BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-22-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
siegester
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Looking to buy a used 135i

Hello all,

I'm quite new here as you can tell. I'm currently in the process of narrowing down what I'm interested. I had been looking at the 370Z, but decided that I may want more power, a car better suited as a daily driver, and a car that can hold a carseat if it is needed in the future

Currently, I am not willing to spend extra money for a new 135i just to make sure I stay well within my budget. Also, I am very picky and have found the almost perfect car for me. Could you guys help me determine what a fair price for the car should be?

Car Information
$27,700
1 owner
2009 135i 6MT
27,000 miles
Le Mans Blue Metallic
Black Leather
Silver interior trim
Heated seats
M Sport Package

Is $27700 a fair price? Also, what option is required in order to have hands free Bluetooth?

Thanks Everyone.

Also, if anyone is wanting to sell their car in Late February or Early March, below are my must haves
Blue or Black Exterior
Manual Transmission
Navigation
Leather

Preferred options
Le Mans Blue Metallic
Black Interior (no brown)
Silver Interior Trim (or dark trim, no brown wood trim however)
Bluetooth
Heated seats
Keyless entry/security system

Last edited by siegester; 01-22-2011 at 06:38 PM.. Reason: more information
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
Top Gon
Bashar
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW Z4 M40i

I think that's a fair price especially if it's CPO and has warranty extended
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
siegester
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
I've contacted the seller, but not yet heard back whether it is a certified pre-owned car or not. I'm also checking to see if it has the extended warranty or not. How important is this for BMWs? My previous car's I've never purchased this since I like to do some mods.

I'm trying to learn all the acronyms, is CA the Comfort Access aka Keyless entry? If so, this car does have it.

HK = Harmon Kardon? I wish this car had it, however it does not

If the car is certified and checks out well, is $27,000 a decent price to pay?

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 09:25 AM   #4
jpd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 135

Let me answer the easy stuff. Harmon Kardon was not offered in 2009. BMW had their own upgraded system although many believe it was made by HK. Only a BMW dealer offers certified cars and costs around $1500 extra. CA is indeed comfort access. Make sure you get a Carfax at the minimum. I will caution you that repairing BMWs and other German premium makes is much more expensive than other makes. It also appears that you are willing to buy from a previous owner on the open market. Here, you may save a few Ks but you increase your risk of not having the protection of a certified car.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 09:43 AM   #5
randomquickness
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996tt

if you'd consider white, I'd hook you up!
      01-23-2011, 10:38 AM   #6
siegester
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Thanks for all the information guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxnix View Post
There are some good cars for sale here and in Roundel and some that have been withdrawn from sale but are still available.

HK equivalent in 2009 was called Level 7 or something close to that. One in Georgia is nicely optioned out with Dinan S2 tune and 6MT.
Is Roundel the BMW magazine? Also, do you have any more specifics on the car in Georgia? I'm looking for it on Autotrader now

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomquickness View Post
if you'd consider white, I'd hook you up!
I do like white, however I tend to keep my cars for a long time. For example I've had my RSX for 9 years now. Because of this I prefer to get exactly what I want the most, or as close to exactly what I want as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
Let me answer the easy stuff. Harmon Kardon was not offered in 2009. BMW had their own upgraded system although many believe it was made by HK. Only a BMW dealer offers certified cars and costs around $1500 extra. CA is indeed comfort access. Make sure you get a Carfax at the minimum. I will caution you that repairing BMWs and other German premium makes is much more expensive than other makes. It also appears that you are willing to buy from a previous owner on the open market. Here, you may save a few Ks but you increase your risk of not having the protection of a certified car.
I am willing to buy a non certified car but, I'd prefer a certified car if possible. Will the base warranty still transfer if the car is not certified?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 01:29 PM   #7
jpd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 135

Be very cautious of buying a car with mods. Maxnix makes and excellent point about a pre purchase inspection. A search in Addicts will reveal a host of horror stories regarding warranty denials to 1Series coupes with mods and associated repair issues. Let your head guide you in a purchase and not your heart.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 06:22 PM   #8
longboy4
Rep
Drives: 335

370-ZONKmobile?

....You will be happy with this number (135) over the NISSAN "Turtle car"!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2011, 04:29 AM   #9
blackbim14
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 black bmw 135i coupe

you could always look to lease unless you have a lot of miles to drive. That way you get a lower rate and a warranty. If you want to mod then it all depends on you risk tolerance. good luck, its a great car
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2011, 10:27 PM   #10
siegester
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
I want to mod, however i'm not going to do many mods for quite some time.

maybe BMW sport suspension, wheels, window tint and maybe add some fog lights. Other than that no mods for quite some time as it will be my DD.

Found out the car I was looking at is not a certified car. I may just pass on this car and wait to find a Montego/Le Mans blue car closer to me in a month or two.

I need to do some more research, but what exactly are the benefits of the car being certified? Wouldn't non-certified cars still be able to transfer the factory warranty?

Longboy, I really like the Z. However, I really like forced induction more , and a little more room inside the car. Not to mention I'll need somewhere to put a car seat in a year or two probably.

Leasing is not really an option right as I have a 110 mile round trip commute on days I do not carpool, and 130 mile round trip commute when I do carpool. So I'll probably average 20k-25k miles a year on the car until we can sell our house and move closer to work.

Thanks again everyone.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 09:03 AM   #11
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

assuming it's not a CPO, I'd say you could get it close to 26-27k and take it that'd be a good deal for you. With CPO the current price is an already good deal but can't hurt to wiggle a few bucks off!
Appreciate 0