E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Nav Retrofit Kit

10-29-2005, 10:09 AM   #1
Ex's335
Private
Rep
Drives: 95 civic,

Nav Retrofit Kit

BMW North America has made the parts available for a NAV retrofit kit. The NAV retrofit can usually be installed but sometimes it depends on other options and/or your cars build date. You should contact your dealer or BMWNA and tell them your VIN and they should be able to tell you if the kit is supported or not. The retrofit kit part number is:

CCC Retrofit/Conversion Kit US: 65 90 0 390 844

I found this on the E60 Forums. I don't know if this can be done for the E90s but, it doesn't hurt to ask. Just some info I thought I'd share for those without the Nav that may want to get it later.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2005, 10:22 AM   #2
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by questjack06
BMW North America has made the parts available for a NAV retrofit kit. The NAV retrofit can usually be installed but sometimes it depends on other options and/or your cars build date. You should contact your dealer or BMWNA and tell them your VIN and they should be able to tell you if the kit is supported or not. The retrofit kit part number is:

CCC Retrofit/Conversion Kit US: 65 90 0 390 844

I found this on the E60 Forums. I don't know if this can be done for the E90s but, it doesn't hurt to ask. Just some info I thought I'd share for those without the Nav that may want to get it later.
This will not work on an E90 b/c the E60 5er already has iDrive, a screen and all that, an E90 without nav does not have any of that. If you did not get iDrive/nav there is not going to be a way to get a factory unit. You would need a new dash, center console, and all the actual electronics for the iDrive, voice command etc.
Appreciate 0