BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-29-2009, 12:20 PM   #1
135forthewin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: sideways

Helene Streamline Filter: Cleaning+Oiling?

Hey guys,
I've had the Helene Streamline filter on my car for about 6,000 miles now. How often does the filter need to be cleaned/oiled? Also, what do you use to clean and oil the filter?

Thanks
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2009, 08:11 PM   #2
Esmallstii
Systematic Chaos
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

I always just gave my oiled filters the look over,..if it looked pretty dirty,..then I'd clean it and re-oil. Used to go 10,000 miles between, but depends on how dirty / dusty the roads are where you drive.
Also,...
Did you notice any increase in throttle response? Does it make the turbos any more noticeable?
BSM/Coral red/Sp pkg/Cft access/Htd seats/BMW Performance Pedals, Spoiler, & Rotors/18" VMR V710's/Hankook Ventus/Cool Carbon Pads ."The 135i's engine sound is so ferocious and bittersweet, so carnal and wicked, somebody ought to name a heavy-metal band after it: Velvet Chain Saw."
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2009, 12:16 AM   #3
135forthewin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: sideways

What did you use to clean and re-oil and where can i purchase the stated items?
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2009, 05:15 AM   #4
BMW-driver
Drive carefully :)
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 1M Valencia Orange

Did you notice performance increae with the Helene Streamline?
Appreciate 0