BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-11-2008, 01:26 PM   #23
plien69
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

I believe that people who have Premium see "Logic7" somewhere in their audio settings.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 06:40 PM   #24
1Ronnie
Ronnie
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 Sedona 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTdrivin1 View Post
Well i sent this service bulletin into my service guys, thinking i'm giving them the answer they couldn't figure out. they said it didn't apply to me because this is for the basic radio only, and my build sheet says i have hi-fi. but there's another service bulletin out there for the hi-fi system where it experiences the same thing. apparently, this all requires a software fix, which won't be out until the september timeframe.
I think your Service Guy might be wrong. There are three different Amps used in 1ers, these are all documented here:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/attac...1&d=1207504825

The three Amps are "Stereo", "HiFi" and "HiFi Top", of those only the HiFi Top system uses the MOST BUS, both of the other two Amps are affected by the problem documented here. Now .. according to the document I referenced, the reason they need the MOST BUS in the Top HiFi system is to handle DSP signals from the HeadUnit.

In NA the "Premium Audio Option" = "Top HiFi" , and other than the hidden better speakers, and the hidden hi-power Amp, the Premium System has Logic 7 DSPs. As already mentioned in this thread the best way to spot if you have Premium Audio, is to check if it has DSP support.

Therefore, if you do not have the DSP soft-button on the BMW Professional Head Unit's 2-line display, your stereo does not use MOST, and is vulnerable to the problem documented in the Service Note.

Finally, as the RAD2 system need to know if there is or is not a MOST BUS in play ... I would not be expecting a fix to this problem any time soon. It's been around since 2006 on the E90's so don't hold your breath.
      06-11-2008, 06:41 PM   #25
Mad Dragon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 GTI

Hi-Fi is the base radio. Premium Hi-Fi is how the Logic-7 system is listed on DCS.

RAD2: If you hit the "♪" button and scroll over, you'll see the L7 presets.
CCC: Logic 7 should have its own sub-menu on the audio settings.

If you're not sure what you have, you can PM the last 7 of your VIN to me and I'll check DCS.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 09:20 PM   #26
JTdrivin1
1 Love
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6MT

ahhh... see i didn't think the base radio was called 'hi-fi'. i looked in all the settings, and didn't see anything about L7.

that stinks this has been around forever. that music as you're pulling out of your driveway gets you all geared to go, and then it mutes out a couple of times and ruins the moment. eh, as is life...
Appreciate 0