BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-16-2015, 10:48 PM   #67
bippie999
The One
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 m135i coupe sport package

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris82 View Post
I would increase the compression at all 4 corners by a click and see if it helps. If it does, then keep increasing it click by click until you're happy with it. Undo the adjustment if it makes no difference
Thanks, I'll try that next weekend. Going to the track to test everything out!
2008 135i coupe w/Sport Package, aFe cold air, TC Kline DA suspension/Camber plates. AA Charge pipe/BOV, cat-less Downpipes, and AA FMIC. SuperSprint mid-pipes, Cobb V3 AP, and Corsa muffler, Wavetrac LSD, M3 contol arms and bushings + RSFB, Rear Toe-control arms, Front and rear H&R sway bars, shock tower brace, Hawk track pads, Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Enkei wheels.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 10:21 AM   #68
bippie999
The One
United_States
Rep

Wow! with the M3 control arms/bushings and H&R sway bars, shock brace, and minor alignment and shock changes the car handles soooo much better now. This afternoon I will boost my AP from Stage one to Stage 2 and we'll really see what it can do here at Grattan.
2008 135i coupe w/Sport Package, aFe cold air, TC Kline DA suspension/Camber plates. AA Charge pipe/BOV, cat-less Downpipes, and AA FMIC. SuperSprint mid-pipes, Cobb V3 AP, and Corsa muffler, Wavetrac LSD, M3 contol arms and bushings + RSFB, Rear Toe-control arms, Front and rear H&R sway bars, shock tower brace, Hawk track pads, Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Enkei wheels.
Appreciate 1
      09-27-2015, 12:43 PM   #69
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bippie999 View Post
Wow! with the M3 control arms/bushings and H&R sway bars, shock brace, and minor alignment and shock changes the car handles soooo much better now. This afternoon I will boost my AP from Stage one to Stage 2 and we'll really see what it can do here at Grattan.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 06:26 PM   #70
BMW135pls
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bucket of screws and sadness

Quote:
Gahh, can't wait to get my suspension parts installed! I have almost all of them and it's killing me. These were supposed to be installed mid summer, but then life happened and now it's almost snow tire season, a.k.a. "self-control mode: engaged"
      09-28-2015, 08:41 PM   #71
bippie999
The One
United_States
Rep

Yeah, it's really handling great, except when I tuned off the DSC and the rear end went out around turn 7. Instead of keeping my foot on the throttle to steer it, I panicked and lifted causing the car to wag back and forth, and ended up going off the track rear end first, but no damage.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 08:47 PM   #72
BMW135pls
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bucket of screws and sadness

Quote:
Yeah, it's really handling great, except when I tuned off the DSC and the rear end went out around turn 7. Instead of keeping my foot on the throttle to steer it, I panicked and lifted causing the car to wag back and forth, and ended up going off the track rear end first, but no damage.
Ouch, glad to hear no damage though. Suddenly lifting throttle gives you more of what you don't want. Best just to power through it and counter steer when that happens. Out of curiosity, what are your alignment specs like now?
      09-28-2015, 10:32 PM   #73
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW135pls
Quote:
Ouch, glad to hear no damage though. Suddenly lifting throttle gives you more of what you don't want. Best just to power through it and counter steer when that happens. Out of curiosity, what are your alignment specs like now?
Not always.

If there is room to bail, you play safe and go off. Trying to play hero and saving the car doesn't usually end well
Appreciate 1
      09-28-2015, 11:12 PM   #74
135TX
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31 View Post
Not always.

If there is room to bail, you play safe and go off. Trying to play hero and saving the car doesn't usually end well
I've seen it turn to a tank slapper... into a wall
You'll never regret pursuing what you really want....ever. You will, however, regret NOT doing things you wanted to do.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2015, 08:32 PM   #75
bippie999
The One
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW135pls View Post
I need to practice more not just correcting like I did, but intentionally getting the rear end out and keeping it out and under control with the throttle, so when it happens again unexpectently, I will be prepared to do the right thing.

My settings are as follows:
Front - Camber is -2.8 and Toe is 0 (or a little out)
Rear - Camber is -1.8 and Toe is 1/8th" or 3 mm IN.

It seemed to really stabilize the car under rapid acceleration! Next year I will get wider wheels and tires. (and go to Skip Barber or BMW performance driving school?)
Appreciate 0