BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-31-2011, 10:42 AM   #1
Boosted_N54
Major
Rep
Drives: 135i N54

Helix 13. Upgrade turbos

http://www.helix13.com/1-series-bmw/engine-exhaust/#go

Hey gus i wondering if helix13 is realy worth the upgrade turbos?
MHD Custom Flash (E85) [Jake@MOTIV] / Vargas Stage 2 Turbos / Fuel it LPFP Stage 3+/ Moitiv Port Injection/ MMP Turbo Inlets/ 3.5 Tmap Sensor / ER FMIC /ER Chargepipe HKS-BOV / AA Downpipes / Agency Power Race mid pipes / Berk Technology race exhaust / BMW SSK / BC Forged Whees Toyo R888 tires / KW Club sport coilovers+KW Camber Plates / Spec stg2+Spec SMSFW/ APR Wing GTC200
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 07:12 PM   #2
dperez
Rep
Drives: 135i white

Helix turbo

Buy ASR, there turbo up grade is a really up grade.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 07:19 PM   #3
Boosted1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i n54

Quote:
Originally Posted by dperez View Post
WTF??? ASR?? You dont know what you're talking about.

http://www.***********.com/content.p...-vendor&page=2

Edit: Apparently bi m m erboost cant be in this site...anyways here it is:

"ASR Engineering is no longer a supporting vendor at ***********. There are several reasons for this and this is being brought to your attention in order to prevent our members from incurring losses. There have been several issues with ASR that are simply inexcusable and we can no longer in good conscience endorse their business. The only reason ASR ever was a vendor here in the first place is due to a pre-existing arrangement with two members on the staff before this site came into existence. This arrangement was honored in good faith but simply, enough is enough, and the reasons why are below.

You may have seen recently where user George Smooth posted his experience with ASR. This is just a bad situation in which Abid simply has shown no heart, doing absolutely nothing to resolve it. There is $3320 that Abid took for an exhaust that he did not deliver. If this was not bad enough, it has caused issues for George in his home country of South Africa. These issues prevent George from taking his family on vacation out of the country or ordering certain parts from overseas. All it would take to correct this is $100 and Abid won't even do that. To put it simply, Abid has no conscience. If it isn't bad enough he has stolen over three grand, he does not even have the decency to put up $100 to help George resolve his banking situation. Low class, despicable, and something we will not tolerate.

We wish this was the only story, but it isn't. Some users may be familiar with GT3 Ranger who in good faith sent Abid his M5 to do a twin turbo project. Well, we have been in contact with GT3 Ranger from the beginning of the project and warned him that Abid could not deliver something so complex. Ranger pushed ahead anyway and now can not even get a hold of Abid after spending... well, not our place to say. We won't go much further as we do not wish to violate Ranger's confidence but obviously the twin turbo has not been completed and he ended up having to buy another M5 while this one collects dust. Abid promised him the world and did not deliver and Ranger simply has no choice but to eat the cost that Abid pocketed and has lost complete faith in this ever being completed or even getting any money back.

ASR has been removed from M5board for scamming people on exhausts. ASR takes deposits, and does not deliver the product. Abid refuses to answer phone calls, return e-mails, or communicate in any fashion with those he has scammed or even anyone else for that matter. If you are in the Florida area you are likely safe as you can meet him face to face. But as you just read with George, if you are overseas, forget it.

ASR Engineering is not to be trusted, they simply can't be. The customer service is poor, they have scammed our members, and simply are a bottom tier BMW shop if even that. Installing nitrous on a car does not make you a world class tuner capable of doing custom twin turbos on a BMW M5 S85 V10. I pointed out on M5board that I would not trust Abid to tune my radio and that this V10 project was beyond his abilities. For that, I was temp banned as Abid forced Gustav to do so ($) and I'm sure Gustav is preparing his apology. History has shown ASR's true colors and ASR will not be endorsed here. *********** will also pony up the $100 to resolve George's situation and if Abid has even a single honest bone in his body he will do the right thing. He has had since January of this year to do that though, so no one hold their breath.
"
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 07:24 PM   #4
Boosted1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i n54

Helix is a respectable brand, tough I have yet to see cars with the kit. Should work fine tough, wheter with the JB4 or the PROcede.

