BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-17-2015, 12:45 PM   #1
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

Exclamation Datazap Update! Data filtering/trimming, video embed, and more!

I know a lot of you may not frequent the 335 forum, so just wanted to make sure you all knew about the update! It's been a while but I have a sweet Datazap update that I think you'll like. I finally had the time to give Datazap a much needed cosmetic update, and I've added in some features that many people have requested.

Before I get any further you'll notice I do not support XLS/XLSX files any more. 99.9% of people have CSV files to begin with, so for those who actually do have BavTec XLS logs, just convert it to a CSV and then upload it (I put a link on the FAQ page for a free/fast online tool that will convert XLS/XLSX files to CSV for you).

On to the changes...

Log Upload / Chart Creation / Increased file size
- There are now 2 separate CSV upload forms. One for standard english CSV files that use a period for the decimal-mark, and the other is for international logs that use a comma for the decimal-mark. Additional processing is required on the non-english logs (and on some other random log types that use weird line breaks or separators). For the vast majority of users who have the standard english period decimal mark, I've increased the upload size to 5MB per log.

- Drag & drop upload. You can now drag your logs directly onto the drop-zone (or you can click browse).

- Giving your log a title is now not required. The system will give your log a generic name if you don't fill in the title field. The only thing required to create a page is the log file(s).

- You can now add a youtube video to your log page. I thought that would be a useful thing to include to help give people more context when looking at the log (i.e.... dyno pull, 1/4 mile run, or trying to demonstrate an issue that the log is representing).

This is what the new form looks like. It's way more clean:

Here's what a log page looks like when you have a youtube video added:

Chart Interaction - Trimming/Filtering Data
- A lot of people have requested this one... You now have the ability to trim your log based on a user adjustable min/max of any logged value. It's super easy (obviously non-desutrctive, you can always revert it). Here's how it works:

Say you have a long log with a bunch of pulls that are spread out like this:

Click the trim button in the upper right and choose a parameter you want to filter by.

Use the slider to set the minimum and maximum value - everything outside of that will be hidden, the chart will be condensed and everything will be easier to view. Here's the same chart after setting the minimum value of boost to 5.. it hides everything in between the pulls:

Profile Page changes
- Here's what the updated profile page looks like. I've added the ability toggle the privacy of a log directly from here so you can quickly make things private or public:

hope you guys like the changes! I have some other cool things planned so stay tuned!
Appreciate 0