BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-11-2014, 12:51 PM   #23
scottn2retro
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcaron9999 View Post
Interesting...
You are saying that your rotors are now get over-cooled?
Are you considering other brake pads as well, or are you locked in to RB pads due to oversize rotors?

Edit: just went to your first post again, and remembered you are using a full double axle BBK set up.
This is definitely not on my to do list, due to costs. I was thinking on going with an RB caliper rebuild kit, SS lines, and perhaps front rotors (either RB or quality blanks). I will also likely continue to use aftermarket brake pads (PFC08) with some cooling hoses. The PFC08 are simply awesome as a dual duty pad, with surpisingly no noise on the street, and quite adequate on the track with minimal fade when rotors and pads get too hot ...
For the pads we are using, to be in their optimal operating temp range, we may not need coolling.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 11:21 PM   #24
scottn2retro
Major
Rep
Drives:

Hi All - An update on where we are with the brakes. For us, we found that switching to Carbotech XP-24 fronts and Hawk DTC-60 rears really worked well for us. Our drivers like the 'feel' and modualtion much more now and the brakes and car are kicking butt.

At the recent BMW Club Races at Road Atlanta, Ralph got an overall field win in the 135i with this new setup.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 11:25 PM   #25
scottn2retro
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcaron9999 View Post
What pads have you been using? Are you using flex piping for cooling?
We are now using Carbotech XP24 fronts and Hawk DTC-60 rears. For the pad pattern we have for these calipers, other than the RB pads, the only other racing pads I could find for the fronts were Carbotech and Cobalt Friction. There are quite a few pad makers for the rear pads, but for the deal on Hawk DTC-60's from Tire Rack, they're hard to beat.

When this pair of CarboTech's wear out, we have some Cobalt Frictions (their best compound) that we'll try as well.
Appreciate 0