BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-25-2016, 10:16 PM   #1
ccmkE82
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT / M-Sport

Wastegate Rattle: identifying front or rear waste gate

So I've had the waste gate rattle on my 2008 135i for just about a year, and I've decided its about time to fix it so my car doesn't sound like junk. I've already read the big thread on how to fix it, so I jacked my car up yesterday to take a look at the rear waste gate and I found that there is a little bit of wiggle on the actuator rod but not much, so I suspect that my front waste gate might be doing all the rattling. Just wanted to check here if there is a way to determine which waste gate is doing all the rattling that isn't very invasive. It'd be easy to tell if the front waste gate was in a more convenient spot, but its not. I figured I should determine this before just tightening my rear turbo when it might not even need tightening.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 02:11 PM   #2
MZWIE
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

The problem is internal with the valve. I tried it and would not waste my time again.
Appreciate 0