E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Will I be the first 325xi in Montreal????????????

10-26-2005, 01:34 PM   #67
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d 421,000kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by findtom
I gave full marks across the board, with a 1 point deduction for the delivery of the car since it had the front plate on it. Maybe it wasn't their fault, but still...

That's actually a pretty impressive number of Montreal members. A Montreal meet would be cool. I want to do some of the BMW Driver Training classes when they start again in the spring too... if some other E90post members would be up for that it would be fun I think.
I keep thinking the BMW driver training would be fun...but the Quebec chapter of the BMW Canada club actually rents the track up north instead of just poking around pylons all day.....

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2005, 01:38 PM   #68
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 545i

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StewtheBassman
BTW my sales guy says there are only 5 xi 325s delivered in Canada so far, and 3 from Jalbert.....could this be????
That's pretty cool. I'm seeing more and more E90s on the road, soon they will be as common as the E46. Enjoy it while it lasts!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2005, 01:48 PM   #69
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
Quote:
I keep thinking the BMW driver training would be fun...but the Quebec chapter of the BMW Canada club actually rents the track up north instead of just poking around pylons all day.....
I was looking at that. There was an October BMW Quebec event set for this track http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com/ but it was cancelled because it isn't paved yet.

I would love to get out on a track. I'm dying to open this baby up but the 8 demerit points on my driving record are keeping me from doing it. Although I must confess earlier today I found myself alone on the 20 between Sources and St-Johns and took it up to 210km/hr very briefly.

Only thing about the track though is I could see myself going through 3 years worth of tire tread and brakes in a day.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2005, 01:58 PM   #70
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: superstock

Stew: CONGRATULATIONS - tomorrow is the big day.

I know exactly how you must feel like - I had that feeling almost exactly one week ago. I got mine last Friday at 15:00 pm.

I came back early that day from a conference at Tremblant.

I looooove my car. Last Saturday I mounted my winter tires myself (M5 replicas with Dunlop M3 runflats) - mags look as good (almost as the stock ZSP mags). Unfortunately I not very tech inclined and need help (from my brother-in-law) in posting pictures. But once I sort out my issues, I'll post some pictures in the appropriate forum.

I have yet to see ANY e90 ixs in Montreal.

We Montreal fanatics should/must get together to celebrate our e90s.

I have seen some e90s but not nearly as many as I would have thought. My salesperson told me that first real wave of deliveries occured late summer and occur as we speak , so I guess it will be over the winter time that we will really start to see e90s around.

This car is head and shoulders more substantive than before (not that there is anything wrong with the previous generation. It is just that the e90 feels more upscale, as well as more sophisticated. Compared to my old Audi 1.8T engine, the NG6 is a revelation. Love the manual transmission clics as you row through the gears. The sports seats are extremely confortable. I found that (so far) the ZSP suspension is less harsh than I was prepared for; however shock travel is less and therefore one must exercise caution over our well-travelled roads, lest winter potholes swallow said suspension, tire and mag and leave us with messy expensive repairs- nothing that a little self restraint in the winter speed department cannot cure. Until one drives it, it is not obvious how much larger and longer it really is compared with the previous generation. And, last but not least, the looks are simply awsome live, much better than any picture can convey.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2005, 01:59 PM   #71
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:

I have decided that the Level 1 and 2 driver course will comprise my mid-life crisis gift next year. So, yes, it would be fun around summer time to get together with some of the other e90 members for the course(s).
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2005, 02:04 PM   #72
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerista
I have decided that the Level 1 and 2 driver course will comprise my mid-life crisis gift next year. So, yes, it would be fun around summer time to get together with some of the other e90 members for the course(s).
Did you see the prices on the more advanced courses?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2005, 02:06 PM   #73
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Did you see the prices on the more advanced courses?
I know - vewwy vewwy expensive-however, they do involve M3s, Tremblant track and some food and lodging, so, for those who want to make a mini-vacation of it, it is just about justifiable.

I am looking (seriously) at the first tow levels (the level 1 full day course and the level 2).
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2005, 02:29 PM   #74
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
Quote:
I know - vewwy vewwy expensive-however, they do involve M3s, Tremblant track and some food and lodging, so, for those who want to make a mini-vacation of it, it is just about justifiable.

I am looking (seriously) at the first tow levels (the level 1 full day course and the level 2).
I'm looking very seriously at Advanced 1 and 2 whenever they start doing them again in the spring. So I guess I'll see you there.

It should be fun. Stew, are you in? Any other Montrealers?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2005, 02:43 PM   #75
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

Yah I'm in!

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2005, 02:46 PM   #76
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Yah I'm in!
Excellent - I guess in spring it is then. Of course we should try to get together even before that time.