There's a comparison of the different turbo upgrades for the N54 in the "forbidden" page lol. Check it out inf your in for a turbo upgrade.

I would love to get upgraded turbos, but really dont want to run meth as of now.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 08:55 AM   #5
TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management
Major
TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management's Avatar
Rep
Drives: 2012 Abarth 500

Quote:
these turbos can support 540hp within their efficiency island. maybe you should buy the ASR's and let us know how that works out for you

I will be installing these on my 135i in the very near future and custom tune with Cobb, and we can finally see some fine tuned #'s for them.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 10:20 AM   #6
Boosted_N54
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTurboBullett View Post
Quote:
these turbos can support 540hp within their efficiency island. maybe you should buy the ASR's and let us know how that works out for you

I will be installing these on my 135i in the very near future and custom tune with Cobb, and we can finally see some fine tuned #'s for them.
Yea i have pictures from ASR of there turbos and stuff they have sent me and all there pricing info i will post it soon Its alots of money. Im thinking of going with a helix with a cobb tune. I
MHD Custom Flash (E85) [Jake@MOTIV] / Vargas Stage 2 Turbos / Fuel it LPFP Stage 3+/ Moitiv Port Injection/ MMP Turbo Inlets/ 3.5 Tmap Sensor / ER FMIC /ER Chargepipe HKS-BOV / AA Downpipes / Agency Power Race mid pipes / Berk Technology race exhaust / BMW SSK / BC Forged Whees Toyo R888 tires / KW Club sport coilovers+KW Camber Plates / Spec stg2+Spec SMSFW/ APR Wing GTC200
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 10:32 AM   #7
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Buying from ASR is worse than buying from Fibre Optix.

If any of you have been around enough to know what that company is.

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 10:41 AM   #8
Black Sheep
A Zip an a Double Cup
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da _Grk_Tuner View Post
Im thinking of going with a helix with a cobb tune. I
Do it

PTF Tuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #9
TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management
Major
TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management's Avatar
Rep
Drives: 2012 Abarth 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da _Grk_Tuner View Post
Yea i have pictures from ASR of there turbos and stuff they have sent me and all there pricing info i will post it soon Its alots of money. Im thinking of going with a helix with a cobb tune. I
I am the tuner/r&d guy for helix so if you go that route I will have a tune map once Cobb releases the tuning suite
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 11:14 AM   #10
shemeld_135
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 SO - M2C

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budz135i View Post
Do it
+1 helix all the way
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 01:00 PM   #11
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted1 View Post
WTF??? ASR?? You dont know what you're talking about.

http://www.***********.com/content.p...-vendor&page=2

Edit: Apparently bi m m erboost cant be in this site...anyways here it is:

"ASR Engineering is no longer a supporting vendor at ***********. There are several reasons for this and this is being brought to your attention in order to prevent our members from incurring losses. There have been several issues with ASR that are simply inexcusable and we can no longer in good conscience endorse their business. The only reason ASR ever was a vendor here in the first place is due to a pre-existing arrangement with two members on the staff before this site came into existence. This arrangement was honored in good faith but simply, enough is enough, and the reasons why are below.

You may have seen recently where user George Smooth posted his experience with ASR. This is just a bad situation in which Abid simply has shown no heart, doing absolutely nothing to resolve it. There is $3320 that Abid took for an exhaust that he did not deliver. If this was not bad enough, it has caused issues for George in his home country of South Africa. These issues prevent George from taking his family on vacation out of the country or ordering certain parts from overseas. All it would take to correct this is $100 and Abid won't even do that. To put it simply, Abid has no conscience. If it isn't bad enough he has stolen over three grand, he does not even have the decency to put up $100 to help George resolve his banking situation. Low class, despicable, and something we will not tolerate.

