BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-30-2013, 10:30 PM   #1
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Any 135is DCT Owners Get Stainless Steel Pedals or Complain?

I was just curious if anybody who got a 135is with a DCT actually received stainless steel pedals, or if not, if they complained or asked about why they didn't and eventually got them.

I'm certain they won't be on mine when I get it in a few weeks, and am considering asking the dealer about it to try to make sure I get them since they are listed as part of the 135is package, but nowhere does it say it's limited to just if you get it in stick. I don't think the sales people really know all the lil minute details of what's included in the "is" but hey, it's in the press release and supposed to be included, so worth a shot, right?

And if anybody knows where in the middle of the atlantic our boat is, that'd be great, too. hehe.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 10:45 PM   #2
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is AW/Black 6MT

I think BMW may just be trying to tell you that 135is DCT owners are second class citizens, no?

I think you should push for them when the car comes in, nothing to lose -- especially since they are listed in the stock specifications.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 10:50 PM   #3
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Do you have the stock specifications that list that? I only have the press release, not the ordering guide thing that I think you have. All of us DCT owners must rise up and fight this oppression that has gone on long enough! Sick of friends and family asking if my automatic came with a free dress and the like. I could deal with that better if oh...I dunno, at least I had some stainless steel pedals I could point at. =)
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 11:18 PM   #4
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Houston.....we have a problem.

I just checked "The BMW 1 Series Coupe Standard and Optional Equipment" brochure Rev. August 13, 2012 as well as the "BMW 1 Series Ordering Guide Model Year 2013, effective July 2, 2012" and neither one makes any reference to stainless steel pedals for the 135is. There is no reference to pedals at all. You may have to bring the press release and your Academy Award winning performance to sell them. Maybe throwing yourself on the floor in the middle of the showroom on a busy day and screaming, "the pedals, the pedals, oh where are the stainless PEDALS?? My life is just not worth living without the pedals..." or some such nonsense. That kind of embarrassment might be worth the $150, not sure.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 11:52 PM   #5
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

But...do they also mention that the 135is comes with the performance exhaust, performance power kit 2, black side mirrors, black grille slats, and all that fun stuff? Things only seem to mention the 313 wheels.

Perhaps I'll just have him call your guy up in Santa Barbara since it might be the same day and he can ask, hey, did you just get a 135is in? Yes? Does it have stainless steel pedals? Yes? It came that way?

It also may be a blessing or a curse that they currently have a 135is convertible with DCT and no stainless steel pedals. May help cause they may think, hey, this should have them, too! Or they may say, no, see, they don't get them.

I'm not above having a temper tantrum, collapsing on the floor and kicking my legs and flailing my arms saying, I WANT MY PEDALS!!!! until they give them to me.

From the press release though from BMW's own website:

"The exterior of the new 135is Coupe / Convertible will be clearly identified by exclusive 18” wheels, unique high-gloss black kidney grill, black mirror caps and special exterior badges in additional to the standard M Sport Package components. Interior highlights include stainless steel pedals, special interior badges and optional black leather seats with blue stitching for the standard sport seats."
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 120515_135is_Press_Release.pdf (40.3 KB, 131 views)
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 01:18 AM   #6
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
But...do they also mention that the 135is comes with the performance exhaust, performance power kit 2, black side mirrors, black grille slats, and all that fun stuff? Things only seem to mention the 313 wheels.
Good point. Neither mentions the PE, PPK 2, etc that make the "is" in the 135is. So I guess the Standard and Options brochure and the Ordering Guide are kind of pointless when it comes to 135is. It doesn't seem to list the items that are all added at port delivery VDC. So you would still have every reason to argue the missing stainless steel pedals with the DCT.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 02:35 AM   #7
simianspeedster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 840i Coupe

Further confusion!

Information that helps your case: The U.S. configurator depicts the metal pedals on a 135is when configured with DCT (i.e. two-pedal footwell) and manual (three pedal footwell).

Information that hurts your case: The online brochure seems to indicate that a DCT-equipped 135is doesn't include the metal pedals. Check out the footwell photo and caption on page 47 of the brochure: http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...7-d52969ee2783
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 05:02 AM   #8
socal135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Carbon Black 135is

My 135is only came with the stainless steel footrest. Also I didn't get the 135is interior sticker. Did it make me upset at first...... YES, after having the car almost 6 months do I still care..... No... well that was until I read this thread!

where are my damn stainless steel pedals!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 08:57 AM   #9
mb135is
Captain
Rep
Drives: '13 135is #180/586

Well that stinks. I really like the pedals. Hopefully it'll work out for you.

E82 '13 135is - Space Gray/Coral Red, 6 MT,
Heated Seats, 50% tint, clear bra, BMW Perf. Grilles, BMW Perf. CF Diffuser - #180/586
Appreciate 0