Anywho, Stew, let us all know how it goes tomorrow and, especially, how the e90 ix drives.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2005, 03:01 PM   #77
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
Quote:
Excellent - I guess in spring it is then. Of course we should try to get together even before that time.

Anywho, Stew, let us all know how it goes tomorrow and, especially, how the e90 ix drives.
Awesome... and yes we should get a Montreal meet going. We certainly have enough members for it.

Stew, you should bring your camera on delivery day... I wish I did. I hope for your sake you end up picking it up in the morning, because it will make that day a heck of a lot shorter! I admire your patience thus far though... wheee tomorrow's the big day.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2005, 03:32 PM   #78
mBechara
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 325I Idrive

I am for a Montreal meeting
      10-26-2005, 07:56 PM   #79
Wolf359
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

All I can say is maybe (Depends on when and where)... The only sad thing is that we are rapidly going towards the winter season (Already 20cm of snow in Sherbrooke today!), I'm getting my winter pack tomorrow and I know that until April, the car just won't look the same...
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2005, 08:16 PM   #80
ssam
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: carefully

Hi Montrealers,

of course I m in for a Montreal meet....we should do it before december (too cold after) or delay it until march/april

It would be nice to go together to the bmw driving course....do you have an idea of the prices?

Stew congrats on your car !!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2005, 08:18 PM   #81
ON325i
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 325i

Garage List
2006 e90 325i  [0.00]
You have no idea how much jealously I have over any cars without front license plate. A car just does not look as nice with a piece of external metal stick on the bummer.
      10-26-2005, 08:27 PM   #82
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreslogic
You have no idea how much jealously I have over any cars without front license plate. A car just does not look as nice with a piece of external metal stick on the bummer.
I would cry if I had to put that thing on.

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2005, 08:40 PM   #83
ssam
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: carefully

I agree coreslogic

At least we have this advantage : no front plate for our beautiful cars

But it s a consolation for you when you think about our devastated road here in Montreal....
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2005, 09:24 PM   #84
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

And our corrupt government, ha ha.
Thanks. I'll take my 10D to the delivery tomorrow evening and shoot it in the dealership....then it's off to pumpkin viewing at my girls' Montessori school in Ste Lazare.

CAN YOU SPELL "ADAPTIVE HEADLIGHTS" kids????????????????????

I LOVE MY NEW CAR AND I DON'T EVEN HAVE IT YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2005, 09:29 PM   #85
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I was looking at that. There was an October BMW Quebec event set for this track http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com/ but it was cancelled because it isn't paved yet.

I would love to get out on a track. I'm dying to open this baby up but the 8 demerit points on my driving record are keeping me from doing it. Although I must confess earlier today I found myself alone on the 20 between Sources and St-Johns and took it up to 210km/hr very briefly.

Only thing about the track though is I could see myself going through 3 years worth of tire tread and brakes in a day.

How did you lose 8 points????

Good thing you didn't get a 330i!!!!!!!!!!!!

My feelings too about going to a track. If I were on a track with an instructor, however, I'd enjoy learning the fine points of cornering and all that rot.

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2005, 09:33 PM   #86
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf359
All I can say is maybe (Depends on when and where)... The only sad thing is that we are rapidly going towards the winter season (Already 20cm of snow in Sherbrooke today!), I'm getting my winter pack tomorrow and I know that until April, the car just won't look the same...
It'll look like it's back in Germany in the mountains, proudly zooming around past all the Audis and Benzes.

Seriously, I bought a Mastercraft 2hp compressor last week on sale at Canadian Tire for $188, and I'm going to get an air ratchet thingy so doing my own winter wheels doesn't take an hour like last year. Can you say Nascar tire change? I'll still have to make sure I find the right jack points on the chassis, I'm sure that won't be too hard. I like to change my wheels the night before the snow is coming!

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2005, 09:37 PM   #87
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssam
Hi Montrealers,

of course I m in for a Montreal meet....we should do it before december (too cold after) or delay it until march/april

It would be nice to go together to the bmw driving course....do you have an idea of the prices?

Stew congrats on your car !!
Advanced I is $290
Advanced II is $480

It seems like they cover the same topics except Advanced I is a half day, and Advanced II is a full day. They are prerequesites for the more advanced courses.

Info is here: http://www.bmw.ca/drivertraining/dt_main.asp?lang=en
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2005, 09:39 PM   #88
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

The half day thing is new. Too short for me, I'd want to spend a whole day hammering on their nice 330s.

I got a promo last year for the Winter school at Montebello. It's a two day thing, with only 16 people. You get to punish X5s and X3s on the specially made trails there for two days. It was $3k or something.

Whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Appreciate 0