! Thanks.

135i List:
Injen Intake
Pure Stage 2 Turbo
Evolution Racewerk Chargepipe
ETS Front Intercooler
Precision Raceworks Ignition Coils

Work I've Done So Far: (Was getting boost leak before these installations aswell.)
Duralast New Mass Air Flow Sensor DL-3099
NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plug 97506 x6
Injen Intake
Precision Racewerks Spark Plug Wires
Valve Cover Gasket
Just ordered a boost solenoid to replace, haven't installed yet.
So you replaced the valves cover gasket but not the valve cover? I'm going through the same issue, same codes. Turned out to be the valve cover. I installed the knock off that ECS sells last year and it's already failed.
Appreciate 0