BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-16-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
nicnic426
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 320d msport 2005

Throttle sticking while driving (1series hatchback)

Hello guys would BMW take responsible if the throttle was stuck while driving???? Basically I was driving the missus 1series hatch the other day, as I was driving along, a car pulled out unexpectedly which resulted me to emergency brake which luckily me n that silly person was unharmed so we both drove of.however after the harsh braking, the throttle starting to behave a little wired, the sensitiveness of the throttle peddle become quite stiff in terms of pressure applied while accelerating, and when I approach a corner that I was familiar with I floored the throttle on the apex and then the throttle peddle was stuck! Therefore the car was just accelerating by itself..by this time I can truly say I never been so scared in my life as there was a car in front n behind me, so instinctively I push the gears into neutral and push the breaks so the car can stop, the car was jus over revving and good job the driver from behind over took me as I bet he saw alot of sudden movements on the car.

Would you guys think BMW would take full responsibility of checking and may be replacing the faulty part as its a health and safety issue???

Thank god the incident happen to me and not my GF as she would jus went into panic mode and something nasty could of happened.

The 1series is a 2004 118d hatchback.

Your thoughts and feedback or similar experience is greatly appreciated as I really confuse to what to do.

Kind regards

Nic
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
b9boy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i Coupe N55

Nic
Sorry to say but Id be surprised if they would.

Does it have FULL BMW SH as that might help?

Bottomline is try it and be pleasant and they might just look favourably on you. If I was BMW id have a look at it purely on H&S and PR grounds.

Might be worth trying BMW Customer Services first though. When I bought our Audi RS6 a few years back the Audi dealer hadnt replaced the cambelt before I bought and refused to afterwards. One call to Audi UK and it was all sorted and agreed!!
Lemon Leather
Dark Grey Poplar Wood
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 05:06 PM   #3
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Sure it wasn't something silly like a floor mat jammed under the gas pedal? Or worn cable? Take it to BMW and explain to them your problem.

I don't really see why BMW would pay anything though. Look at all the Toyota sillyness... and all bc a bunch of ppl don't know how to drive. There was what 20 cars with defects (globally!) but hundreds of ppl who swore their cars were unsafe to drive. lol
Appreciate 0