BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-29-2013, 12:20 AM   #45
urban_alchemist
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbo_3101 View Post
Glad to hear you love this vehicle, but I'd argue that the 1M is anything but predictable given the torque and wheelbase. After all, look how many owners have binned their 1M or E82 and this is not just referring to racers, who really are pushing limits.

Try spinning out 450o then counter spinning 270o at over 100mph. Everytime I am on circuit, my overwhelming emotion is fear
I don't use it on a track, but on the road, at road speeds, it just seems to get better and better the harder you push it. I have a selection of very challenging (and empty) roads that I love chucking the car down - there is little better than sending it sideways through a 90-degree turn and using the torque to balance the rear and shoot out onto the straight.

Maybe I've just had relatively unusual cars before, but I don't find the wheelbase overly snappy, or the torque an issue...
Appreciate 0