BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-12-2016, 05:42 PM   #23
MBan
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe

Thanks vtl and questionable.

I'm a bit concerned about how low the B12 kit will be, particularly at the front, but there doesn't seem to be many other options, hence thinking about the poor road spacers... which may raise the car too much. BMW Performance springs with B6s is possible but the springs end up being almost as much as the B6s once I pay shipping.

Keeping my M Sport springs and pairing with B6s is now looking like a strong chance but I'd prefer to get a little extra spring rate while the suspension is getting done (and a mild drop wouldn't hurt).
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2016, 06:02 PM   #24
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBan View Post

I'm a bit concerned about how low the B12 kit will be, particularly at the front, but there doesn't seem to be many other options, hence thinking about the poor road spacers... which may raise the car too much. BMW Performance springs with B6s is possible but the springs end up being almost as much as the B6s once I pay shipping.

Keeping my M Sport springs and pairing with B6s is now looking like a strong chance but I'd prefer to get a little extra spring rate while the suspension is getting done (and a mild drop wouldn't hurt).
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/for-BMW-E...MAAOSwKfVXLEIx

You can take apart these camber plates and use it as a spacer to increase the ride height by 9mm. I've bought these and the stud pattern is the same for E8x and e9x. Test fitted them on some spare strut mounts and all mounts up fine. Bought longer bolts for the camber plates but haven't had the time to fit them yet.

Can be sandwiched between the dinan plate and the strut top. So 6.35mm for the Dinan plate and 9mm for the camber plate is around 15mm. So plenty of options to increase the front ride height
      10-12-2016, 08:42 PM   #25
questionable
S50B32
Australia
Rep
Drives: E30 318is

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBan View Post

Hey mate i ran the spacers purely because i couldn't get my coilovers up high enough they just sat way to low. i have had no issues, for what its worth maybe buy a set of coilovers they are becoming cheap enough these days, stuart at BMR usually has a set of second hand ones or will do you a good deal on some new ones
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2016, 04:31 AM   #26
koastal
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87

I have a set of BC ER,s on my 135 that have done 150,000ks and a few trackdays etc. They are still quiet and a pleasure on the street and track

I bought them of Advan.
For the record the 135 is .05 slower around Lakeside than the M2
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2016, 05:43 PM   #27
OzJustin
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i AT Monaco Blue

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBan

Another option is moving to the B14 for height adjustment. They're a bit more expensive but might solve your problem. Redline360 store is the best price I've seen.
      10-13-2016, 09:50 PM   #28
John_01
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

B14 allows you to adjust the front height to make it lower, but AFAIK, it doesn't have much flexibility to raise it higher than the B12 kit. I'm happy to be proven wrong.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2016, 10:28 PM   #29
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_01 View Post
B14 allows you to adjust the front height to make it lower, but AFAIK, it doesn't have much flexibility to raise it higher than the B12 kit. I'm happy to be proven wrong.
You're right, the drop height of the B12 kit is the same as the max height of the B14s. Height adjust only useful if you put in a rough road package spacers in
      10-21-2016, 12:29 AM   #30
MBan
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe

Thanks all, I've been busy with other stuff - including buying suspension - so haven't checked this thread in a while.

I ended up buying Bilstein B8s and BMW Performance springs from CA Technologies in the UK and front control arms, Dinan rear shock mounts and various OE install parts (thanks vtl for the shopping list!) from FCP Euro.

Lastly, I'll be ordering some nolathane rear subframe bushes.

I'm pretty happy with the parts I've chosen but only time will tell if they give me the result I'm after.
Appreciate 0