BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-29-2010, 02:19 PM   #1
Rosaymaan
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

BMW PS vs Nav, Conv., HK Sound vs aftermarket install...

Any thoughts here?

I am thinking of sliding in BMW PS over one of the following packages in my new 1er: Nav, Conv, HK Sound. Is the stock suspension really that poor when driving hard? I haven't been able to push the car in a test drive so I can't really tell....

Do you get that good a deal by purchasing it as part of the car vs aftermarket install? Do you pay for labor?

I'm leasing so it will be a pain to do this after the fact.... but will do it if necessary bc I'm planning on purchasing out of the lease. With that in mind, is Dinan or another brand worth holding out for considering the price savings of ordering PS as an option?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2010, 05:53 PM   #2
GaryS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 6MT

Garage List
2009 135i  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosaymaan View Post
Is the stock suspension really that poor when driving hard?
Some review I read said the 2011 sport suspension is better - I don't know. But if it's the same as the 2009, it sucks at any speed. I would definitely get the PS before nav. I'd also get it before the premium package unless you have a bad back and must have adjustable lumbar. But that's my taste. I would also get the PS before I'd spend money on a tune, wheels, or any kind of cosmetics, probably even before non-rft.
Appreciate 0