We wish this was the only story, but it isn't. Some users may be familiar with GT3 Ranger who in good faith sent Abid his M5 to do a twin turbo project. Well, we have been in contact with GT3 Ranger from the beginning of the project and warned him that Abid could not deliver something so complex. Ranger pushed ahead anyway and now can not even get a hold of Abid after spending... well, not our place to say. We won't go much further as we do not wish to violate Ranger's confidence but obviously the twin turbo has not been completed and he ended up having to buy another M5 while this one collects dust. Abid promised him the world and did not deliver and Ranger simply has no choice but to eat the cost that Abid pocketed and has lost complete faith in this ever being completed or even getting any money back.

ASR has been removed from M5board for scamming people on exhausts. ASR takes deposits, and does not deliver the product. Abid refuses to answer phone calls, return e-mails, or communicate in any fashion with those he has scammed or even anyone else for that matter. If you are in the Florida area you are likely safe as you can meet him face to face. But as you just read with George, if you are overseas, forget it.

ASR Engineering is not to be trusted, they simply can't be. The customer service is poor, they have scammed our members, and simply are a bottom tier BMW shop if even that. Installing nitrous on a car does not make you a world class tuner capable of doing custom twin turbos on a BMW M5 S85 V10. I pointed out on M5board that I would not trust Abid to tune my radio and that this V10 project was beyond his abilities. For that, I was temp banned as Abid forced Gustav to do so ($) and I'm sure Gustav is preparing his apology. History has shown ASR's true colors and ASR will not be endorsed here. *********** will also pony up the $100 to resolve George's situation and if Abid has even a single honest bone in his body he will do the right thing. He has had since January of this year to do that though, so no one hold their breath.
"
sad but stories like these are dime a dozen in the FI world. I have seen the most reputable shops go down in flames cause of how they scammed people, this is why I choose the N54, cause I can a flash tune that works great (Cobb) and anything else I can do myself or w/ the help of friends

no more build motors and crazy turbo applications for me, way too many people trying to pull of scams, unless I can do it all myself
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #12
BMWeber
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Buying from ASR is worse than buying from Fibre Optix.

If any of you have been around enough to know what that company is.
It kinda sux they have had some business issues because they are the only one out there with a true turbo upgrade with ball bearings and all. But when I finally pony up the cash I will be going the ASR rout unless someone else comes up with a comparable upgrade
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 01:01 AM   #13
Boosted_N54
Major
Rep

ASR pictures and turbo cost..

well here are the pictures and the cost for this turbo upgrade

" List Pricing For ASR Parts:

ASR N54 Garrett GT Turbo Upgrades With Billet Actuators $5795.00
ASR N54 Intercooler Upgrade Kit $2295.00
ASR N54 Cold Air Intake & Chargepipe System W/ Tial BOV $2195.00
ASR N54 Aluminum Flywheel & Clutch Kit $1995.00
ASR N54 Clutch Kit Without Flywheel $995.00
ASR N54 Meth Injection Kit $895.00

Your Package Price:

ASR N54 Garrett GT Turbo Upgrades With Billet Actuators $4500.00
ASR N54 Intercooler Upgrade Kit $1795.00
ASR N54 Cold Air Intake & Chargepipe System W/ Tial BOV $1695.00
ASR N54 Aluminum Flywheel & Clutch Kit $1750.00
ASR N54 Clutch Kit Without Flywheel $895.00
ASR N54 Meth Injection Kit $749.00

**Please Keep In Mind That The Turbo Price Does Not Include The Stock Turbo Core Fee**

''
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 06:06 AM   #14
ErvGotti
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.00]
Although I like the concept of their intake for that price I would get the dinan intake and ER charge pipe. The dinan intake looks sooo much better and I'm willing to bet will flow the same. Also that intercooler is also over priced.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 07:32 AM   #15
RnmEvo9
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Even if it was legit, you would still have to worry about delivering fuel.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 07:33 AM   #16
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 View Post
And getting the combustion products out. He doesn't spec dps in that kit either.

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 08:32 AM   #17
Boosted_N54
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 View Post
And getting the combustion products out. He doesn't spec dps in that kit either.
no they dont offer DPs. I have more pic of fmic and more of the tubro let me know if you guys want More pic.

Last edited by Boosted_N54; 06-09-2011 at 09:43 AM..
Appreciate 0