BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-06-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
TMR013
Opus Angelus
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2 Coupe

Help! Slice on the drivers seat.

Somehow managed to get about a 3 inch cut on the bolster of my ette seat. Its not all the way through, bu I can see the fiber in the cover. If I don\'t somehow seal it up it will probably tear.
Anybody know if those leather and vinyl repair kits you see on TV work? Or if you have any better ideas?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
OdomPHD
I break for no one
United_States
Rep
Drives: e9o "Vanity 2"

Might as well order a new seat.

If you trade into BMW for a new ride they'll deduct the price (or very near it) for a new seat from your trade in if they see a massive 3 inch repair in the center of the seat. But, if you plan to keep your ride past 5 or 6 years from its production date (i.e. the trade in will be so low value they cannot deduct for a minor tear) just try the repair kit and/or throw a seat over it if it distracts you like it would me.

I feel for ya, though. This crap happens. And that's why I only get leather in my leased vehicles and only buy leatherette ones... I've torn so many seats with cell cases, sitting on keys, etc. that I know it will happen eventually so if I plan to keep the vehicle for sometime I actually plan that into my future "what if.." scenarios. Leatherette is a much cheaper replacement than leather.. lol
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #3
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

Find an upholstry shop that does good quailty vinyl repair work. It will cost $150 or so and you won't be able to tell. If you try one of those kits yourslef you will probably be able to see it, then it will cost even more to have it repaired.
Appreciate 0