BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-08-2010, 08:33 PM   #1
'fatboy'
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Hoons should just go away and die

So I’m minding my own business on the M1 from Geelong back to Melbourne when 2 E36’s (one blue M3 and a green 3 series sedan) decide to fly past me and begin playing games right in front of me (I saw them join the freeway an exit back).
Firstly they decided to straddle three of the right hand lanes between the two of them and brake test the cars behind (trucks included). I move all the way across to the left lane and go past. Clearly this was a sign that I wanted to ‘race’ them. They both speed up and appear to box me in and then brake test me. Managed to find a gap between the two wankers and go past… Then they pull right up behind me (I’m surprised I didn’t get a love tap) and kept taunting me. I really wasn’t sure what the right thing to do was so I kept at my cruise speed and a close watch on my mirrors…
Then they spot a skyline R32 GTsomething further up the road and proceed to do the same to him.
At this point my wife is on the mobile and reporting these idiots. Probably guessing that someone is reporting them, they veer across to the exit just before the west gate bridge.
I cannot stand P-platers getting behind the wheel of performance cars (in the case of the M3) and driving like theirs and other road users’ life do not matter. Whilst a 10-15 year old performance car sits perfectly in most P-platers budgets, it creates the sort of perception that gives other performance car owners a bad rep.
I’m sure many people behind me would have just thought… 3 f*cking BMW’s mucking around.
This is something I’m sure we all have to deal with in our 1’ers and it’s really annoying. To be honest, I usually choose to drive my wife’s Golf TSI on Friday and Saturday nights simply because it isn’t worth the hassle.
Btw – this incident happened on Saturday afternoon.
I wonder if they post of the 3 series forum…
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2010, 08:43 PM   #2
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'fatboy' View Post
So I’m minding my own business on the M1 from Geelong back to Melbourne when 2 E36’s (one blue M3 and a green 3 series sedan) decide to fly past me and begin playing games right in front of me (I saw them join the freeway an exit back).
Firstly they decided to straddle three of the right hand lanes between the two of them and brake test the cars behind (trucks included). I move all the way across to the left lane and go past. Clearly this was a sign that I wanted to ‘race’ them. They both speed up and appear to box me in and then brake test me. Managed to find a gap between the two wankers and go past… Then they pull right up behind me (I’m surprised I didn’t get a love tap) and kept taunting me. I really wasn’t sure what the right thing to do was so I kept at my cruise speed and a close watch on my mirrors…
Then they spot a skyline R32 GTsomething further up the road and proceed to do the same to him.
At this point my wife is on the mobile and reporting these idiots. Probably guessing that someone is reporting them, they veer across to the exit just before the west gate bridge.
I cannot stand P-platers getting behind the wheel of performance cars (in the case of the M3) and driving like theirs and other road users’ life do not matter. Whilst a 10-15 year old performance car sits perfectly in most P-platers budgets, it creates the sort of perception that gives other performance car owners a bad rep.
I’m sure many people behind me would have just thought… 3 f*cking BMW’s mucking around.
This is something I’m sure we all have to deal with in our 1’ers and it’s really annoying. To be honest, I usually choose to drive my wife’s Golf TSI on Friday and Saturday nights simply because it isn’t worth the hassle.
Btw – this incident happened on Saturday afternoon.
I wonder if they post of the 3 series forum…
You're spot on.

For me it's pretty much a daily occurrence that i had some person wanting to race. Of course I do have the odd play around - but certainly not brake testing other road users.

Yesterday for example - sitting on the speed limit and just giving the odd throttle tap with an E46 M3. Loved his car, sounded divine.

Out of nowhere there's a 120i hatch tailgating me and pulls between myself and the M3 revving up... I laughed a little inside then pulled away on an on-ramp.

But it is surprising to see how many 318s and 323s with 20" chromies and bonnet scoops are being driven around by P-platers. Funnily enough, they're shocking drivers.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2010, 11:31 PM   #3
amk2912
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 40d & '12 F10 520d

I had a few tossers in rice-burners try it on but I don't respond. Gives me more satisfaction to piss them off by not biting. At my age I'm past trying to prove who's got a bigger d*ck - cos I know I have!

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2010, 11:38 PM   #4
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amk2912 View Post
I had a few tossers in rice-burners try it on but I don't respond. Gives me more satisfaction to piss them off by not biting. At my age I'm past trying to prove who's got a bigger d*ck - cos I know I have!
And well said!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 01:39 AM   #5
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

I'm a P plater with a fully sick 320i with ghetto black wheels, tint and even a sticker on my window which gives me more hp. I took a lexus at the lights the other day because the guy cut from the back of the queue to the front by going in the left lane, which was blocked after the lights. I felt awesome.

