09-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #23
Piets94
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 94 M3, AW 1M, M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimasRS View Post
Do you have a tune?
And once again your solution was o go in to lower gear thats it?
No tune. Only happens in 5th+ gear, only occasionally, and once it's occurred, it won't happen again on that journey, almost like the car has adapted or something. It happened once in 3rd going up a hill with WOT, but generally does not happen by dropping to 4th. Still trying to suss it out -eg. MDM on/off, m-mode on/off. Not a traction issue as too violent a reaction and no flashing orange light on the dash.
Kind of annoying that of an engine with this much torque, you have to drop from 6 to 4 to pass under WOT because you're not sure if the boost will cut on you. Like I said though, very rare occurrence.
Not sure that this helps the OP, but if it is what they are experiencing also, good to know others may have similar issues. Now to work out if something is amiss or just character...
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #24
trinity_2200
Private
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piets94 View Post
Not sure if I have exactly the same issue BUT it sounds similar. I have experienced what feels like the boost cutting out under WOT in higher gears (5, 6) from 80+ kph, say when passing. It's a distinct jolt at about 2.5k revs that instinctively makes you get off the throttle. Can't say if I've noticed that the ac affects it as I drove with ac off most of the time.
I thought knock sensors or plugs, but dealer has shown no codes on 2 occasions now. Not sure if that helps, but I just pass in 4 th now, quicker no doubt
to me,it did feel like boost cut together with some vibration,it happen about 2
to 3 seconds in WOT,it just happened suddenly。This is the first time i encounter this issue
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 03:47 AM   #25
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

Dack unfortunately I think you were right about my seal and clutch... Yesterday evening did a few pulls on 5-4 gears and sometimes even RPM was jumping a bit. Now I dont know is it my Stage 2+ makes clutch slip because it is to week or clutch is in oil.
Which clutch should I get oem or maybe ACT street kit?
Looks like I will have to wait with blacklines... shoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Your gonna have to R&R the trans and driveshaft, then remove the clutch and flywheel. Then you will see that rear main (engine) seal. Its a lot of work. I would go ahead and replace your clutch(press plate, disc, throwout bearing and resurface your flywheel) while you are in there.

G.L.
Dack
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 06:46 AM   #26
1 eM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

I had this stuttering effect when shell changed their petrol from optimax to Nitro. After a tank or 2 it went away. My guess is thats its octane or the firing system. Had a service and changed the plugs and filter etc and it hasnt reoccurred since. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 07:49 AM   #27
Stratus650
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 1er M Coupe

Happened to me too, more than twice, just avoided WOT on 6th
Appreciate 0