BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
ericmcfly
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i coupe

terracotta leather gone from BMWUSA

planning on ordering a 135i- just noticed the terracotta option is not longer - any idea what happened??
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #2
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmcfly View Post
planning on ordering a 135i- just noticed the terracotta option is not longer - any idea what happened??
Loved that color combo on all cars... No idea, you may be able to special order it through the dealer?
      03-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #3
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i

Ya I noticed that the other day too. Ocationally I go o the website and rebuild my cars config just see if the price changes and I noticed terra is gone. I'm guessing because it probobly wasn't picked often. Isent back an forth so many times between that Color and coral but in the end I had wanted coral for so long so that's what I chose. Sometimes still kick myself for not getting terra though as its much more rare and so classy
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 10:50 PM   #4
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is AW/Black 6MT

The ordering guide I had said end of production (EOP) was 02/13 for terra cotta leather and blue water metallic. Suspect both were EOP due to those not being popular choices. I thought both looked good with the right combos, but probably a cost cutting thing too.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #5
golf_234
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46, E90, F30

i think there is a saddle brown now or something.
      03-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #6
CallahanBrakePads
Registered
Rep
Drives: mx5

I was actually hoping to order one with the Terra as they are tough to find on the used market. Anybody know if they will replace it with Saddle Brown or something similar?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #7
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

I wonder if you can still custom order it, but may just have to pay more? I've seen the terra on a few and is pretty nice.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 12:30 AM   #8
simianspeedster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 840i Coupe

Yes, Terra Cotta leather reached EOP in February as did Blue Water Metallic paint and Light Burl Walnut interior trim. I believe these moves are all being made to "make production room" for the upcoming Lifestyle Edition Package which will offer Mineral White paint, a brown and black leather interior and Fineline Wood trim. I don't believe any of those choices will be available outside of the Lifestyle package. It's the end of the road for the good ol' 1 Series and this should be the final tinkering by BMW.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 10:36 AM   #9
EatMyDust
Recovering Audiphile
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i; 2007 X3; 2001 A4

I ordered Alpine White/Terracotta but they pulled the terra just before my production slot. My broker said they would do Mineral White and Tobacco leather, which he described as a rich dark brown but which half the pictures I saw looked like a dull washed out gray. Didn't want to take the chance so switched to a Space Gray/Oyster set up instead. Hope I made the right choice ... too late to change now anyway.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 11:10 AM   #10
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyDust View Post
I ordered Alpine White/Terracotta but they pulled the terra just before my production slot. My broker said they would do Mineral White and Tobacco leather, which he described as a rich dark brown but which half the pictures I saw looked like a dull washed out gray. Didn't want to take the chance so switched to a Space Gray/Oyster set up instead. Hope I made the right choice ... too late to change now anyway.
Eat (figure I know you well enough to call you by your first name) - two things. First, the broker talking about mineral white with tobacco leather, that's only on that special edition model, the lifestyle edition, which not sure how much that package is, think it's like $2k more:

http://wot.motortrend.com/files/2013...on-cockpit.jpg

Second, I actually just saw and sat in a space gray/oyster 135is at Beverly Hills BMW, so I'll pop in a link here so you can see it since I imagine you can't find many in that combo to even see. Granted, their pictures all seem squished and for some reason they do most their photoshoots with the dealer prep stuff still on it!!! I went and looked at the car though cause I was really debating and struggling with color choices, too and was 95% sure on mineral grey, but had to see it, and compare to carbon black and space gray to be sure. Keep in mind though, the lighting and their photography is kinda crappy, but hopefully it'll help you out:

http://www.bmwofbeverlyhills.com/new...0ce7caa42e.htm
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #11
EatMyDust
Recovering Audiphile
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i; 2007 X3; 2001 A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
I actually just saw and sat in a space gray/oyster 135is at Beverly Hills BMW, ... and compare to carbon black
Thanks for the link Greg ... that boat has sailed for me (or hopefully will in the next week depending on the back up in Bimmer heaven), but the pics do make me feel good about my choice. If I had a garage to keep it in I would have gone for carbon black for sure ... but mine is going to live on the street and I didn't want to be washing it twice a week.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 06:56 PM   #12
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Not sure if there even are any other space gray/oysters out there, so glad I know of at least one to see pictures of. As you probably saw, it's hard to gauge TOO MUCH from their pictures cause everything looks squished and the lighting kinda sucks, but I saw it in person and sat in it cause I wanted to see a space gray "is" one. Just go buy that one.

The carbon black is pretty and a very interesting color, as you swear it's black, but at the right angle it does look like a hint of blue, and if in direct sun at a weird angle you can see almost a rainbow in the flecks there. But, the dealer I went to that had one in mineral grey and one in carbon black after it had just rained the night before...man, that carbon black one look trashed and dirtier than all hell. Even when dirty, the space gray will still look good.