I'm kidding. I am a P-plater though and these types of drivers royally piss me off. I don't get why everyone thinks they're top s#it. There's no way I would try and take a 135/335/M3 etc... If you were at the lights next to me I would certainly say "nice car" but unlike others I wouldn't feel the need to race you. Do you think they do it to impress YOU or themselves? I've had people try to take me but like.. whatever... I let them drive off WOT and make them feel like they're racing themselves basically. Just don't hate all P platers - we're not all bad, unfortunately many are .

Quote:
Originally Posted by amk2912 View Post
Even as a young driver I feel the same way. (Despite not being in an M3)
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 01:54 AM   #6
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
I'm a P plater with a fully sick 320i with ghetto black wheels, tint and even a sticker on my window which gives me more hp. I took a lexus at the lights the other day because the guy cut from the back of the queue to the front by going in the left lane, which was blocked after the lights. I felt awesome.

I'm kidding. I am a P-plater though and these types of drivers royally piss me off. I don't get why everyone thinks they're top s#it. There's no way I would try and take a 135/335/M3 etc... If you were at the lights next to me I would certainly say "nice car" but unlike others I wouldn't feel the need to race you. Do you think they do it to impress YOU or themselves? I've had people try to take me but like.. whatever... I let them drive off WOT and make them feel like they're racing themselves basically. Just don't hate all P platers - we're not all bad, unfortunately many are .

Even as a young driver I feel the same way. (Despite not being in an M3)
It's not only that. It's the whole "I'm going to dump half a tank of fuel and put people's safety at risk just to use the full range of revs, only to have you pull up next to me again at the next set of lights".

I had a Nissan Pulsar rev it hard next to me at a set of lights on Concord Road last week, around 9pm. 4 guys in the car, loud music. Revving the fuck out of his engine. I quickly changed my iPod to some Opera and cruised off in D - sure enough the wankers next to me floored it and 'beat' me. I'm the one who got the bigger laugh though, i'm sure of that
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 02:45 AM   #7
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taymaishu View Post
It's not only that. It's the whole "I'm going to dump half a tank of fuel and put people's safety at risk just to use the full range of revs, only to have you pull up next to me again at the next set of lights".
so pointless. One saturday night I was coming back through the city and this horrendous purple commodore SS was edging me on. WOT to hear the V8 roar, then back off when he hit 50 haha. We met at like 4 sets of lights before he got the idea I wasn't into it. I was just afraid it was one of those undercover cop cars, they're always those gross green/orange/purple colours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taymaishu View Post
I had a Nissan Pulsar rev it hard next to me at a set of lights on Concord Road last week, around 9pm. 4 guys in the car, loud music. Revving the fuck out of his engine. I quickly changed my iPod to some Opera and cruised off in D - sure enough the wankers next to me floored it and 'beat' me. I'm the one who got the bigger laugh though, i'm sure of that
my mates think im ridiculous but my first few radio favourites are 92.9, 102.5, 89.7, 99.3 ,94.5 hahaha . There's nothing better than cruising home on a Friday evening listening to some jazz that being said, theres nothing like some good old Drum n Bass, Dubstep, House etc..

I'm a strange one. Go figure.

Last edited by sbce90; 08-09-2010 at 02:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 03:05 AM   #8
'fatboy'
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

I don't mean to generalise my comments to all P-platers... I've been a plater in a VL commondore once upon a time and even then had to deal with all my other doof doof peers.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 05:11 AM   #9
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

It is a bit of generalisation, but I found many P platers just have no road sense. Males and females alike. I often finish work late at night, and this one time a commodore flew past me as I was thinking about overtake the car in front of me doing 80 in a 100 zone. Luckily I was feeling a bit melode that night I decided to follow the car instead. The commodore didn't have its lights on and was travelling at least 160. I would have taken out by it if I have had decided to overtake.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 10:39 AM   #10
jkho
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Black MY09 E82 125i Coupe

driving without headlights on at night... SMARTS !
      08-09-2010, 06:49 PM   #11
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1///M

Or too slow in the right lane with no headlights on. Some people should not be on the road. Only goon gets on the news, some other should too.
      08-23-2010, 12:34 AM   #12
05C4R
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

thats sweet of you to be playing with a couple 10 year olds in a sand pit with your new match box cars

oh 555 deleted his post.

Last edited by 05C4R; 08-23-2010 at 12:44 AM.. Reason: ignore my sar car stick comment
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 02:43 AM   #13
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
I've had my car for over a year now and can't think of any time when someone has gone out of the way to race me... Not even skyline owners!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2010, 03:39 AM   #14
RadiuM
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i, 97 GTR VSpec

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
I've had my car for over a year now and can't think of any time when someone has gone out of the way to race me... Not even skyline owners!
same, I even try sometimes and no-one will

In my GTR though its a different matter, every mofo want's to race, or more likely to see how fast an angry sounding car like that can go.