BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-16-2016, 02:22 AM   #331
bevoh13
Rep
Drives: '08 135i E88

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb321 View Post
So after my wife having this car since December I decided to have a go at the golf tee mod. I thought the exhaust already sounded throaty and I was interested to see what difference this made.

Now I see why it sounded so deep, the hose was already disconnected, just lying there without any golf tee or plug. I added a golf tee and tucked it away.

Does anyone know of the knock on effect of not plugging the hose?

The reason I ask is I have been having a problem where upon releasing the brake after a long stop (at a light), instead of the car rolling forward it was as if the brakes were still on for a second or two then suddenly they release and the car does a little jump forward (this is an automatic). It happens randomly about 5 times a day but sometimes not at all.

I was taking it in for this to be checked in a few weeks. If this fixes it I will be so happy.

Could this be related?
Reading through this thread for info on the mod and I find this. The exact problem I have! I have searched for hours trying to find someone else with that same problem. Inactive since 2012. If you ever come back please let me know what it was
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 01:16 PM   #332
e34m5
Major
Rep
Drives: 135i

Tee mod has nothing to do with the brakes. What you are experiencing is the hill holder effect.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 08:13 PM   #333
bevoh13
Rep
Drives: '08 135i E88

Quote:
Originally Posted by e34m5 View Post
Tee mod has nothing to do with the brakes. What you are experiencing is the hill holder effect.
On an auto?

Nevermind, Chris has actually replied and said he got the transmission software flashed to latest. So time to call the dealer and see if we can get that software updated. Champion!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 06:26 PM   #334
e34m5
Major
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevoh13 View Post
On an auto?

Nevermind, Chris has actually replied and said he got the transmission software flashed to latest. So time to call the dealer and see if we can get that software updated. Champion!
Yep. AT's have them. I own one.
Appreciate 0