Actually, just paroozing the vast world of the interweb and there is a space gray/oyster 135i in Fremont if that's anywhere near you or you want to see one in that combo in person. No pics on their website, but it's there:

http://www.thefremontautomall.com/ne...6223366675.htm

Also, while not a 1-series, here's a space gray with oyster x3:

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=563003

Last edited by gregthegr8; 03-16-2013 at 11:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #13
Upora
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '13 135i Limited Edition

Has anyone yet tried to order the terracotta leather after 2/13?

I am so pissed that I didn't order one prior. Now that I'm at a point where I want to order now, I'm at a loss for words....
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 06:23 PM   #14
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Sounds like you may want to look into the BMW Individual program to try to still get or the other viable option is to order one of these "lifestyle edition" 135s that have a darker tobacco-colored interior with some other unique touches.

Or perhaps a dealer can find one across the country in dealer inventory made before March 1 that has it, though I imagine those are quite rare. Looks great with alpine white and I almost ordered it back in the day with sparkling graphite.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #15
Upora
Enlisted Member
Rep

Greg, May I ask what the BMW individual program is? Is that Priority 1?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #16
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

I don't know too much about the individual program, I just know it gives you the ability to custom order just about any color exterior or interior they have to offer, which of course you have to pay more for. Your local sales person would probably know and don't know if you can even get it that way or not or if it's just gone for good.

I think your best bet if you're intent on the terracotta is to have your dealer do a nationwide search first to see what might be out there that's available with it and hopefully there's one spec'd out the way you want. Getting it from a dealer 1,000 miles away is likely a better option than having to pay a pretty penny to get it custom done and it would also add to the wait/build time as well.

Or, check out the picture in thread #10 up there, which I guess I'll re-paste in down here which shows the brown interior available with the lifestyle edition 135i, which isn't up on the bmw configurator's website yet, but should be available through your dealer. I think there are threads on here about the price of that package and should be on the ordering guide as well. I think you can only get that package though in mineral white or space gray exteriors. The rims are pretty at least. The brown leather on the steering wheel is kinda weird looking to me at least.

Hopefully you can find or get exactly what you want and not have to pay through the roof to get it.

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #17
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is AW/Black 6MT

Hey Upora, welcome to the hunt!

Here's an AW/teracotta that has been on their lot for a few months now. Not sure if you are looking for a 135is, and a convertible, but I bet you could swing a nice deal on this one. Trucking it back to TN would probably be $1,000 to $1,500 from CA depending on how much time you want to spend shopping it (still a lot less than BMW Individual program). You could also negotiate a good shipping rate with the dealer as part of the deal.

http://www.bmwconcord.com/details/Ne...UN7C54DVM27304

If you were really serious and wanted someone independent to take a look at the car first, I could probably drive over and look at it for you. I spoke with a salesman there at one point who was very low key, low pressure and I can send you his name if you want - PM me.

Good luck with your search!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #18
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

And for good measure, a seemingly base 135 in Vermillon Red with Terracota in Minnesota.

http://www.motorwerksbmw.com/detail-...-10198669.html
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 08:44 PM   #19
Upora
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
And for good measure, a seemingly base 135 in Vermillon Red with Terracota in Minnesota.

http://www.motorwerksbmw.com/detail-...-10198669.html
Oo Thats terracotta?!. If thats really how light that is.... I remembered it looked alot more brown when it was on the website...
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #20
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Ya, it's a pretty orangey brown, having seen it in person before on an alpine white. Someone on here was selling a used alpine white with terracotta interior in Florida I think. Should try to find a user's pics or some good ones online. They look a lil more orange in that dealer's pics, but it's not that far off.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #21
Upora
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouper View Post
Hey Upora, welcome to the hunt!

Here's an AW/teracotta that has been on their lot for a few months now. Not sure if you are looking for a 135is, and a convertible, but I bet you could swing a nice deal on this one. Trucking it back to TN would probably be $1,000 to $1,500 from CA depending on how much time you want to spend shopping it (still a lot less than BMW Individual program). You could also negotiate a good shipping rate with the dealer as part of the deal.

http://www.bmwconcord.com/details/Ne...UN7C54DVM27304

If you were really serious and wanted someone independent to take a look at the car first, I could probably drive over and look at it for you. I spoke with a salesman there at one point who was very low key, low pressure and I can send you his name if you want - PM me.

Good luck with your search!
Thanks for your offer to help, truly appreciate it. But I'm looking for a hard top.

Well the individual program is out of the question. I downloaded the app and it isn't currently offered for the 1 series..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #22
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Here's a member's picture. Perhaps if it's lighter than you thought it may be a blessing in disguise?

Appreciate 0